Author Topic: Intended Destinations on China Visa  (Read 6696 times)

ttwjr32

RE: Intended Destinations on China Visa
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 09:23:54 pm »
i was being humurous also

shaun

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 09:52:16 pm »
Sorry Ted.  I guess the joke is on me.  Now that I have re-read I feel the fool.

Offline David S

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 01:44:13 am »
Maybe someone can help answer a question.  When I called the Chinese embassy a few weeks ago the voice recording had a prompt for if you wanted to go to Hong Kong and another one for other parts of China.  I'm planning on going to Shenzhen China in the spring, which is just a hop skip and jump north of Hong Kong.  I am also thinking I want to visit other areas of China.  Does it make a difference if you enter thought Hong Kong?  Is this voice mail prompt perhaps from the old days when Hong Kong was under British control?  I thought I'd ask the brotherhood before attempting to go to the embassy to get things cleared up.  I guess a good thing is that the Chinese embassy is not out of my way to visit, being that I live just outside of DC.

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 01:49:27 am »
I'll assume you're an American citizen. then the answer is as following. Hong Kong is part of China but is it not. Its treated separately.

You don't need to apply for a visa to go to Hong Kong as tourist. You land and they stamp you 30 (or is it 90 now I forget, but it is at least 30 day) visa for tourist. Go and have fun!

To enter China, you need a Visa and you must apply before you get there. You do it at the embassy here. It doesn't matter where you enter China. If you want to go to Shen Zhen from Hong Kong, you will need a China vista as you will be entering China from Hong Kong. It would be the same as if you fly to Shen Zhen directly.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 01:52:30 am by RegnisTheGreat »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 07:13:17 am »
Easiest way is to fly to Hong Kong then take the ferry direct from the airport to Shenzhen.  The customs and immigrations at the Chinese ferry ports are less stringent than at the airports.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

David5o

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 08:35:03 am »
David S,

What RegnisTheGreat and Willy has told you is good advise. Hong Kong has a special territory status, and will continue to have for 50 years, the same thing applies to Macau.
You need a Chinese Visa for mainland China, You only need to specify on your application your intended first city that you will be visiting, and the hotel where you'll be staying. After that you can go wherever you want to go with few restrictions, and none that would concern you.

Enjoy your trip....

David....

Offline DChinchar

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 11:17:54 pm »
Thank you for the advice everyone has given me for applying for visa.
I ended up checking tourist and other (I put visiting friend).  I also gave them my girls name, city, phone#, email address, hotel name, and hotel phone#.
I received my visa today.  I was approved for a 12 month multiple entry visa, with 60 day duration of each visit.
I am a very happy man.  I will be going to Chengdu, Sichuan China from 22 Jan - 31 Jan
Thanks again,
Dan

• Board Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 12:12:48 am »
I don't know what you Americans have that us Brits don't have!!!!  (Besides a bigger country, bigger beefburgers, possibly bigger women and definately bigger UFO's)

Another US citizen with a 12 month multiple entry visa!!!

Roll on the coming year when I may, just may, qualify for a 12 month multiple entry one with no limit on length of stay.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

rockycoon

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 12:17:41 am »
Willy, it's because we have more Wal-Marts than you do....imports are so good to us....lol

• Board Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 12:23:01 am »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='26958' dateline='1262323061'

Willy, it's because we have more Wal-Marts than you do....imports are so good to us....lol

I brought a belt in Arizona but when it fell in two I saw it was made in Mexico!!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

shaun

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 12:37:09 am »
Hmmm...  Arizona...  Northern Mexico.

In America we do not have to call attention to our Willy's.

ttwjr32

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 04:21:42 am »
arizona is mexico isnt it shaun?

shaun

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 07:21:32 am »
Yes, with the exception of a few odd misfits. :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:22:00 am by shaun »

ttwjr32

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 06:54:46 pm »
new mexico a close second

Offline zook144

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 06:25:52 pm »
I have about 6 weeks before I head back to China. But I would like to know before the last minute if all is good to go as far as my visa is concerned. I received it last April. It says good until April 6, 2010.   So, am I correct in assuming I need nothing else for this trip? Just hand them  my passport with the visa.   And they welcome me with open arms? :D   And i will be leaving China before the expiration date.
Don
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:27:44 pm by zook144 »
The Journey Is The Destination