Author Topic: How long before talking about meeting?  (Read 6994 times)

brett

RE: How long before talking about meeting?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 03:45:29 am »
Good luck voice. My first meeting is October, I'm not sure how it will go as she drives me crazy sometimes :@, other times she is an :angel:.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009, 05:43:29 am »
Thanks for your wishes guys!

It's quite early to be deciding to meet up, we exchanged less than 10 EMFs so far but I somehow have a hunch, I actually lost interest in all other women that I was corresponing with after a couple of exchanges with her, she's intrigued as well, although in a more reserved Chinese way. I initially thought I would get 3 or 4 conversations going and maybe meet 2 or 3 women in China during my next trip, but I guess that's not a solution for me. I figured out that if I can rank woment in an order according to my initial preference, than I might as well not meet anyone who's not number one on my list. So you shouldn't wish me luck but discerned love ^_^, I just hope I can concentrate in her presence, her smile knocks me off my socks :icon_cheesygrin:

Brett, if I were you, I would write down all the things that annoy you about her and keep that somewhere safe. Then before making any decision, have a look at those things again and put them into the perspective of married life after a few years. If I had done that, I would not have gotten married the first time, all the small annoyances which I thought love could handle turned out to be major no-no's later. Good luck to you!
Go deep or don't go

brett

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2009, 06:52:15 am »
Voice - losing interest in the other women is a big clue that there is something there. It happened to me. I told my lady I stopped talking to other ladies and she cried!

I too am taking a gigantic risk and only going to see one lady, but writing to several was tricky, and I spend a lot of time on MSN with my lady, so talking to others at the same time would be a full time job in itself.

Mostly the annoying things are about trying to arrange important things through MSN. But also I have a hunch that the younger girls are more career orientated than their mothers ever were, and so aren't quite so good at domestic chores (e.g. cooking, arranging stuff for men).

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2009, 07:03:15 am »
Yes quite possible about the career drive in younger ones, although it really depends on their background as well.

Mine didn't cry by the way, it would be way too early anyway, and if she had that kind of reaction after such a short time, I think I would run for my life :angel: I will never again build a relationship on passion. I actually really enjoy how cautious and reflected she is in progressing our relationship, we'll help each other to make the right decisions. I don't know yet if there is anything there, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

If things don't work out with your lady you can always party crash profiles on Chnlove for "emergency meetings" :icon_cheesygrin: at least it will keep you busy while over in China :icon_cheesygrin:
Go deep or don't go

brett

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009, 07:13:20 am »
I'm not too worried if it doesn't work out with my lady. I usually go on vacation in October anyway. I'm not sure if I would see other ladies this time, as my lady's agency is in another province, and I would rather spend time looking for the exact right person.

We are great friends, but I'm not sure about anything more until we meet in person. I certainly think about her a lot. She is strikingly beautiful, and her photos needed no airbrushing at all. She is under a lot of pressure to get married, so I want it to be for the right reasons, not just parental pressure. It is sad that she hasn't met a nice man yet. I suspect it's because she looked very gangly and geeky in her early 20s, but in her late 20's she blossomed into a megababe office lady :s.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 07:24:59 am »
hmmm careful ^_^ Megababe ? :icon_cool:
Go deep or don't go

brett

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009, 07:44:10 am »
When I post her photo, you will know what I am talking about :icon_cool:.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009, 09:27:13 am »
Don't be shy ^_^
Go deep or don't go

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2009, 09:57:45 am »
Quote from: 'voice'
Brett, if I were you, I would write down all the things that annoy you about her and keep that somewhere safe. Then before making any decision, have a look at those things again and put them into the perspective of married life after a few years. If I had done that, I would not have gotten married the first time, all the small annoyances which I thought love could handle turned out to be major no-no's later. Good luck to you!

Heheh.  I think someone mentioned something similar to me when I was in China.  I tried.  I really tried to find something annoying.  Worst I could come up with was morning breath.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 10:33:11 am »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='17301' dateline='1253455065'

Worst I could come up with was morning breath.

Just breathe through your mouth ... I'm sure you smell of roses too when you wake up :angel:
Go deep or don't go

brett

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 10:45:39 am »
Well I could write the things down, but to be honest it's only the Internet (flaky MSN and Skype, terrible automated translations) that's letting things down. I have had nightmares with organising the travel plans, but then she lives a bit off the beaten track and it would be much easier if she lived in Shanghai or Beijing. Also her agency is 1000 miles from her home town which is a bit of a nuisance, although they are a great agency. My lady also works insanely long hours in her job, if I worked 50+ hours a week I'd be hallucinating!

If all goes well on the trip I'll post some pictures. My fellow brothers will then know why I love her so much :blush:.

:fi_lone_ranger:

David5o

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2009, 11:38:31 am »
Brett,

When working on overseas contracts , which i've been doing most of my working life, the normal standard weekly working hours is 50 hrs a week. You just get used to it!! I wouldn't say it's that insanely long hours...

David....

brett

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2009, 11:54:28 am »
50 hours is long for us Europeans. I have a 36 hour week in work, and that is long enough. I also get 28 days vacation a year.

My lady appears to work 8-6pm 6 days a week. And to get time off for vacations she has to work Sundays :s.

David5o

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 12:08:40 pm »
Brett,

As i say, you just get used to it. 36 hrs a week is around 4 hours less than what they class as the average working week, so think yourself lucky!! ...haha!!

Working hours around the world are all different from one country to the next, that includes working conditions and benefits. The higher standard of living countries will obviously have the better salaries, working hours and conditions, than those of emerging economies. The 50 hour a week is about average in China, but some will work more and some less. same goes for her working benefits too... So really everyone's lady here is in relatively the same position as you are, with your lady...

David....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 12:09:01 pm by David5o »

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2009, 06:10:42 pm »
Hmmm ... I worked in a couple of startups as Sales Director, I think I usually had 36 hours done at lunchtime on Wednesdays, but the pay was aligned with the work load. 50 hours seems pretty easy going really, even in larger companies I usually did more than that. Now I run my own company, I get up at 8:00am and am at my desk at 8:15 with a cup of coffee. I susually finish the day around 2:00am when I go to bed, it's midnight now and I am doing some accounting :s But I don't complain, business is good and I like what I do which is the key I guess.
Go deep or don't go