Author Topic: The Hunt for Red October....Shoes  (Read 12904 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
RE: The Hunt for Red October....Shoes
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009, 12:21:46 am »
Lights....Camera....Action:

October 20th morning and I dawn my red outfit. Game day and I ask if I can forgo the little beanie hat. I rather leave the Hat tricks for that English Striker Paul. ( as consulation Paul - I have uploaded a picture of the hat that came with my outfit - all it is missing is a propeller)
I still do not have any wedding photos from the photographer except a couple the he emailed me that I showed on here. All the pictures from the wedding day I have so far is just me in front of the Hotel before I depart on my mad quest.

I was told that my Chariot would arrive to collect me at 10:00 am. Once downstairs in the lobby with my best man Guang Han, we meet up with the Camera man and photographer. Outside were 3 cars and the drivers. I was given a boquet of flowers and given instructions for my opening scene. I was quite apprehensive of my health so I inquired if a stunt double would be provided for the dangerous scenes - maybe Jackie Chan. This released some of the serious expressions I saw on my director as he realised in turn that I was not nervous at all. Hopefully once I recieve the edited movie from my wedding day, I can post here for all to see the fun full day I had - and also - lots of beautifull Chinese Girls.

After a slow walk out the doors to the cars, we drove of to Yan's apartment. I sorted my ammo with Guang Han for the upcoming battle: A bandolier of 8 red envelopes containg 10's and 2 of 100 rmbs to get past the sentries of my girl's palace doors. An other slow gracefull walk into the apartment to the 3rd floor and I was confronted with the first portal denying me access. The door was open but the grate door closed. The girl there asked who I was and for whom I came calling. After my reply she asked for some token. The first red evelope was fired. She checked the denomination, opened the grate door and procceded to slam the main door. Through the closed door I was asked for more gifts. For this door I had to slide another evelope under the door. With another 10 spent, they claimed they wanted more. A third ten was handed over and we could hear them complaing that 10's were not enough. Suddenly my game plan needed changing. I was going to need more bigger calibers then just 2 red envelopes of 100 rmbs. We quickly pulled out some tens and replaced with hundreds. The next evelope was slipped under and the 100 note was the magic that greased open the front door. Into the main room and I was confronted by 3 vixens. They lead me to the bedroom door that was, of course magicaly sealed. I was asked again who I was here to see and who did I love. I also needed to slip another 100 under the door. I thought this last portal would open but I was told some magic would be needed. ..Maybe a Magic tune. "Wo Ai Ne, Wo Ai Ne Chin Ai da, Wo Ai Ne Ziyan" - Or was it open sesame seeds:huh: - anyways my magical lyrics opened the last portal and I was confronted by a vision of loveliness decked in red upon her bed.

Since I sang out of tune I will end for today....But please....Stay tuned for part 2 of the wedding day and the Hunt for Red October Shoes.

I wonder if I can get a rebate from this Master Hotel - that would be a MASTER reBATE :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:55:19 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2009, 12:34:26 am »
You should have worn the beanie!  Will you wear it next time we go for wings in Calgary?

Offline maxx

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 12:36:18 am »
Looking realy sharp there Rhonald.I did the red envelopes to and then the singing.I didn't have to where the kung fui outfit though.congradulations and best wishes

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 12:38:26 am »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='21378' dateline='1256877266'

You should have worn the beanie!  Will you wear it next time we go for wings in Calgary?

Your on :fi_lone_ranger: and I will end the night with its beanie slice.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:40:10 am by Rhonald »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 12:38:41 am »
Now that sounds like a standard chinese wedding ceremony. :)  At least all they were asking for was money.  I have heard of some of the trials that the younger ones (uh-oh...I'm one of those) facing like drinking nasty tasting liquids or piggyback rides around the block... and those are the harmless ones. :)  At least you're enjoying this one.  Good for you!  Keep up with the stories.

In-Jaul
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Arnold

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 02:47:12 am »
Rhonald , as the Master leaves the Master Hotel ... the Journey begin's to find the one that this Flower Bouquet belongs too ?

Love the step by step ... explaination of your Wedding Story and to think there is MORE to come .

Shaun , my Man ... where is the Popcorn you promised ?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:38:50 am by Arnold »

Paul Todd

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 03:04:05 am »
Ming Zhi says ????????????????:heart:

Yes looking sharp there Rhonald, but I thing my reputation for the silliest hat is still intact! :icon_biggrin:

Offline Andy

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 04:30:16 am »
I love to read your post. Thanks for sharing with us.

shaun

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 04:43:14 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='21384' dateline='1256885232'

Rhonald , as the Master leaves the Master Hotel ... the Journey being's to find the one that this Flower Bouquet belongs too ?

Love the step by step ... explaination of your Wedding Story and to think there is MORE to come .

Shaun , my Man ... where is the Popcorn you promised ?

Silly me.  I should have posted it.  It is at www.mypopcorn.com/Rhonald

Shaun
Great post, Ron.  And the suspense is driving them wild. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 04:47:42 am by shaun »

Vince G

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 10:36:30 am »
I'm waiting to read the rest of the story. I have a question about one of the photos. The one where your woman is peeking out the door. I wondered why she was doing this? Then I realized, the peepholes on the doors are to high up for her (and maybe much of the population?) is this so?

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 02:48:37 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='21415' dateline='1256913390'

I'm waiting to read the rest of the story. I have a question about one of the photos. The one where your woman is peeking out the door. I wondered why she was doing this? Then I realized, the peepholes on the doors are to high up for her (and maybe much of the population?) is this so?

She is 5'6" so tall enough for the peep hole. Now what happened is that I went out into the hallway to take the pictures of the pool. With the door closed I knocked on it for her to open the door. I tried to take the picture by surprise as she opened the door for me. My timing was off as I took it to soon.

Thanks also to the rest of the guys for your compliments. I realised I made a slight mistake about the telling of the final red envelope. I was tired last night so my next post will correct my omission.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:58:46 pm by Rhonald »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 08:03:29 pm »
The Game is Afoot:

I had forgotten to mention that after my song and another 100 rmb red evelope, that the gate keeper was still not impressed. I had a special envelope to give to Yan's son (as the head male of the family). But instead, I used this special hand gernade thick envelope to finally pass the last door. The evelope consisted of 9 100s, 9 10s, and 9 1s = 999. Apperently I am told this amount sounds like everlasting in Mandarin and was a lucky number. Since I had to part with this special evelope I decided to make my door nemesis work for it. She squealed with delight when she saw the thickness of the red evelope that was slid under the door. But as she tried to take it from her side, I pressed down on the end on myside. After some wiggiling to pry it loose, I released the treasure to her inorder to gain entrance to my own treasure.

She moved forward to the end of the bed and before standing, she showed her bare feet. :blush: With all the evelope exchanges, I had become shell shocked and had forgotten that a new challenge was awaiting me. Also at this time I was told not one, but two pairs of shoes were hidden for me to find. I started briefly searching in her bedroom, even starting to check a handbag hanging from the door hook, but thought the shoes would be scattered further afield. Into the living room I proceeded and my trusty assistant Guang Han aided my noble quest. He seemed to have better instincts as he found one slipper in the washing machine. After a few minutes he found a heeled shoe by the piano. We carried on searching in the kitchen and the other bedroom but no other shoes were found:huh: Guang Han told me that we might need to bribe Yan's guardians with some evelopes to get some clues. A 100 rmb red evelope allowed me to find a red heeled shoe in a big closet in the son's bedroom, and my last 100 rmb evelope led me back to the handbag hanging from Yan's bedroom door were the last red slipper was found. Darn....so close. Guang Han 2 ; Groom 1 (1/2 point score per shoe because of clues). Guang Han won this game...but at least I get the prize :icon_cheesygrin:

Never instructed, but remembering another member's post about kissing the shoes, I proceeded to kiss each slipper and my wife's foot before as-cinderella style-slipping on the classy slipper. At last my lady was adorned and we were ready to head to the ceremony. I had one last feat of strength to perform as I craddled my princesses into my arms and carried her out the door into her new life as my dear Chinese wife.

[I will end this posting and hint at an unplanned incident leading up to the wedding reception with the next installment....The Rings of Despair!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:57:27 pm by Rhonald »

rockycoon

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 09:38:42 pm »
Excellent pictures, nice beanie hat, but after looking at the first pictures of the food, I am wondering if you would mind pointing out the names of the food on the table, they look wonderful and I'm starved.

rcsingle1

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 11:21:30 pm »
Glad to see that your having a lot of fun Rhonald!!
My lady said that she is planning some surprises for me for our wedding. Perhaps these are some things I have to look forward to lol.
RC

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 12:28:02 am »
I am really enjoying your story.  You are a good story teller.