Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 50917 times)

David5o

RE: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2009, 08:08:34 am »
Rhonald,

This probably came about for exactly the reason Maxx  gave above. (don't do anything!!) When asked to do a background check, they found black holes where the data hadn't been filled in. So rather than an interview as such, it was a means for the police to fill those black holes in for there own benifit, and nothing to do any Visa background check.

I've personally heard of this happening to many Chinese citizens, when applying for this or that, It's there way of covering up there own deficiencies and getting there records up to date. Anyone that knows how the authorities keep track of the population, will know that everything is recorded, and i do mean everything!! It's just that sometimes these records are not kept up to date, because of lazy officials within the police depts.....

David.....
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 08:09:00 am by David5o »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2009, 11:37:26 pm »
OK...so I am a little stumped.  Does my wife get the medical check before I submit the application, or do i submit the application, and then CIC sends her some papers to go see a doctor?

Also, same question goes for criminal check.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2009, 11:50:41 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='24624' dateline='1259987846'

OK...so I am a little stumped.  Does my wife get the medical check before I submit the application, or do i submit the application, and then CIC sends her some papers to go see a doctor?

Also, same question goes for criminal check.

Martin it is a police report check, and yes both this and the medical needs to be done. Then she sends you the documents for you to file with the rest of your stuff. One of her forms has the document she needs to take to the doctor that does the check up. Guanzhou has an accredited doctor there for her. I will try finding you the link on this info. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3903e.pdf

The Document Checklist is a reference list that helps ensure that you attach all required documents to
your sponsorship application. Missing documentation will slow down the processing of your
application and could result in it not being processed or being refused.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3900E.pdf  from our guide page 23
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 12:18:03 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline heckerd

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2009, 03:56:13 am »
I only submitted the medical when I sent the application to Mississauga. You can submit the police records later as they will  ask for it when your application is almost done processing in Hong Kong or Beijing. Depending on which office is handling your case your police record might expire and will be required to get a new one before they finalize the visa.The police record must be from your wife's hukou location. If she works in another city she must make a trip home to get the police records.

When your wife get her medical examination the doctor will ask her which office to send the medical forms to. Tell her to choose Beijing because where your application to be process will be base on where the medical records are sent unless your wife is from Guangdong, Fujian and Hainan provinces then she got no choice but to go the through the Hong Kong office but which province your wife is from will be base on her hukou.

Beijing office process most of their cases in about 3-4 months. Hong Kong is about a year or more for most people unless she's lucky.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2009, 07:55:17 am »
I'm curious about something.  How is where the application is submitted determined?  Is it where she lives or where her "home city" is?  For example, say she lives in Beijing, but works in...Xiamen (Fujian).  When you submit the application, is that to Beijing or Hong Kong?

Wish they would just simplify this processing...

----

UPDATE: Just found it...they could make their FAQ pages more organized....but that said, it's where they live...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:54:56 am by mustfocus »
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline heckerd

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2009, 09:49:43 pm »
Basicly if her hukou is register under Guangdong, Fujian or Hainan provinces she got no choice but to go to Hong Kong. All others are Beijing but Hong Kong will process them also since they might be working in one of those provinces.

ttwjr32

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2009, 09:21:05 am »
the canada process seems even worse than the one for the USA
wow even more red tape

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2009, 11:00:37 pm »
In some ways it is...but I don't think we have to prove income, unless the wife is bringing a child along as well.

At least they don't make us fill out the application in French and English.

Offline Chong

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2010, 11:33:24 pm »
Information on getting a 'Police Certificate' is posted under the thread "Kaiping News", post # 30. Total cost for me was 1,699 RMB.

January 4, 2010 ... Sunny & her sister went to the doctor's office at the Zhu Jiang Hospital in Guangzhou while my sister [Shirley] and I checked into our hotel. It's one of many pre-approved Canadian doctor's office. When I called to say that I'll be on my way to the hospital, it wasn't necessary. Sunny was going to be done soon. We knew that we didn't have to make an appointment but we didn't know that it would be that quick. In a hour, Sunny had given a blood & an urine sample, had her blood pressure, chest x-ray and external body examination, eye examination and answered all revelant medical questions. Total cost was 1,450 RMB. She had to submit 6 head & shoulder photos. Now we have our 'Medical Report' that we have to submit with Appendix 'C'. :icon_cool:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:01:40 am by Chong »

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2010, 03:01:20 pm »
Chong: just Sunny had to do the medical right? not you as well?

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2010, 11:02:04 pm »
Quote from: 'RegnisTheGreat' pid='27511' dateline='1262808080'

Chong: just Sunny had to do the medical right? not you as well?

That is right, just the girl needs the medical done. But Chong does like it when the doctor tells him to - cough :sleepy:

ttwjr32

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2010, 12:55:23 pm »
sounds just like what u need for the usa visa also but 1450 rmb wow

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2010, 01:07:17 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='27739' dateline='1263059723'

sounds just like what u need for the usa visa also but 1450 rmb wow

Thats about how much my lady paid, and the medical is only valid for a year. With 80% of visas taking 14 months to be processed from the Hong Kong embassy, many applicants need to repay for a new medical. :huh:

ttwjr32

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2010, 09:46:50 pm »
sounds like both departments have it figured out
 how to squeeze that few extra out of you by having
 to get it done and pay again

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2010, 09:53:28 pm »
A couple things.  First off, if anyone is writing to a lady, I would recommend printing emails daily, or even weekly.  I just printed off 100 pages with multiple emails per page, and sized the text down.  Half of these letters were only replies from the Mrs to my letters...not my letters to her.  If I were to print my QQ conversations, I would be printing 1717 pages...and MSN would be 924 pages.  Print often, and file it away.

I use a calling card called Nengda Tong.  I picked it up in Markham at a store...surprisingly close to the dumpling restaurant that I like.  I don't know where all this card is available.  But I sent them an email today, and for a cost, they will print out a record of all calls made on any particular calling card.  $1.00 per card, and an additional $1 to mail the statements...free to email.  This is handy for documentation, and proof of relationship.