Author Topic: Anniversary  (Read 1260 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Anniversary
« on: September 19, 2009, 09:15:54 am »
My wife and i are already arguing (albeit kiddingly) about our anniversary.  I say it is the day we got our names in the Red Book, she says it is the day of our wedding dinner.  Which day do you, the married guys, celebrate? The legal day or the celebratory day.
She says we will celebrate it whichever day I want, I just want it to be the correct day.  In the states it is not an issue.  But here things are different.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 09:30:14 am »
JimB, we will celebrate our anniversary on the reception day, you know the day with all the eating, drinking and the dancing, the one where an uncle ( family black sheep ) asks you for some money for some kind of buisness hahaha.
Jim, good luck with this, I am finding out that yes, they will follow your lead but you better lead in the direction they want to go or you'll know about it :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:25:00 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 10:07:39 am »
Is this not just another way of getting two presents...LOL:icon_biggrin::angel:

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 10:17:27 am »
We celebrate are anniversary on the day that we had the party.

shaun

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 12:00:17 am »
Jim,

You got her, you love her, she loves you and she is yours and if a another day over the other makes her happy, so be it.  Save yourself for better arguments like the toilet lid.  Up or down? Early in my first marriage, not that I had more than one, yet, we argued over it all the time.  Then about 3:00am one morning she went to the bathroom, didn't turn on the light but sat down.  I was woke up by this horrific scream as she sat and went further than she intended.  She cried, I realized it was my fault and I never left it up again in 27 years.  She is gone and I still don't do it.  The toilet lid was tongue in cheek but my refusal to work with her was an argument that didn't need to happen.  I wound up upsetting her for no good reason.

This goes back to my negotiable and non-negotiable rules of life.  It doesn't change me or who I am, it does satisfy her so be it.  Negotible!  Let me throw one other kink in.  Biblically your wedding date was the first night you guys did what we all desire to do with that one special person we love.  To me there are some battles not worth fighting about and again for me this would be one of those.

This concept changed my life in that I learned to become more flexible. She still thought I was a jerk so I guess in her eyes I was a flexible jerk. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

I would let her do what she wants and move on.  You got the ultimate prize anyway.

(Jim, I wrote this last night and re-read it this morning. I don't know what got in me last night but I guess I was way past being tired. I was out from 9am to about 10pm in that Georgia dog day heat and well... you know..... I hope you read it again if you did because the first writing was really kind of rude.)

Shaun
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:14:30 am by shaun »

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 09:03:45 am »
The day of the party it is.  I was mainly joking with her about her forgetting the correct day.  But along with everything else, I will do it her way.  Thanks guys.  I needed it straightened out.
And Rob, Yes I thought about that too. lol
Shaun do not worry about it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:04:48 am by JimB »
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.