Author Topic: Talking electronic translators  (Read 17369 times)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: Talking electronic translators
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2009, 10:09:23 am »
Once you have a direct link you can tell your lady what you are doing to save any misunderstandings in words as even with the Besta it cannot always detect the word you are after to change to Chinese , but is probably an 8 out of 10 , regards Robert
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline dandreis.marco

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2009, 10:13:33 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='21408' dateline='1256910901'

I don't know about the Bestas but the translator my girl has didn't write English that was any better than Google's translations.

I have a rule - use MSN/QQ for unimportant things, but EMFs for important things. It is a good rule.

so google can be good to translate english > chinese and viceversa?

well nothing important for me right now, since i dont have found a special girl yet, and since i have 43 girl that have write to me it will be expansive reply to them all, and more important i have to find who is really a scam girl so i stop to reply her, and i focus only in the girls that are really interested in a relationship...
i know i will find my lady, i know is hard but i will do my best and i wont give up easily :angel:

brett

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2009, 10:45:04 am »
Google can be used, but it writes some complete rubbish sometimes. Sometimes it writes the opposite of what you want to say, so always translate the translation back to Chinese before you send it to the girl.

Don't worry, at first you'll be overwhelmed by the number of ladies on chnlove, but you will know when you meet the good ones - I did not find that too difficult to work out.

It helps if you have a good idea of what you want so you can ask them important questions. In my example, I wanted someone to move to the UK, so anyone who didn't want this I stopped talking to. I also don't like dogs, so that cut out all the dog lovers etc.

Offline dandreis.marco

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2009, 11:45:55 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='21417' dateline='1256913904'

Google can be used, but it writes some complete rubbish sometimes. Sometimes it writes the opposite of what you want to say, so always translate the translation back to Chinese before you send it to the girl.

Don't worry, at first you'll be overwhelmed by the number of ladies on chnlove, but you will know when you meet the good ones - I did not find that too difficult to work out.

It helps if you have a good idea of what you want so you can ask them important questions. In my example, I wanted someone to move to the UK, so anyone who didn't want this I stopped talking to. I also don't like dogs, so that cut out all the dog lovers etc.

i tried some google, is hard do a decent translation =_=
i know i will find my lady, i know is hard but i will do my best and i wont give up easily :angel:

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2009, 04:16:58 pm »
Hi Marco.

If you have not discovered it, try MDBG. I find it works quite well, That is if you want to translate into English tho. I'm not sure if you want that, or one in you native language.  :)

Andy...
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline dandreis.marco

« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2009, 04:19:35 pm »
Quote from: 'wilsbrough' pid='21426' dateline='1256933818'

Hi Marco.

If you have not discovered it, try MDBG. I find it works quite well, That is if you want to translate into English tho. I'm not sure if you want that, or one in you native language.  :)

Andy...

well i understand english better than chinese ^^

mdbg is a software??

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2009, 04:57:34 pm »
No it is an online program. http://usa.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php I have it in my favorites, copy and paste it into your browser.

Andy. :icon_biggrin:
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

shaun

« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2009, 04:58:41 pm »
Quote from: 'dandreis.marco' pid='21411' dateline='1256912013'
I don't know about the Bestas but the translator my girl has didn't write English that was any better than Google's translations.

I have a rule - use MSN/QQ for unimportant things, but EMFs for important things. It is a good rule.

well nothing important for me right now, since i dont have found a special girl yet, and since i have 43 girl that have write to me it will be expansive reply to them all, and more important i have to find who is really a scam girl so i stop to reply her, and i focus only in the girls that are really interested in a relationship...

google translate can translate Italian to Chinese and back.  There are tricks to make work better.  Try one sentence at a time. Try different words.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:03:46 pm by shaun »

Offline dandreis.marco

« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2009, 05:02:46 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='21429' dateline='1256936321'

Quote from: 'dandreis.marco' pid='21411' dateline='1256912013'

google translate can translate Italian to Chinese and back

i know, it do quite the same...

and worse the translation in chinese form english is different from the italian one ...

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2009, 12:11:01 pm »
test sorry

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2009, 11:07:53 am »
Has anyone bought an ECTACO translator? They seem pretty good except i heard the customer service is the pits.

Offline fyeba

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2009, 02:39:16 pm »
I guess it depends on what you're looking for.  

One of the biggest differences I saw between the top of the line Besta and the top of the line Ectaco was that the Besta would provide both the pinyin and hanyu translations from english (since that's what I'm concerned with).  Since I'm trying to learn to speak Mandarin that's pretty important to me.

If that's not important to you, then from the geek standpoint (me being a geek), the Ectaco impressed me more than the Besta.  

But, again, it didn't give me the one important non-geek thing that I wanted.  So I'm really leaning towards the Besta.

As far a customer service goes, these things are just like toasters.  I don't think you're going to find that great of CS with any of the manufacturer's.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Barry

Quote from: 'Oiler1' pid='23786' dateline='1258992473'

Has anyone bought an ECTACO translator? They seem pretty good except i heard the customer service is the pits.

brett

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2009, 04:58:49 am »
Guys - if you haven't noticed, Google have revamped their translation page. The translation is now done in real time, and there's an option to show pinyin! This is a huge leap forward for those of us who are learning Chinese :icon_cheesygrin:!

Offline fyeba

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2009, 07:44:08 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='23863' dateline='1259056729'

Guys - if you haven't noticed, Google have revamped their translation page. The translation is now done in real time, and there's an option to show pinyin! This is a huge leap forward for those of us who are learning Chinese :icon_cheesygrin:!

Way cool!!
Thanks Brett

Now if they'd only plug that into their widgets (like on http://www.google.com/ig) then translate / reverse translate would be a breeze.

Regards,
Barry

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2009, 02:41:26 pm »
Quote from: 'fyeba' pid='23804' dateline='1259005156'

I guess it depends on what you're looking for.  

One of the biggest differences I saw between the top of the line Besta and the top of the line Ectaco was that the Besta would provide both the pinyin and hanyu translations from english (since that's what I'm concerned with).  Since I'm trying to learn to speak Mandarin that's pretty important to me.

If that's not important to you, then from the geek standpoint (me being a geek), the Ectaco impressed me more than the Besta.  

But, again, it didn't give me the one important non-geek thing that I wanted.  So I'm really leaning towards the Besta.

As far a customer service goes, these things are just like toasters.  I don't think you're going to find that great of CS with any of the manufacturer's.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Barry

Quote from: 'Oiler1' pid='23786' dateline='1258992473'

The ECTACO looks impressive, but I think it doesn't have Cantonese translations. My girlfriend is from Guangdong and she speaks more Cantonese than anything. I had tried the Besta 9200 mini in Hong Kong and it had a Cantonese sound translation.

I think there are different labeled models in China though so it makes it difficult to compare even between Besta models.

I will probably buy one in China as it at least has a Chinese recharger plug. Oh do these come in dual voltage also?
I found out that there are different versions of Besta models in each country.

The American one has a model more for English speakers learning Chinese.

The Hong Kong models have a different label designation but can also pronounce words in Cantonese.

The mainland Chinese models I believe have yet another designation but in Guangdong province the models can also speak to you in Cantonese.

This is where I get all confused. I need one for an English speaker to learn Mandarin and also Cantonese but I also want to have my girlfriend learn English from it as well.

I am leaning to buy it from Canada  which has the North American version same as in the USA.

If I am wrong please correct me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 03:21:51 pm by Oiler1 »