Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 50897 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
Re: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #225 on: November 03, 2010, 08:19:34 am »
Really?!?  That's awesome.  I'm very happy for you Rhonald!
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline shaun

« Reply #226 on: November 03, 2010, 10:56:43 am »
If that is true Rhonald congratz.  I know the two of you are excited.

Offline maxx

« Reply #227 on: November 03, 2010, 06:05:06 pm »
congradulations Rhonald.I know it has ben a long Waite.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #228 on: November 03, 2010, 07:28:46 pm »
Rhonald

Well done...many felicitations and congratulations.
But your success is no excuse for not posting here in the future...I need the grammar and composition lessons  ;D ;D ;D

David

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #229 on: November 03, 2010, 07:40:44 pm »
Congratulations Rhonald, you must be over the moon.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline shaun

« Reply #230 on: November 03, 2010, 08:06:20 pm »
If it were me I wouldn't be talking either.  To much celebration.  Also I would be trying to figure out how to get the house clean while I was still away with my bride.  ;D   I'm sure Ron had that done before he left.

Paul Todd

« Reply #231 on: November 03, 2010, 09:47:41 pm »
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!![/b][/size]

Offline Peter

« Reply #232 on: November 04, 2010, 01:16:37 pm »
Great news Rhonald  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2011, 02:57:38 am »
Hey Rhonald,

Haven't had an update from you in a while and it's nearly Feb.  Any word from the consulate?
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #234 on: January 18, 2011, 07:43:57 am »
I have posted a link to an immigration blog site I follow. The last 2 pages are the current ones. The main guys I am following up after is King125, BabyNSX, and ebrenchley.

King125 is who I follow most closely because I usually get my updates a month after him. His wife's redo medical was sent early October and still he has not heard back from the consulate. As he mentions on the blog site - his MP stated that his file has a bring forward date of Jan 15th, so he will probably hear something soon. So for me I figure maybe early February.

The other two persons also have interesting developments with their cases that has DRAMA pulling at their own heart strings.

To be honest, why I don't post to much lately, well if I think too much on my situation I just get angry.

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=265&PN=22&title=hong-kong 

Thanks for asking anyways - but shouldn't your focus be directed somewhere else? You have a trip to entertain us with.  8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:52:03 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2011, 10:37:20 am »
I have been following King125 and BabyNSX as well (I have that forum in my RSS feeds so when there is a post, I see it).  I really feel for you guys.  I just thought you might have some additional info (that and as I am away from my main computer, I haven't been able to follow for the last several days).

Wonder if we could push for some reform... I think out of all the countries that have been represented in our forum so far, we have the most red tape...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #236 on: January 24, 2011, 11:45:40 pm »
Well my wife received a letter from the Consulate today and she typed into QQ the following: "AS YOUR son's father's name appears on birth certificaate ,he may have some custody rithts to your son, plaeas provide a Civil a A dministration or peoples's court document that clearly indicates that you have full custody for son".

The notarized document she sent back in December had information stating that the court would not issue a document giving my wife full custody of the child since they never heard from the boy's father. My wife told me that she tried to find him in his old town but his business had moved so now she will put out a notice in the paper to try to contact him.

Her son will be 17 in July and he has told his mom to consider maybe going to Canada by herself for the marriage and when he turns 18 for her to apply to sponsor him.

So now it looks like I will be sending a request to the consulate to see what steps we need to take to change our application. I can see us needing to provide proof of someone taking care of the boy, but who knows what kind of bind we are getting into.

My wife was quite upset and she thinks that if she does not come soon that the marriage would be over. I tried to soothe her by saying that if we needed to wait until the boy turns 18 that I was not going to walkout of the marriage. Besides, I always have the website here to keep me entertained while I wait for her.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:23:31 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2011, 04:38:52 am »
Jeeze Rhonald, you really are being tested here, hard to know what to say but I AM in admiration of your strong spirit and determination to see this through. I think it bodes well for your future life together which will make this seem but the proverbial blink of an eye, though of course it doesn't feel like that now.
I for one will be celebrating when your lovely wife gets on the plane to Canada at last :)
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2011, 05:00:15 am »
Rhonald , sorry to hear of this latest hiccup , I assume that the letter sent to your wife was in English , she needs to find a very skilled interpreter who is good at greasing , either at the Peoples Court or Civil Administration and for her to go along with son and get the relevant authority to stamp a piece of paper , what if the father is dead or moved countries 12 years ago there would be possibly no record of him , good luck Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2011, 05:04:51 am »
Rhonald

Sadly, yet another curved ball for you to bash !!! Sincerely sorry for another delay, but I know you will cope and do whatever needs to be done.

We all are pitching for you...but all we can do is give you messages of support.

Keep smilin'....David