Author Topic: Moving to China  (Read 7863 times)

shaun

RE: Moving to China
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 09:42:15 am »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='18633' dateline='1254387319'

Quote from: 'Buzz' pid='18625' dateline='1254361108'

Quote from: 'David E' pid='18616' dateline='1254353822'

Fate

So, guys...here is the question.......

If a little old Lady approached you and said :

"For $20 I will let you look into my crystal ball and you will see yourself in 10 years time...it is guaranteed that what you see will be true"

Would you pay the $20 and have a look....or would you not ????

Leave it with you:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

DavidE

David, not a chance.  If I had done that 10 years ago I would have seen my family today without my son who died 4 years ago.  How would one live their life knowing that your son was going to die within the next 10 years.  
Sorry, I like lifes dance, but don't want to know all the steps in advance.

buzz

I'm with Buzz.  I'd just as soon wait and see.

Shaun

Buzz,

I should have said also that even though it has been a few years I am sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I can't even imagine what you went through and are more than likely still dealing with.

God's blessings on you my friend.

Shaun

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 10:20:34 am »
I will say yes, i would like to know.  I think I can deal with whatever lays in store for me.  After the last 58, I can face anything.  Even if it is blank.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 06:25:45 am »
Alright Brian , one more Cupid arrow that hit it's target .Haha
Good luck on your move to China , I think it will be a good move for sure . As you will be with the one you Love and work will come in second .
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:26:05 am by Arnold »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 04:41:50 pm »
You will do well in China Brian

You seem to have the right character for it to be a success for you and Zhen.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 12:52:28 am »
Greetings Brothers,

Thanks to all for the kind words and advice, we surely do appreciate them all. At this point I am not sure who is more excited me or Zhen but we are both looking forward to this in a big way.

I have sent out some resumes and will continue to do so until I leave, then pick up again when I am in country.  Luckily I can afford to wait for a while before work kicks in so if it takes longer I am ok with it.  Zhen however might get tired of me hanging around but oh well she wanted me there she must put up with it hehe, just kidding!!

I guess I can always go to the nearest agency and give the translators some english tips and maybe even practice my teaching with them hehe.

Anyway as always we do appreciate the words,

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

Paul Todd

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 01:44:42 am »
Not long now Brian ! :icon_cheesygrin:

Talking of helping out at the agency, Ming Zhi and I were invited out to the park the other day by her old English teacher for a picnic. She brought along 3 other ladies who were also learning English and writing to guys from the US and Australia, so I was sort of ambushed into a day long lesson ! They will always appreciate the help you can give them, and it makes for a fun day out. They asked me to teach them stuff they could use in everyday life, so I got them all to repeat after me...." Yes Dear"...."Would you like me to get you a beer ,dear"...." That's no problem my dear"......"Of course that's fine with me dear". They all took it very seriously until the English teacher explained what I was doing, and then dissolved into laughter.
 A first for me that day was being passed a bag of donkey meat to try! err yes, tastes about as good as you could imagine.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 04:24:27 am »
Donkey meat - I may or may not have tried it!

I have always approached food here with the philosophy that I will eat anything provided I do not know what it is before I start on it!!!    

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 05:06:44 am »
I had horse meat in Tianjin before and it just tasted like ham to be honest, was disappointed as it was quite expensive by Chinese standards.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Vince G

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 09:09:30 am »
Not to get off topic? But here they had a few guys killing horses (peoples pets). they kept saying the price for pound was $40.00? This is more per pound then the best cow meat? I wasn't sure if it's some figure they made up? But being it is so expensive in China? Maybe?

shaun

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 08:28:50 pm »

Offline kenny

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 08:38:52 pm »
Good one Shaun i needed a laugh

Almost forgot about that show... Wait a minute i am not old enough to remember that show am I?

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 10:21:21 pm »
I had horse meat in Cuba.  I also heard it is popular in Europe...not sure if this is true or not.  I don't think I had it in China.  But then, i ate a lot of things that I really didn't know what I was eating.  The wild mouse wasn't bad.

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 10:36:38 pm »
Can someone help please?  I am thinking about tasking some silver to china to store in an approved depository for future use.  Does anyone know how much I can pass through customs with (junk silver coins) and not get grief?  Or just as important leave Amerika with?

Thanks
Skip

Paul Todd

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 11:48:35 pm »
Hi Skip,

According to the regulations, if gold, silver and the products made from them are less than 50g (2 ounces), they are duty-free and do not need to be declared. If the weight exceeds the limitation, you should declare it. Also Check  www.86148.com/englishlaw/shownews.asp?id=447  You may find a way around this, but it will take a bit of doing!
Best of luck
Paul

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 11:50:52 pm »
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='19555' dateline='1255153482'

A first for me that day was being passed a bag of donkey meat to try! err yes, tastes about as good as you could imagine.

What part of the animal did the meat come from?....or would you rather not have me asssssk that question?  :sleepy:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 11:52:11 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances