Author Topic: sticky like candy  (Read 10434 times)

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
RE: sticky like candy
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 05:46:22 pm »
Bro, if you don't know, buy Imodium at the airport...!! Or before, as you can't get it in China....! As i found out, to my rather uncomfortable experience..! Having the world fall out of you a*se over the communal porcelain squatter is not a forgettable experience..! :icon_cheesygrin:

Have a good one, and good luck.

Andy...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 06:03:26 pm by wilsbrough »
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 10:22:20 pm »
Quote from: 'wilsbrough' pid='20810' dateline='1256247982'

Bro, if you don't know, buy Imodium at the airport...!! Or before, as you can't get it in China....! As i found out, to my rather uncomfortable experience..! Having the world fall out of you a*se over the communal porcelain squatter is not a forgettable experience..! :icon_cheesygrin:

Have a good one, and good luck.

Andy...

Actually, you can get shots (I think that's what Twinrx is) for that so you don't have to worry about bugs.  But depending on where you go, that diarrhea isn't necessarily a bug.  I find that a lot of times, it is from dehydration.  The water there is different (drink only bottled water), but if you have diarrhea, first thing I would do, go buy a sports drink (or 3).  Trust me on this.  If that doesn't work, then go for the imodium...

In-Jaul
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

shaun

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 10:51:37 pm »
one word.  yogurt!!!!  I haven't been but it has worked everywhere else I tried it.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 09:46:30 pm »
What is it with these agencies.  They have an agreement with the ladies that a certain sum will be paid upon completion of marriage.

I know the translators get a big bonus if they can persuade her to pay up in advance for a marriage that may well never happen.  

A translator recently asked me if I could afford to pay 40000rmb which the lady is contracted to pay upon marriage.  I told her YES I could pay and NO I will not pay.  I told her that her contract was with the lady and not me.  

We are now following the same process as Phillip.  But Guys do not be tempted to hand any money to the agency in advance.  The translator will put forward many reasons why you should.  Forget them - neither the agency nor the translator can stop you marrying the lady if she really loves you.

Ok if I marry I will pay for her as contracts to the Lady are important but on my terms and at my pace.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Philip

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 09:15:45 am »
Hi guys,
quick update.
Met by my lady's 22 year old cousin at Guangzhou airport yesterday evening. Took taxi to Zhongshan. Cost about 500 yuan. Brother insisted on paying. Went to hotel. Had meal with cousin. Slept soundly. In morning met lady and brother's family for breakfast. Gave lady a hug hello. Took every opportunity to hold her hand throughout the day, until it was she who took my hand. Booked a trip to Nan Yue for the next few days. Taking the bus and train. Visited Sun Yat-Sen's house with lady and brother's family. Lovely people. Had a meal at a revolving restaurant at the top of my hotel. It was a good day.
Will write more when I find an Internet cafe

Offline Ed W

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 12:51:24 pm »
Although my wife told me her family paid 10k to sign up and 50k when we married, that's all she'll discuss with me. To her, it's just not my place to worry about how the money was paid. I'm just supposed to accept it and move on. I've since given up any concern with it whatsoever but don't be surprised if this happens to someone else.

Is the rotating resturant supposed to aid in digestion? Maybe this is part of the TCM....
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

David5o

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 01:12:12 pm »
Ed,

Jeez, ....that's an awful lot of money to pay an agency in China!! The one's that I've heard about were around the 30k mark, and i thought that was taking the pee out of these ladies!!!  

I have heard of several men, negotiating the price down, when the agency knew that the lady would not be able to afford the contract price. Well, everyone should know by now, ...in China everything is negotiable, nothing there is set in stone when it comes to money......

David....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 01:12:56 pm by David5o »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 01:20:10 pm »
Heheh.  That's the hotel I stayed at.  The Fuhua hotel.  

[attachment=900] Nice view from the hotel.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 01:21:20 pm »
In the end, I wonder how many people have actually paid the marriage fee...It is a small price to pay for happiness, but I seriously wonder would happen.

Also, do any of these agencies have a timeframe for marriage which might void the fees (or even just to leave the agency).

It makes you think...

In-Jaul
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline maxx

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 02:14:20 pm »
Mustfocus you can avoid the agency fees.Just cut the agency out of the picture after the first visit.Some believe here that if you do not pay the fees.That it promotes more dishonesty from the agency.Because they lost out on the revenue.That the lady was creating for them.Then to compensate for the lost revenue the agencies will create fake profiles.fake letters.to recover the money they lost out on.

But it also must be noted.That some of these meeting fees and the marriage fees are outrages.Some of these fees have ben  deal breakers In the past.Where the man gets mad and dumps his lady.Because he is feeling like he is being scammed.And he probably is.Not by the woman but the agency.

David 50 also makes a good point.This is China.Just about everything having to do with money.Can be negotiated.And in my own opinion the meeting fees the marriage fees with the agency should be negotiated.In person.Under no circumstances should your lady be used as a translater.A go between.Or a moderator.When you are dealing with the agency.

Ive never heard of a time limit with the agencies.If the agency doesn't deliver a husband with in a year.They usually give the lady a free year or the women tells the agency just to close her account.But she can't close the account until all fees have ben payed.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 02:59:45 pm »
Phiilip, I hope this is the trip of your lifetime and you and she make all of your dreams come true.  When it works, it is the greatest thing.  Everything sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 03:13:50 pm »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='21005' dateline='1256494460'

Mustfocus you can avoid the agency fees.Just cut the agency out of the picture after the first visit.Some believe here that if you do not pay the fees.That it promotes more dishonesty from the agency.Because they lost out on the revenue.That the lady was creating for them.Then to compensate for the lost revenue the agencies will create fake profiles.fake letters.to recover the money they lost out on.

But it also must be noted.That some of these meeting fees and the marriage fees are outrages.Some of these fees have ben  deal breakers In the past.Where the man gets mad and dumps his lady.Because he is feeling like he is being scammed.And he probably is.Not by the woman but the agency.

David 50 also makes a good point.This is China.Just about everything having to do with money.Can be negotiated.And in my own opinion the meeting fees the marriage fees with the agency should be negotiated.In person.Under no circumstances should your lady be used as a translater.A go between.Or a moderator.When you are dealing with the agency.

Ive never heard of a time limit with the agencies.If the agency doesn't deliver a husband with in a year.They usually give the lady a free year or the women tells the agency just to close her account.But she can't close the account until all fees have ben payed.

There's the catch.  One thing I really don't like about a lot of companies is how they measure performance.  I don't remember who listed some of the information (I forget whether it was Chinese Knot or someone else who was a former translator), but the EMF quotas they (as translators for agencies) have to meet I think actually undermines their ability to make the big bucks.  Let's assume that the marriage fee should be paid and let's set it at... 10,000RMB (as an example).  Wouldn't the agency make more money when they successfully get someone married (quickly) versus dragging along someone with EMFs where they earn a measly 6 or 7RMB at a time?

Also, having high marriage (and meeting) fees would only annoy if not anger the gents who do go to meet someone and find out about them.  I'm not sure what other match making agencies charge (here or there), but if I were to find out that there is a $10,000CDN marriage fee to marry someone here, I'd stop using the service and alert others to it as well.  Not a good PR plan in my eyes.

And fake profiles...that's just asking for a whole world of trouble.  If I were to discover that, I'd complain to the agency.  If the agency doesn't offer some sort of relief, then CHNLOVE.  And if that doesn't work, I would start working on the review sites.  One person might not make that much of a difference, but if I were to read 100 reviews saying that my web site is a fraud, I would get concerned.

But then again, I'm not a successful businessman, so what do I know?

In-Jaul

BTW, perhaps we should start a thread for agencies that we do trust...just to keep this positive...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline maxx

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 06:18:32 pm »
Mustfocus your right it is not a good business plan.If your doing it on a local level.It is a helluva business plan if you are doing it internationally.Since I joined chnlove way back when.I have seen members from all over the world.The only big country that I haven't seen a member from is Russia.And some of the third world countries.But everybody else is here.

America, France, United kingdom,Sweden,Scotland,Ireland,Spain,portugal,Germany,Canada,Singapore.Australia New Zealand,Japan And  one or two members from other countries.Granted the Majority of the members are from America,And Canada. And the U.K.But this is still a huge pool of men to draw from.

When you really come down to it CHnlove doesn't care.Why does Chnlove not care.They are only interested in the numbers.How much money.They can squeeze out of the men who use there service.If the truth really was known Chnlove is a little company in side of big conglomerate of other companies.So you can see how much.These little agencies have a effect on the whole picture.Or how much effect we have on them.

Even if Chnlove is loosing money.There is good reasons to keep the company open.Tax writeoff.Is the biggest reason.If the head honchos decide to close down Chnlove.Because a lose of revenue it is nothing to them.They would probably have to lay off maybe 20 people at the corporate offices.Or just transfer them to other companies.

Each one of the Agencies is independently owned and operated.The only thing Chnlove is is a figure head.Somebody at corporate.Over 10 years ago decided hey we can make some money if we bring all these agencies together under one roof.Give them some international exposure.Sway the government not to shut them down.

I can't remember the name of the company.But It is posted on here somewhere.I posted the name and address of the parent company in Hong Kong.When Willy wanted it for something.(If your that interested in the name of the company Let me know I can look it up again.)

As far as somebody starting a web page that rates the internet dating companies.I know of 2 right off the top of my head.Pfishy and dragon ladies.They have about as much effect on Chnlove.As somebody peeing on a forest fire.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 06:20:36 pm by maxx »

David5o

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 06:53:24 pm »
In-Jaul,

Your right in what you point out in respect of marriage fee's to EMF fee's, .... it doesn't make sense does it!! ...I have never got to the bottom of why Chinese businesses will lose contracts for the sake of misery amounts of savings in there proposals either, but that's exactly what they do..... (And were talking here about contracts worth hundreds of thousands to millions!!!)

Generally, they will have no trouble collecting the ladies join-up fee and meeting fee's, but i doubt very much if anyone that's sane, pays the full contract marriage fee. As pointed out, they are in the main outrageous, so they will often be negotiated way down. The agencies tend to believe that western men looking for Chinese wife's are in the main ''wealthy''!! So will ask for these outrageous marriage fee's knowing full well, that the ladies will never be able to meet such fee's, but get the lady to sign these contracts telling them ''don't worry the man will pay this fee for you''..... Don't forget also, there are plenty of Joe's out there, that actually pay the full amounts too !!!

The other thing you have to remember too, is that the EMF fee's only come from chnlove, and chnlove is by no-means there main source of income. They are affiliated with all sorts of other website companies and oversea agencies.... as well as there home market!! So chnlove income serves mainly as a cash flow situation, and they will do there uppermost to maintain and increase that easy cash flow into the business..... If and when they see the relationship getting very serious, they will quickly revert to doing everything they can to safeguard the end line marriage fee....

Fake profiles indeed will cause them a great deal of trouble, but you'll be surprised how often, they do this, without anyone realising they've ever been scammed.... It's only when they slip up do they get found out, and that's not too often either.... Which is why it's always best to get on to other means of communication, such as webcam and the like, as soon as possible, ...as at least a supplementary form of communication.

That's very briefly my insight to how these agencies work. There's obviously a lot more to it than this, but that would turn into a book rather than a posting!!  hahaha!!!

David....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:19:21 am by David5o »

Offline Philip

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 02:22:22 am »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='20999' dateline='1256491210'

Heheh.  That's the hotel I stayed at.  The Fuhua hotel.  

Nice view from the hotel.

Yes , Neil, that is the hotel I stayed at for the first two days.

Sorry, I haven't updated you on my wonderful adventures. I could say that the reason is that none of the hotels had computers, or that my lady did not want to let go of my hand, but the truth is more that I did not want to let go of HER hand. I am back in England now, and if it is OK, I will write about each day at a time.

One more fact about my first day with my lady. I had presents for my lady's brother's family. I got on with the two daughters like a house on fire, well I teach young children anyway, and they are amazing children. I gave the eldest daughter a piano book of English nursery rhymes and songs. When I gave my lady five presents, the girl started to cry, because she had only 1. I think I earned some brownie points from everyone, when I explained to her how much I loved her aunt and how this was the reason why I gave some more presents.

Talking like you're deaf, loving like you're blind, that sums up the next day

On day 2 with my lady, she arrived on her own at my hotel, at 7 am, wearing the dress I had bought for her (lucky guess - the size was perfect). Beautiful - pictures to follow. We took a two-hour bus ride from Zhongshan to Guangzhou. Five minutes in, she rested her head on my shoulder, and from that moment and throughout our bus journey, and 6 hour train ride to Hengyan, she rested and slept in my arms and on my shoulders. It was like 8 hours of slow foreplay. We had fun watching the sales people on the trains, selling dinosaur toys, toothbrushes, do-it-yourself suction cups and food. My lady bought some grapes and lychees and insisted on feeding them to me like I was some Roman emperor. We hardly said a single word to each other all day.
We booked into a hotel in Henyang, two beds. My lady wrote on my Besta translator asking what the sleeping arrangements would be. I replied, two people, one bed. She said she was very scared. She turned all the lights out. She slept on one bed, I slept on the other. Then, later, she got into my bed. CENSORED!
More updates and photos later.