Author Topic: Connecting with brothers in China  (Read 26712 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Connecting with brothers in China
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:10:14 pm »
Hi all.  After reading a post by David5o, I thought it might be a good idea to make a post on the issue of getting together with fellow forum members while in China.

Quote from: 'David5o' pid='16275' dateline='1252686045'
I hope that others here remember, that if they make arrangements to meet up, or to make contact with a Brother over there, do it!! Or at the very least contact them or the Forum telling them they can't make it for one reason or another. At least they will know your OK then.....

David.....

Currently, one of our brothers is in China, and has not made any contact with the outside world.  While I am sure that everything is ok, there is some concern that there has been no communication with this member.  There had been plans to meet up with another brother while in China.

If you have made plans to meet with someone, or even to communicate with them, please get in touch with either them, or this forum if your plans have changed.  We all understand that you are there to see your lady, and that this is you main priority.  However, if plans are made, and you have vanished without a trace, this will cause concern and worry.

Please...if you have said you will contact someone when you are in China, please follow through, and at least try to fire off an email, or a PM, or even a short post on this forum to let us know you are alright.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:13:06 pm by Martin »

David5o

RE: Connecting with brothers in China
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:06:52 pm »
As i understand it, this is the second disappearance this week!!  No-ones forcing these brothers to keep in contact during there visits to China, but if you have made arrangements/plans with another brother to meet up over there, then that's exactly what they are expecting you to do. It's only fair that you let them, or the forum know, that you wont be able to make that planned meeting, and takes away the concern for your well being, from not letting anyone know!!

As Martin said, fire off an email or a PM, even if you have bad news.... At least let someone (a friend) know, that can confirm to others that your still in the land of the living......

David.....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:07:16 pm by David5o »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 05:13:55 am »
I have spoken with Ted  aka ttwjr32.  His story is that he had problems with his computer for 9 days.  Maybe he did maybe he had other things to occupy his mind!!!  Well they did marry 3 days ago.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

David5o

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 06:21:11 am »
Mike,

Internet cafe's

There everywhere mate, in all the Cities, Towns, and even Villages. You may well have walked past scores of them without even knowing they were there. Only the bigger and or Posher one's would have been prominent from the street.....

David....

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 08:47:02 am »
I am not taking it personally from Brian.  But I have stayed where he is staying and asked them if there was any trouble with there internet. They said no trouble.  I had given out my cell phone number but if he didnt take it with him and could not get on the internet well so much for that.  Dinger and David are correct.  No one can force a brother to contact us, it is just a good idea to just check in every few days so we know you are ok.  That is one of the reasons we call it a brotherhood.  To keep an eye out for each other. And there are internet cafe's all over the place and David is correct the smaller ones, you would not know unless you looked in on them.  The larger ones you can see from the street.  I have two near my home here and did not know about them until I peeked into the doors.  I absolutely feel better knowing you guys know where I am.   You guys know more about my trip here than even my family does.  If something happened to me you would be able to tell them where to start looking, close to home. LOL.
I am sure Brian is Ok, but I would feel better if he had just told us he was there and didnt get Shanghai'd in Shanghai.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 11:10:08 pm »
Maybe the room was put under the girls name? Did she make the arrangements?

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 11:53:18 pm »
Tomorrow is the first time I have used my name when booking a room!  But as me and a lady are meeting TED ttwjr32 and his new wife Sisi tomorrow in Zhongshan I thought it best if they could find the booking if he got to hotel before me.   We are going to be there for two nights.

As he has no computer access yet i may just tell you his full story - but there again I may lend him my computer so he can tell his story himself.  At least if he is doing that there will not be too much noise coming from his adjoining room.  Not that I am planning on a lot of sleep.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

brett

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 06:07:07 am »
Are there any brothers in Wuhan?

David5o

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 06:47:19 am »
Vince,

No, i'm pretty sure he said (Brian) that he made the bookings for the hotel. As i remember he had to book twice, to get two rooms, one for him and one for his lady and a translator she had arranged.....

David

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 07:12:31 am »
Brett, not that i am aware of.  Vince, David is correct.  that is what he said anyway.  it is like he dropped off the map.  He must have taken one look at her and forgot everything else.  At least I hope so.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 02:48:21 pm »
Hi there :)
In 3 or 4 days I should see Arnold and his wife in Shanghai. I have to send him again a PM to confirm the date to meet but it should be ok :)
Maybe could I then see some other Brother later in Gz, maybe not? I don't know but I'll check :)
- Let's Rock -

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 09:02:44 am »
I Have just returned to Zhuhai from Zhongshan where I had a great three days with Ted (aka ttwjnr32)and his new wife Sisi.  They travelled down from Guangzhou and I met them with the new lady in my life.

As usual I had a problem with ladies.  I was on my way back to the hotel and passed in the street.  I said Hello as usual and the nextthing I knew they had followed me into the hotel and wanted to give me a message.  To do this they followed me to the 13th floor and it wa sonly when i got to my room and they tried very hard to get inside that I realised that it was not a message they wanted to give me but a MASSAGE.

After some time I was having no success so had to knock on Teds door opposite. Got him out of bed and Sisi made short work of them, in seconds they were gone.

He has no internet at present but no doubt will fill you in at a later date.

Also Danny from Os and his daughter have arrived in Zhuhai Ok.  He is going to call me again on Tuesday and hopefully I will be meeting him as well.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

David5o

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 04:48:51 pm »
Willy,

Any photo's of these meetings with the other Bro's your meeting with ??

David....

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 07:56:17 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='17192' dateline='1253393331'

Willy,

Any photo's of these meetings with the other Bro's your meeting with ??

David....

Will be coming shortly. Ted is going to send them to me by email.  As usual I did not take camera.

I will buy a new card for my camera today for when I meet with Danny this week.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Vince G

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 12:43:07 am »
I have a photo of a Bro's Caddy? But I haven't met any Bro's from here yet.....
[attachment=684]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 12:43:55 am by Vince G »