Author Topic: WARNING  (Read 7328 times)

ttwjr32

Re: Scrape the Sand
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 02:29:45 am »
i tried this several times for my back and shoulder and it worked wonders for me

Paul Todd

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 05:58:27 am »
We have a of do it yourself  cupping kit at home. It has several different size glass "Cup's" and a suction pump to remove the air. My wife swears by it but it does leave a nasty red circle on your skin for a few weeks. I have never tried it but with the reports here I may have to take the whole idea more seriously. China never ceases to amaze me.

ttwjr32

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 08:50:18 am »
we do to have one at home and my wife gets me to use it and it has worked wonders sometimes

give it a try Paul you might be quite surprised  according to Sara if it gets really red then that is why
your having a problem   and it needed to be done

Offline temur72

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 07:19:50 pm »
I believe  Gywneth (sp) Paltow uses Cupping as well

Plenty of old traditional medical  practices work, from the different herbs that have been used to cupping and acupunture by the looks of it.

As for why cupping or acupunture work I dont know, but as it has been done for thousands of years, I expect that it does

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 11:39:29 pm »
I had this fire cupping done to me, the last time I was in China or last March/April of this year.  The cupping was on my back ... placed in strategic places.  When was all over ... looked like I had about a dozen giant hickeys all over my back.  Some of them were rather tender for a few days ... for took about 5 or more days for the dark redness to go away

Fire cupping
Fire cupping is a method of applying acupressure by creating a vacuum next to the patent's skin. In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) it involves placing glass, plastic, or bamboo cups on the skin with a vacuum. The therapy is used to relieve what is called "stagnation" in TCM terms, and is used in the treatment of respiratory diseases such as the common cold, pneumonia, and bronchitis. Cupping is also used to treat back, neck, shoulder, and other musculoskeletal pain. Its advocates claim it has other applications as well. This technique, in varying forms, has also been found in the folk medicine of Vietnam, the Balkans, modern Greece, Mexico, and Russia, among other places, including Iran where it is called 'bod-kesh' meaning literally 'pull with air'.
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Paul Todd

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 01:24:43 am »
Very informative,Thanks Rob.

Paul Todd

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 08:56:51 am »
I am quite intrigued by this. I had sort of dismissed the whole thing as being just another one of  the odd things Chinese people think is good for them. But I think I might give it ago!

Description of Cupping

Acupuncturists use cupping to stimulate acupuncture points by applying suction through a glass cup, for specific problems in the flow of qi, or life energy.  Cupping disperses and moves qi by exerting suction and pressure.  Cupping is used when the qi is blocked at certain points, or when qi needs to be drawn to the surface of the body from deep within.
Patients usually lie down for a cupping treatment.  Cups are made of strong glass.  To create a vacuum, a flame from a burning cotton ball is placed in an upside-down cup.  When the oxygen in the cup is burned off, the cup is placed directly on the skin, where it is held in place by a surprisingly strong suction, which then draws the skin up around the cup, under the cup.  The cotton ball is remained outside and the temperature is not high; usually the patients won’t be burned.
The skin is redden with strong cupping, indicating that circulation has been brought to the surface.  The sensation of cupping is often characterized as deep warmth and tingling, long after the treatment has ended.  Cupping is generally a painless procedure.

Benefits of Cupping

By creating suction and negative pressure, cupping has been found to affect the body up to four inches into the tissues, which is used to treat muscle pain and spasms, drain excess fluids and toxins, loosen adhesion's, connective tissue and stubborn knots in soft tissue, stimulate blood circulation and bring blood flow to nourish stagnant muscles and skin, enhance the flow of energy, stimulate the peripheral nervous system, activate the lymphatic system, clear colon blockages, help activate and clear the arteries, veins, and capillaries, and improve varicose veins.

Cupping draws the inflammation out, yet does not add to it.

Variations of Cupping

Stationary cupping usually leaves cups in the same place for several minutes.  Cups are sometimes placed over Acupuncture needles that have been inserted to take the advantages of both Acupuncture and Cupping therapies simultaneously.  Moving cupping, after applying small amount of oil to the skin to facilitate the cupping movement, the cups are glided over the surface of the skin.  The cups may stay for a short time on stubborn knots or over inflamed joints or tissue.
Cupping has also been adapted and duplicated by modern lymphatic drainage machines.

Massage Cupping

According to traditional Chinese medicine, the flow of qi travels throughout the body in channels called “Meridians”.  Meridians are the conduits in the body through which energy flows to every part of the body and through every organ and tissue.  Illness is caused when qi is blocked at certain points or it does not move properly in the body.  When Meridians are opened, invigorating energy is traveling the whole length of the body. 

Combining the moving cupping and the theory of meridians, massage cupping therapy has been further developed as a means to open the Meridians of the body.  The stagnated, weak, or out of balanced qi can be dispersed or moved by exerting suction and pressure of massage cupping.  Massage cupping can also be used when qi needs to be drawn to the surface of the body from deep within to nourish muscles and skin. 

The massage cupping therapy has the advantages of both cupping and deep massage therapies.  In spite of causing local congestion and blood stasis temporarily, massage cupping is not an irritant to the skin or body.

Precautions

Since cupping is a safe and non-invasive technique, there are very few conditions in which cupping should not be used, such as high fever, skin disease, tendency to bleed easily, or to the abdominal and sacral regions of pregnant women.

Side effects of Cupping

Cupping causes blood to be drawn to the surface of the skin, which can cause non permanent red marks, swelling, and bruising at the local area for 2- 4 days.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 02:22:28 am »
Sophie done this to me after my Acupuncture on my shoulder.  Mind you the 'Cup' were quite small, it was not painful except at first when they start to'draw' the skin up.  Leaves marks for a couple of days..But that's it.. :D  Helped tremendously