Author Topic: Your introduction on Chnlove...  (Read 3107 times)

Scottish_Rob

Your introduction on Chnlove...
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:15:16 am »
Hello you lucky bunch of people.:angel:

This morning I awoke and discovered I had another admiration letter (6 so far)... :icon_cheesygrin:  In this latest one the person says that she likes my introduction within my profile.  So this got me too thinking, what about the other guy's What did they say in their profiles?:dodgy:  NOW, being the nosey person THAT I know everyone KNOWS I am, I thought I would see if any of you would put your profiles on here to show 'The Brothers' who I am also sure would be interested in knowing...:blush:

To start it off, here is mine...Good reading...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Hello my name is Rob, I am coming to Qingdao in November mostly for a holiday but I'm trying to get a job and settle there. If any ladies are interested in meeting me while I'm there, then please get in touch. No time wasters please...

I am a very ordinary man who is short in stature, (143cms) however, I have an enormous heart and like to think that I am romantic. I have been hurt in the past with ladies who say they are fine with my height. However I MUST insist that anyone who contacts me, has to know in their heart that my height will not be a problem for them or their FAMILY

I was married for 25 years so I think I know what ladies are looking for. I have 4 children all over 20 and out of the house they live their own lives now. And I feel that the time is right for me to look for my new woman in my life.

I like watching films, painting, reading, and visiting galleries. I have a BA/BSc combined honours degree in Sociology and History.

I am looking for a nice lady who would want to be in my company for the rest of their lives and mine. She does not have to be Beautiful just as long as she has a good heart
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:16:09 am by Scottish_Rob »

Vince G

RE: Your introduction on Chnlove...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 08:21:10 am »
I too had to go back and find what I had on there? It's part of a form statement I have for personals. (that I no longer use).

Sense of witty humor, responsible, articulate, bright, adventurous, keep things simple, passionate and affectionate.

My match should be: Attractive, nice figure, petite, adventurous, lively, with a sense of humor. A friend, playful, sexy, passionate and affectionate. Wants a shared relationship. Communicate honestly. Able to talk about anything.

Like I said, I kept it simple

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:42:12 am »
Haha , great .... now don't laugh . This is what I have now and showed it to my wife .

Personal Description

I am a German " BEE " and i am here to look for my FLOWER . Somebody told me , I could find Her in Shanghai , so I will fly there and see .
My ideal FLOWER must be beautiful and 5' 9" ( 175 cm ) tall, and if I could choose a Name for my FLOWER , it would have to be CHER CHU !!
So if anybody , seen or heared from that FLOWER , please give me a reply as soon as possible !

Buzz Buzz and thank you , *** ARNOLD ***

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:32:22 am »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='20308' dateline='1255706822'

Hey Rob,

Try sending out a couple of cupid notes! I find this the best way to go...be the chooser not the choosey!:icon_cheesygrin: With your profile you should be receiving 15 to 20 admirer notes a day! My profile was like two sentences and I would receive a couple a day...LOL! oh yeah...maybe it was my avatar/pic that they liked the best! I look very mature with my glasses!!!

I once had a Scottish boss...a very short older lady and she carried a very big stick!!! She was a great lady butt if you got in her way...look out!!!!!  hahaha

Already done mate with a couple of replies...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline dumbo

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 05:26:30 pm »
Here it is. I laughed reading it again.

I don't know what to say here. I am looking for a loyal honest girl who wants to spend rest of our lives together.Outside beauty goes away with time, inside beauty stays with you. I am interested in someone who will be there in good days and bad days as we raise a family. If material things are important for you, I am not the right guy. I value happiness, raising a family, being committed more important than having wealth.

Offline ron

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 05:51:28 pm »
Heres mine lol
Thank you for taking time to view my profile.Some of the things I enjoy are horse back riding cooking outside on my barbque grill in the spring and summer .In the fall I like watching the leaves change color on the trees.In the winter its nice to sit by a fireplace and see the fresh snow on the trees and landscape.I enjoy the seasons and what they bring.I am here because of traditional and home values.in my country they have changed in so many ways.I was taught a mans word is his bond and women should be treated with respect.I live by the saying do unto others as you would have done unto yourself.Anyone that knows me feels that they can depend on me bad or good.

I have 2 children a boy and a girl.My daughter is grown and has her family now.My son is 17 he still lives with me.I also have 3 grandchildren that come to visit me and I am active in their lives as well.

The kind of woman i am looking for to share my life with is
someone who will be my best friend and we can share our lives together our ideas and our thoughts become as one. I look forward  to hearing from that special person .Thank you and have a wonderful

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 01:53:57 am »
Greetings Brothers,

So Rob you  are interested in what we use for our profile eh?  Well just remember you asked for it hehe.

I am an honest loving dependable romantic kind of guy, who is looking for a lasting, fulfilling happy relationship full of affection laughter and love.

I enjoy horseback riding, cycling, long romantic walks, and spending time with my lady.  I like watching movies at home snuggled up on the couch with the woman in my life, playing online computer games, music, and also dogs.

My idea of a perfect mate is a woman who is at peace with herself and her world, is pretty both inside and out, a romantic lady who loves to be touched and held and kissed for absolutely no reason other than that I felt like it.  Someone who is educated and has smarts to go with her beauty, who can cook (western dishes preferably since I am a terrible cook), and is employed.  

I do not want to have children as I already have two girls from previous marriage, but if she already has children that is fine with me.  I am interested in finding a woman who is a one man woman, loves to laugh, be affectionate, is tolerant and is willing to love me for who I am.

Physically I prefer  slim ladies with proportionate body type, long dark hair( although short hair is fine too),and a beautiful smile.  While I am not religious, I will not stand in the way of your religion.

I do not abuse my lady, cheat on her or treat her harshly, rather I prefer to give her love and affection and passion. I like to hold hands when we go out, I open doors for her, carry the packages and treat her with respect.

In essence I am looking for a woman beautiful in body soul and mind who will love me until I die and wants to be loved in return forever. Someone to laugh with love with cry with and share my live with until the end of time. Some one who can be proud to say that I am her man and she is my lady.

In closing let me say that I hope to find this most perfect lady soon and I hope she feels the same.

My fondest wishes to you all for you are all beautiful.
Regards,

So there it is the entire profile for you viewing amusment.

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 02:37:28 am »
Brian , now why would I be amused to that ? I have seen it all ( the other side .. the Lady's ) and all you Guy's info . don't shock or surprise me one bid . It's just how we feel insde that we want to project to a certain Lady out there somewhere .

Offline Danny

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 08:41:58 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='20285' dateline='1255684516'

This morning I awoke and discovered I had another admiration letter (6 so far)... :icon_cheesygrin:  In this latest one the person says that she likes my introduction within my profile.  So this got me too thinking, what about the other guy's What did they say in their profiles?:dodgy:  NOW, being the nosey person THAT I know everyone KNOWS I am, I thought I would see if any of you would put your profiles on here to show 'The Brothers' who I am also sure would be interested in knowing...:blush:

To start it off, here is mine...Good reading...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Hello my name is Rob, I am coming to Qingdao in November mostly for a holiday but I'm trying to get a job and settle there. If any ladies are interested in meeting me while I'm there, then please get in touch. No time wasters please...

I am a very ordinary man who is short in stature, (143cms) however, I have an enormous heart and like to think that I am romantic. I have been hurt in the past with ladies who say they are fine with my height. However I MUST insist that anyone who contacts me, has to know in their heart that my height will not be a problem for them or their FAMILY

I was married for 25 years so I think I know what ladies are looking for. I have 4 children all over 20 and out of the house they live their own lives now. And I feel that the time is right for me to look for my new woman in my life.

I like watching films, painting, reading, and visiting galleries. I have a BA/BSc combined honours degree in Sociology and History.

I am looking for a nice lady who would want to be in my company for the rest of their lives and mine. She does not have to be Beautiful just as long as she has a good heart

Rob

I am not trying to interfere, but I would suggest that you delete the following:

No time wasters please...

I have been hurt in the past with ladies who say they are fine with my height. However I MUST insist that anyone who contacts me, has to know in their heart that my height will not be a problem for them or their FAMILY

In some ways this sound a little defensive and aggro to me.

I think raising all the issues from the previous relationship suggests you're coming with a whole lot of baggage and that you're not over this yet.

I think it is best to keep it positive and upbeat, and just keep the stuff from the previous relationship to yourself.

Danny

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 11:55:33 am »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='20402' dateline='1255783318'

Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='20285' dateline='1255684516'

Rob

I am not trying to interfere, but I would suggest that you delete the following:

No time wasters please...

I have been hurt in the past with ladies who say they are fine with my height. However I MUST insist that anyone who contacts me, has to know in their heart that my height will not be a problem for them or their FAMILY

In some ways this sound a little defensive and aggro to me.

I think raising all the issues from the previous relationship suggests you're coming with a whole lot of baggage and that you're not over this yet.

I think it is best to keep it positive and upbeat, and just keep the stuff from the previous relationship to yourself.

Danny

Ok mate thank you

I was wondering why I have had only 8 admirers...lol

Offline Danny

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 05:24:48 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='20423' dateline='1255794933'

Ok mate thank you

Change your profile, and you will have nine *laughs*

shaun

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 08:13:18 am »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='20438' dateline='1255814688'

Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='20423' dateline='1255794933'

Ok mate thank you

Change your profile, and you will have nine *laughs*

One question Danny.  I see where some women on chnlove and a lot on other sites talk about not wasting their time.  What is the difference between them saying it and us saying it?

Shaun

rockycoon

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 06:10:03 pm »
Hey Rob,  I'm not good with metrics like you guys in europe.  How tall is 143cms in feet and inch's ?

Offline Danny

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 06:24:09 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='20491' dateline='1255867998'

One question Danny.  I see where some women on chnlove and a lot on other sites talk about not wasting their time.  What is the difference between them saying it and us saying it?

Shaun

Shaun

There is no difference at all, when a women says it, or a man says it.

I am no expert on any of this. So it's just about the impression it makes on me. I imagine I'm not really the demographic that Rob is after, but I thought I would throw my two cents in.

At the beginning of a relationship, you want to keep things upbeat and positive. Talking about negatives makes the impression that you're still angry about stuff that's happened in the past. Talking about positives makes the impression that you're hopeful and looking forward to the future.

All things being equal, one should avoid women and men who come with a lot of baggage, who are still angry about how they have been treated in the past.

Shaun, why stop at excluding "time wasters", why not write down all the other "types" you don't want to correspond with, how about "no gold diggers" or "no psychotics" or "whatever".

The problem with negative types, is that no-one identifies themselves as a negative type. There has never been a man or a woman who has said to themselves that "I am a time waster and so I should not even think about writing to Rob".

If you want to avoid a particular type you need to reframe the type, so it refers to something that is positive. If you wish to avoid time wasters you could, for example, write in your profile about the fact that you hope to be married sooner rather than later. People who just want to mess around indefinitely (and who hasn't felt this way, from time to time?) will avoid profiles like this, because they will not want to come to a decision any time soon.  

Danny
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:30:29 pm by Danny »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 07:01:52 pm »
One of the problems about getting very definitive in our profiles is that despite what you put in it, you will still be a target for all the Translators out there who want to make quota...and they will give it a go just to get some EMF's flowing....our usual problem !!

However...you know how the song goes :

"You gotta AAAAAAcentuate the positive, EEEEEEliminate the negative, latch on to the AAAAAfirmative...dont mess with Mr Inbetween " :):)

But of course, our profiles will also make us a potential target for some LOVELY Ladies out there...so profiles should be appealing and not off-putting. But if you truly want to put something in your profile that you feel is critical for a future relationship....as Rob has done, based on previous experience, then you should be true to yourself (and her) to make it known.

DavidE