Author Topic: How to marry your Chinese lady if live outside of the US?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline yoshiii

• Trust no one Mr. Moulder
How to marry your Chinese lady if live outside of the US?
« on: September 18, 2009, 02:19:18 am »
Hello

I live and work in Japan. I work for the US government on a military base(I am not in the military) and I will be in Japan at least for another 3 years.

I am wondering how can I marry my Chinese lady once I find the right one while living here?  I cannot do the Fiance Visa as far as I know because I live in Japan. I do not have the time to go and stay in China for long periods of time to get married there.
Does any one have any information about what can I do? I wonder if she can come to Japan but than I do not know Japanese laws for foreigners marrying foreigners let alone Chinese in Japan.

If anyone knows any information about this, please let me know.

Thanks
Help

David5o

RE: How to marry your Chinese lady if live outside of the US?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 05:04:38 am »
I would imagine you can marry anywhere in the world you want to, but it's best to check with your embassy as to what that means, in relation to bringing your wife back to the states or country of origin. I would imagine, that if you work via the embassy, and register your marriage with them, there must be some means of bringing your wife back to your own country, ...eventually!! . I think your biggest problem is, ...you living in the states and your wife living in China. (not so for Mike or Yoshiii) One thing is sure, no matter where you are married (recognised country), your marriage licence will be classified as a valid document by your country....

Alas, Immigration laws, are not the most logical of institutions, so they will generally find some spanner or stick to throw into the works. Check on your embassy websites, and or contact an immigration lawyer, as to what the ground rules are. Yoshiii will be in a good position to ask the military legal services for advice on this matter.

Here in the EEC, we have a more lenient approach, but even we have problems at times with bringing spouses back to our countries. I've recently been a great believer in thinking outside the box, looking at things from different angles, and if it comes to it, being outright deceitful, where officialdom is concerned. It used to pay to be honest, it sure don't anymore, you just leave yourself wide open to get shafted by these faceless bureaucrats.

As a footnote, ALL that marry in China, to ladies coming up to retiement or who have retired, you Kiss that State pension away, ....Crazy, but true!!

David....
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:32:49 am by David5o »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: How to marry your Chinese lady if live outside of the US?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:27:10 am »
Yoshiii, here is a web sit that may help you alot,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=guides

give it a try , its free.
Good luck and best wishes

Zhou & Mike
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS