All About China > Your trip to China

Connecting with brothers in China

(1/13) > >>

Martin:
Hi all.  After reading a post by David5o, I thought it might be a good idea to make a post on the issue of getting together with fellow forum members while in China.

--- Quote from: 'David5o' pid='16275' dateline='1252686045' ---I hope that others here remember, that if they make arrangements to meet up, or to make contact with a Brother over there, do it!! Or at the very least contact them or the Forum telling them they can't make it for one reason or another. At least they will know your OK then.....

David.....

--- End quote ---

Currently, one of our brothers is in China, and has not made any contact with the outside world.  While I am sure that everything is ok, there is some concern that there has been no communication with this member.  There had been plans to meet up with another brother while in China.

If you have made plans to meet with someone, or even to communicate with them, please get in touch with either them, or this forum if your plans have changed.  We all understand that you are there to see your lady, and that this is you main priority.  However, if plans are made, and you have vanished without a trace, this will cause concern and worry.

Please...if you have said you will contact someone when you are in China, please follow through, and at least try to fire off an email, or a PM, or even a short post on this forum to let us know you are alright.

David5o:
As i understand it, this is the second disappearance this week!!  No-ones forcing these brothers to keep in contact during there visits to China, but if you have made arrangements/plans with another brother to meet up over there, then that's exactly what they are expecting you to do. It's only fair that you let them, or the forum know, that you wont be able to make that planned meeting, and takes away the concern for your well being, from not letting anyone know!!

As Martin said, fire off an email or a PM, even if you have bad news.... At least let someone (a friend) know, that can confirm to others that your still in the land of the living......

David.....

Willy The Londoner:
I have spoken with Ted  aka ttwjr32.  His story is that he had problems with his computer for 9 days.  Maybe he did maybe he had other things to occupy his mind!!!  Well they did marry 3 days ago.

Willy

David5o:
Mike,

Internet cafe's

There everywhere mate, in all the Cities, Towns, and even Villages. You may well have walked past scores of them without even knowing they were there. Only the bigger and or Posher one's would have been prominent from the street.....

David....

JimB:
I am not taking it personally from Brian.  But I have stayed where he is staying and asked them if there was any trouble with there internet. They said no trouble.  I had given out my cell phone number but if he didnt take it with him and could not get on the internet well so much for that.  Dinger and David are correct.  No one can force a brother to contact us, it is just a good idea to just check in every few days so we know you are ok.  That is one of the reasons we call it a brotherhood.  To keep an eye out for each other. And there are internet cafe's all over the place and David is correct the smaller ones, you would not know unless you looked in on them.  The larger ones you can see from the street.  I have two near my home here and did not know about them until I peeked into the doors.  I absolutely feel better knowing you guys know where I am.   You guys know more about my trip here than even my family does.  If something happened to me you would be able to tell them where to start looking, close to home. LOL.
I am sure Brian is Ok, but I would feel better if he had just told us he was there and didnt get Shanghai'd in Shanghai.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version