Author Topic: More like a China con than China love!  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Londoner

More like a China con than China love!
« on: November 09, 2009, 05:01:06 pm »
I thought I share this with the brotherhood.

Well, just about a week ago I was in Shenzhen and decided to check out one of the local agencies. I contacted Chnlove and asked addresses of Shenzhen agencies.

They wrote back with the addresses of two agencies, adding that these were the only two agencies they were working with in Shenzhen. Shortly afterwards I found at least one more agency posting profiles on their website!

Anyway, I decided to visit agency P508 and took a short list of possible matching profiles with me to their office. I was met at the agency dood by one of the senior translators and taken into a small back office where I was introduced to the boss,; an interesting fast talking lady.

After asking me a few personal questions, I gave her my list of profiles and asked her to see if I could meet one of the girls. By the way, all the girls I selected from their website said they could speak fair/good English and were living in Shenzhen.

She quickly went through the list and eliminated the girls one by one saying that they were either not able to communicate in English or were not living in Shenzhen. This obviously contradicted what was stated on their profiles. Anyway, she suggested that I meet a girl who was a friend of hers who could speak good English and she had known for a long time. At this point, I was beginning to get suspicious about her honesty and intentions. I asked her how come that I didn’t find this girl on the Chnlove website when I was going though their profiles. She said, her profile is hidden because she is too busy with work........ I didn't believe this, but thought to myself, well, what have i got to lose and therefore agreed to the meeting.

For some strange reason, she wanted to hold on to my note with the list of profiles and scribbled the girl's phone number on a piece of paper and asked me to contact her in the evening as she would have finished work then. So i left the agency somewhat disappointed.

I called the girl when I got back to my hotel and we agreed to meet the next day at a Starbucks near where she worked, which was about 5 minute taxi ride from the hotel.

Well, the girl turned out to be sweet and intelligent but no where near what i was looking for in terms of physical attractiveness. After chatting for about an hour and half over hot chocolate I walked to the metro and said good bye to her. I think it was also clear to her that was our last meeting.

Anyway, I used the feedback option on the agency's profile and rated them based on my experience but guess what there no record of my feedback on their profile. I wrote to Chnlove and expressed my disappointment that their agency rating system is nothing more than a false PR bullshit. They wrote back as usual saying that delay in loading up my feedback was due to some technical error and the mistake has now been rectified. I have just checked the agency website, they don't appear to have had anything but overwhelming positive feedback from gentlemen customers, what a joke.

If Chnlove is not even honest about something as simple as this feedback system, which after all was their idea for monitoring cowboy agencies, how could we trust them to give us honest service for our money? I just about had enough of Chnlove

Torano
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:21:07 pm by Londoner »

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
RE: More like a China con than China love!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 05:12:44 pm »
This is another reason why i gave up with them, too untrustworthy. I mean we are the guy's paying for all this right? (i know the ladies pay stack loads to their chosen agencies) But if it was not for guy's like us wanting these relationships, there would not be the umbrella corporation we all know as Chnlove right? My suggestion is to all guys here, good luck with your current Chnlove relationship, and i genuinely hope it works out for you. But IF it does fail, i suggest we all try different sites afterwards, Then the lack of revenue Chnlove will be getting from our emf's, Gifts we send through their site, will be the only way i believe that will clean up Chnlove's act.

Andy...
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

shaun

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 06:00:38 pm »
Quote from: 'wilsbrough' pid='22467' dateline='1257804764'

This is another reason why i gave up with them, too untrustworthy. I mean we are the guy's paying for all this right? (i know the ladies pay stack loads to their chosen agencies) But if it was not for guy's like us wanting these relationships, there would not be the umbrella corporation we all know as Chnlove right? My suggestion is to all guys here, good luck with your current Chnlove relationship, and i genuinely hope it works out for you. But IF it does fail, i suggest we all try different sites afterwards, Then the lack of revenue Chnlove will be getting from our emf's, Gifts we send through their site, will be the only way i believe that will clean up Chnlove's act.

Andy...

When I made my decision to end the relationship with Pinky I decided to rate the last 2 EMF's. That was a week ago today. I gave a poor rating on both. A week later and they still have not been posted.  Hmmm... Why? Seems to me that chnlove does not want to tell the truth to the people who are paying them.

Shaun

Offline David S

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 06:55:00 pm »
So here is my basic thought.  Why not do it ourselves?  Based on what I've read and experienced, chnlove.com is mediocre at best.  Since we all know the pitfalls and interests in such a resource I am sure we could do a much better job.

First we'd have to find a brother who is living in China married to a Chinese national in order to legitimately register the business there. (unless I'm mistaken but I think that is required, that a citizen of China register the business.)

The business model would be simple.  Agencies in China who have ladies looking for western husbands would affiliate with our site.  We would then oversee the quality assurance and have the agencies held strictly to an agreement of quality business practices.  If they didn't do this they would loose their affiliation as well as any business we would bring their way.

Things we'd want to oversee are:
1) Quality and accuracy of translation of letters.

2) Check that the ladies were bona fide clients who were looking for Western love.

3)  Before sending an admirer note to a man the lady would have to approve of the agencies selection.

4) We would oversee and conduct classes for the ladies to learn English, or other languages so that they could more clearly communicate with their suitors.  Also on the ladies profile a more detailed method of measuring her language skills as opposed to what is now used.

5) the agencies would have QQ or other video chat services available to the ladies.  The ladies would not pay any extra for it, but there would be a small fee for us guys to cover the cost of maintaining the computers and connections needed.  If a translator is needed for cam sessions a small fee would be asked for so as to pay the translator for their services.  Of course direct communication would be always available to the couples on their own.

The agencies would not interfere with a couple who wanted to move on to direct communication. I'm not sure, but there is some sound reasoning in the idea of a  standard fee for completion of a contract.  If something like this were to be in effect, then it should be made known up front.  I would want everyone to know about it and not feel they are being taken up the river.

On our web site we would have search criteria that would allow us to search not only for ladies who fit the descriptions we have, but also not show ladies who had qualifications that are contrary to her interests.  Lets say for example I a 48 year old man would accept an age range of 30 - 50, but in that age range there is a girl who would not want a man older then 45.  She would not show up in the "match" search.

I think it would be important to be sure that great care was taken on both ends to be sure that the men and women using this service would have a genuine interest in finding a life mate.

I think that two payment methods should be available.  One with an a-la-cart type system like chnlove has now.  A second option that would be a monthly one price, unlimited e-mails option.  The second option would be at a slightly lower price then if someone were to use the a-la-cart system to purchase enough credits to send 30 e-mails a month.  This would be most beneficial to those who found someone they wanted to get to know and were in the stage of preparing to make a trip to visit the lady.  

The other thought, is that for those of use on this site (chnlove.info) that are still looking for that special lady that they would be able to appreciate a very substantial discount if not free service in this new venture. (if in fact such a venture were to come into being.)

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 07:30:56 pm »
It's already ben done.There is a member here with his own marraige agency.Wilson is his name you can find the link posted here.We do need a member of this forum to check it out and then right a review.Wilson has assured us that they have done everything possible to create a legitmate honest site.

Wilson site is listed under the thread  a new plan for love
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:36:29 pm by maxx »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 07:36:54 pm »
David, something along these lines were discussed a few months ago, before we moved here.  It was on the Facebook forum I think it was.

It sounded plausible then as it does now.  But as far as I can remember there were a few pitfalls.  I cannot remember what exactly they were, but there was some mentioned.