Author Topic: I will be in Shenyang on the 7th for a week  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Gautam

Re: I will be in Shenyang on the 7th for a week
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 09:03:58 am »
I am not sure where this best section this best fits into but as I started this in My Trip to China here I continue......

So I was there from the 7th to the 13th.

Purpose: to confirm that the lady I was writing to was the lady of my dreams

Stayed: New World Hotel, Nanjing Nan Jie - in the centre of town and cost me $40/day 4 star

Day1:P Arrived late in the evening and told everyone I would meet them first thing the next morning rather. Taxi cost me RM 70.

Day2: Mr Cao from the agency brought the lady to meet me and as I have met him before it was fairly relaxed. The lady however seemed to look slightly different from the photos and web cam - no matter still good.

15 minutes later Mr Cao left us to it and we decided to have breakfast - local and as it was unseasonal hot a walk was what i needed.

Out of the hotel and she took my hand in hers - well this one is for the album; fast worker!!!

Breakfast and she announces she would like to look at computers - Red Flag and I think why not it will be fun and we spend a happy 2 hours in Gome while I tell her the history of the chairman of Gome and his downfall. I sense boredom but continue as I am in full swing.

Now she is a bit tired and want to have a rest so we go back to the hotel while she lies down and I think - must send a telegraph to the chaps and ask for advice!!!

Best play it straight and see what she does - and the interesting mating game starts. It appears that I need to get intimate as this is standing in the way of important matters and as I am a bit slow I am wondering what this can be. I soon discover it is shopping.

So in mid afternoon we walk down the department store and she buys - face mask, mud, perfume and some thing else in a bottle. I dont mind as it is a good exchange but want to see what happens next.

well it was dinner - big fish for her which she could not possibly finish and a modest plate of noodles for me which I could most definitely finish

On to bed and a sweltering night as the hotel has switched the air con off and they are going with "fresh air" - what are they talking about??

Day 2 the 9th

As soon as we are up it is breakfast and down to the shops in the opposite direction to where we went the previous day and it is anti wrinkle cream and some other tubes which I really had no interest in looking at but when we went past a handbag shop she threw herself into it and tried to drag me in behind her. Not my thing and I waited for her outside the shop.

Our first fight ensued - I checked - 27 hours after we met. Actually it was not a fight as much as she accused me of not wanting to shop with her and I agreed - so she sulked.

33 hours after we meet she needs to go home to change but gives me a shopping list of what she needs - 2 pairs of Nike shoes from the concept store @RM1K/ pair and Nike outfit. Yes my thought precisely and by now I have had enough.

She goes off and i decide for the big test (yes yes) I ask her to take the money she need for a cab to her place and back from my wallet and she takes it all - lucky I only had RM600 in it.

Now I decide to make alternative arrangements and call my friends from Laioning University and Shenyang Normal University; when she returns I inform her we need to reassess the situation and we can discuss in the morning - yes I am a coward and hate confrontations. I drop her home and go on to dinner

day 3 10th Enough!! and I call her and tell her but my Chinese is not really up to complicated diplomatic explanations and her comprehension in English disappear. Interesting discussion ensues and in the end she still wants to go shopping.

I call Mr Chao and ask her to explain to her that we were not suited as her first love is my first hate. Interesting he tries to convince me to keep seeing her for the duration of my stay - haha I wonder why, and I decline as a matter of honor and he then decides to find me another babe

I see friends and we have a great time

the rest of my time there was spent with friends and having big noisy dinners and lots of beer...

One thing I should mention and while we were on a shopping trip I bumped into a teacher of mine and she asked me to call her - first time she ever gave me her phone number; We had dinner and unfortunately it was on the 12th.. but we spent a very nice 6 hours together and she did let me into a secret that she always admired me and I told her that I always found her eyes attractive.

So I will be going back and I wonder if my loashi is the One....the glass was half full, then nearly empty and now more than half full.

All sorts of phases come to mind - when one door ........; what the Lord taketh .......; When you are least expecting......

I can go on but you have heard enough of this trip - Come May come the next trip and who know what the future holds.

A big thanks to Mr Chong - you are a fountain of information and a big help and if I can return this in any way please let me know

Chong

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 02:40:21 pm »
Gautam ... quite a trip & story !!!  Did you have any indication ( based on your letters ) or suspect that the lady would turn out like that ??   :o

Just like Irish, you may have found your future lady by luck, coincidence and good timing. Like lots of other guys, a woman's "eyes" are the first attraction. Good for you and her if this develops further. At least, you don't have to deal with any of the ChnLove & agency 'BS'.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 07:08:34 pm »
Wow, I was going OMG reading that until the last bit where you pulled it all back, glad to hear that you have a Chinese future ahead still to look forward to .
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Gautam

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 06:21:01 am »
Mr Chong .......I expected some "shopping" but not the excessive burn rate of RM2K/day. I had a feeling that this would accelerate over the duration of my visit. But it is better to find out now that at more substantial cost later.

I keep think I may have done her an injustice but the more I examine even in retrospect I feel it was completely the right decision. Funny thing though - I pride myself as being a good judge of character - another thing that needs reviewing.

I will be back in Shenyang in June for a month and I will have to think carefully about my startegy. The new one is lovely and charming and she could really turn me inside out. I am positive and will approch it with as they say "an open heart"

If anyone is going to be in Shenyang June/July please let me know

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 06:47:55 am »
I have to agree with you gautam about buying stuff for the lady i mean giveing you a list of what stuff she wants and all that deff takeing the p-ss dont get me wong i would treet the lady to whats she after but the way she was going about it and lets face it you think she want to take you somewere nice not the shops first off
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 10:02:49 am »
lol vince.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Gautam

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 10:21:04 am »
Hey Vince when are you going to Shenyang? I will make sure I am there as well ......I want to see the aftermath of the NO! lol.....

By the way chaps it is only fair that I should share this with you - ladies in China now want a laptop - to talk to you ofcourse..so best buy this in the US if you are from there as it is cheaper - dont know about Canada, for the Brits and the Aussies maybe cheaper in China or pick one up duty free in Hong Kong.

I reckon the local brand Netbook is good enough and it is RM2,100 maybe 2K with good negotiation but really I want to be there when Vince is manouvering his babe to the local brand away from the Sony VIAO P lol -

Offline Gautam

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 12:34:53 pm »
where in Shenyang will your second home be?