Author Topic: Chinese Salaries  (Read 13232 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Chinese Salaries
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2010, 11:47:28 pm »
No of course I'm not gonna do that. But just a silly thought.

I had that same silly thought in April 2009 and two months later fulfilled it and never regretted it once.  The past 17 months have just slipped by so quickly.  To quickly for me.

But then you really have to be prepared to accept the way things are here and not try to live here like a foreigner on holiday.  Forget the Western Food.

Forget missing your home town, your friends and everything else you just have to settle to a new life here. 

I get stared at - of course and I love it.  In the UK I could walk past people in the street with a hatchet stuck in my chest and no one would notice me.  Here I feel like a celebrity, everywhere I go people see and stare. 

I have a good income but my wife still wants to work for 1200 rmb a month.  It is just natural here.   I save a good deal every month.

Another friend started a business whilst employed by a company.  She earns 3500 a month from her day job and will not give it up because in 15 years she will get a pension of the same amount!!!!  BUT her business has grown and she now has 8 shops, all with managers and her net profit last year was 400,000 rmb after tax but still she goes to work every day and does the shop business in her two hour lunch and after 6pm at night. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Paul Todd

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2010, 08:12:43 am »
Ted,"I was once told that Chinese people don't lie. It is bred into them because of their poor status and poor country that for the most part many will lie, cheat and steal for the almighty RMB."
The majority of the Chinese people I have met and the many I now count as friends are not like this at all and would be very offended at the idea of being called thieves or liars. I find them on the whole much more trustworthy than western people.  One or two have been less than honest but that is a very very small minority when compared to the friendship and hospitality that the majority have shown to me here over the past year or so. I find the county neither "poor "or of "low status" but rich and vibrant. Just my observations...............

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2010, 04:18:10 am »
I agree with Paul.  Just walk around and see what is left outside shops all day.  It that was in the UK and no doubt the USA the items would not last 5 minutes.

And what they did not want they would kick down the street just for a laugh.

That does not happen in the main in China.  They have more respect for people and property than any other nationality I have ever come across. And I have been to nearly 50 countries in my lifetime.

Maybe Ted has had a different personal experience during his time in China. 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2010, 10:43:45 am »
I agree with Paul.  Just walk around and see what is left outside shops all day.  It that was in the UK and no doubt the USA the items would not last 5 minutes.

And what they did not want they would kick down the street just for a laugh.

That does not happen in the main in China.  They have more respect for people and property than any other nationality I have ever come across. And I have been to nearly 50 countries in my lifetime.

Maybe Ted has had a different personal experience during his time in China. 

Willy
I don't know Willie seeing all those vending machines just sitting along side the road in the middle of nowhere and not be vandalized in Japan was pretty impressive.
Real similar to China just a lot cleaner.
And one of the things I have noticed in both countries. People do some jobs the western people would be insulted to take. And they are very proud to have them.
Where the westerner would rather be on welfare.
If you could take the best parts of each culture and put them together. Man what a great world it could be.
Jimmy Henson