Author Topic: sending letters to China.  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
RE: sending letters to China.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 07:24:10 pm »
...as irresistible as chocolate

Vince G

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 12:16:30 am »
Yes Andy I sent flowers through the Chnlove gifts. Here's the story about it. I sent a birthday card to her home it arrived in time. Her BD is a few days before Valentines day. But she was moving that weekend. So I had chnlove send the flowers to the agency and had the translator make sure she got them. It all went well. I don't have the new address? I haven't asked for it. But I didn't use credits for it before, I asked. I let the translator know what was going on and got the address with no problem.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 01:40:03 am »
Yes Andy , I have used the chn route before these 2 forums were alive and had no problems , now for anything special or surprises I also use Chinaroses including fruit baskets .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 04:22:24 pm »
Cheers again guys for the comments, i will try to send the card n hope it gets there, but i may use Chnlove to send her a bracelet, with the exchange rate it's only about 20 quid, so if it does not arrive it's not really gonna break the bank right? I guess i know if she really got it if i get a picture of her wearing it, or i see it on her wrist when, or if i visit. (like i say it is early days still, but she seems like my type of girl)

Andy.
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline David S

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 05:43:38 pm »
Quote from: 'wilsbrough' pid='19859' dateline='1255381678'

Well, according to Chnlove, if you request the address through them, they do not tell the lady, unless you are a US citizen...? Dunno why that makes a difference.

It is because that there is a law in the US that requires the international bride agencies to do it.  If they want to be able to conduct business with american citizens.  The root of the law has to do with preventing ladies from being approached by sexual predators.  We also have to fill out a from and answer questions about our criminal history, or lack thereof.

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 02:21:47 am »
Greetings Brothers,

Andy,

I have sent a parcel to China from Canada and did as suggested here with the english and Chinese address and it arrived within a day of when Canada Post said it would intact and no issues.  Also I sent Zhen some flowers through Chnlove for The Valentines in August just past and she received them also no issues.

Yes Chnlove is a money making business but tehy still try their best to get teh deliveries done on time and to teh right person,.  It is after all only good business to do so.  As for teh mail make sure you use a strong type of box with way to much tape on it and the address in english and chinese very clearly visible on teh front and you should not have an issue.

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

Offline ron

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 03:12:56 am »
Hello  I have reeived my ladies address now can somebody help me out with how to address it ? I have it in english and chinese I am not sure how to put it down.Thanks for any help on this.I also get to talk with her on web cam monday evening first time.I cant wait lol.
             Ron

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 05:20:54 am »
an example

Miss Wang Ke Ren
5A Xin Jiang Road
Qingdao
Shandong Province
PRC

David5o

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 05:58:30 am »
Ron,

If you have the Chinese version, use that by printing it out and attach (stick/tape) to what ever your sending... It'll probably get there that much quicker....

David....

Vince G

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 08:37:28 am »
I'll use Robs as an example. I print the envelope from the computer but you can also make a label and stick it onto? At worst print it and tape it onto an envelope. Just as this is.

Wang Ke Ren
5A Xin Jiang Road
Qingdao, 266033
Shandong, PRC

???
?5A????
???266033
???????????

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 05:59:11 pm »
Yep.  That's what I did too Vince.  I regrettably forgot to add her phone number, which would be a big help if there are any doubts about the translation.  Don't forget that if you can help it...
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline David

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 07:24:52 pm »
You want her address written in English and in Mandarin characters.  I went through this already.  The two cards I sent in English or Pinyin never arrived.  When I had her write her address for me in an email using English and Mandarin characters all my cards now arrive and it takes about two weeks using air mail.  I just saved her address and print and cut it out and tape to the envelope as needed.:icon_cheesygrin:

Big Dave

brett

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 06:33:06 am »
Guys, if you get Avery address labels you can get a Word macro to print you a whole page of address labels. God, it would take me an hour to write my lady's Chinese address by hand.