Author Topic: The Hunt for Red October....Shoes  (Read 12902 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
RE: The Hunt for Red October....Shoes
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2009, 01:03:58 pm »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='21439' dateline='1256953122'

Excellent pictures, nice beanie hat, but after looking at the first pictures of the food, I am wondering if you would mind pointing out the names of the food on the table, they look wonderful and I'm starved.

Sure I can oblige... they are called Chinese food :icon_biggrin:

Sorry I was never good at remembering names of the food. I remember having a couple plates of different chicken, some beef and vegetables. Shrimp balls, egg plant(love that) and for this meal... no dumplings :s  I heard that they are stocking up on dumplings in anticipation of Martin's arrival.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:09:28 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Chong

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2009, 03:21:46 pm »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='21514' dateline='1257008638'

Sure I can oblige... they are called Chinese food :icon_biggrin:

Sorry I was never good at remembering names of the food. I remember having a couple plates of different chicken, some beef and vegetables. Shrimp balls, egg plant(love that) and for this meal... no dumplings :s  I heard that they are stocking up on dumplings in anticipation of Martin's arrival.

Rhonald ... Did you order the No. 2 for 4 ... no MSG & free fortune cookie ???  :icon_cool:

I'm enjoying reading your trip even if you're teasing us with chapters.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:23:02 pm by Chong »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2009, 05:25:24 pm »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='21439' dateline='1256953122'

Excellent pictures, nice beanie hat, but after looking at the first pictures of the food, I am wondering if you would mind pointing out the names of the food on the table, they look wonderful and I'm starved.

I could recognise some of those things...the dish with the overwhelming melon/squash like things looks like a chayote stir-fry of some sort.  There was also some sort of (most likely roasted) rooster.  Couldn't make out the rest clearly.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:29:12 pm by mustfocus »
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 06:30:26 pm »
The Rings of Despair:

With my wife craddled in my arms I would like to say I carried her down the 3 flights of stairs, but having no flights of fantasy, we took the elevator down and I had her standing whilst alone in the elevator. Once the door opened I again lifted her in my arms and carried her out the building - oops she is on line - I will post this so far and ammended later.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 07:22:49 pm »
WOW...talk about keeping everyone in suspense.

Arnold

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 08:34:18 pm »
Now I had enough ! Rhonald , if you are not posting from now on a regular bases ... you'll be wearing that Pipa as a Hat .:@:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2009, 08:52:00 pm »
Down boys - now down boys, or you will end up as rover did in the picture I posted in the section You know your in China when...

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2009, 09:34:40 pm »
Greeting Brothers,

Fantastic story Rhonald, very witty and yet detailed as well.  Love the red outfit.  Hope the rest of the story is as great as the beginning.

I also hope Zhen doesnt read this and get ideas for our wedding, find the shoes might not be bad but if she comes up with other stuff from her wicked little mind I could be in serious trouble.

Glad you are having a great time and I sure am happy I didnt have the trip from hell that you had this time.  I went from Vancouver to Beijing so a lot less cross border grief.

Have fun and keep the updates and pics coming.

Zhen and Brian

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2009, 10:33:10 pm »
[/i]
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='21621' dateline='1257118226'

The Rings of Despair:

With my wife craddled in my arms I would like to say I carried her down the 3 flights of stairs, but having no flights of fantasy, we took the elevator down and I had her standing whilst alone in the elevator. Once the door opened I again lifted her in my arms and carried her out the building - oops she is on line - I will post this so far and ammended later.

Okay back from my commercial break: Oh and Yan says hello to all the gents here :heart:

By the time I carried her out the building, my arms were faitiguing so I placed her down with the premise of her using her new class slippers to walk to the horse powered Carriage. We headed to the reception hall directly in a drawn out, round about route that made the 15 minute commute last 1 hour. I dawned on a new realization that since the horn is used so often in China, contrasted to our North American tradition for weddings, they do not toot the horns for celebration of marriage. During the trip the one car carring Cecil B Demille kept creeping in front and drifting behind as the camera man filimed us in our car waving to his cue. This is how the Queen must feel when out and about being viewed by the Commoners - Yes....Indeed.  Say..What?

During the prolong Car trip Yan asked, " The Rings you have?'      .........................................................................................................................long period of silence.............................................! :huh:
FLASH BACK to day before, just before leaving for the Hotel for my one night of being a Bachelor.

Ron you have the Rings?
  Yes Yan the pair are here in my carry on bag in the jewerly box
 .. as I open my travel bag showing the small jewerly box containg my wedding ring and her's - One Ring to wed me, One Ring to find me,
One Ring to bring me all and in the lightness bind me
In the Land of Cathay where my new life lie.
( my token acknowledgement to J.R.R.)

I was feeling very relaxed on my wedding day. To relaxed...thus I was not being frantic about the day's proceedings. So inturn I was not so worried that I forgot to double check my readiness for today's events. I told her that the rings were still in the hotel room in my travelling bag. We were to head for an informal luncheon at 1:00pm for all the wedding planners, Car drivers, Photographer, and camera man before the main ceremony at 5:00pm. The council of elders decided that Gandalf...oops Guan Han could go back to the Hotel and gather the rings while Yan and I hoisted the luncheon.

At the luncheon I was introduced to a long time friend of Yan's. Her friend (I forgot her name) and Yan had never met in person but had a friendship from QQ. Her friend was on vacation with an American that the two had just meet online a month before. Kevin was his name and he came over for a week to meet her. It seems that, even though not through Chnlove, I had a fellow bretheren attracted by the siren call of the Orient. They were in town just to meet us and be at the luncheon before catching a plane to Guilin. We told them that we planned on travelling to Guilin a day later. He was curious about China and we spent part of the afternoon exchanging stories. From being total strangers, I felt quit honored that he gave us a Red Evelope as a wedding gift :angel:

At 3:00 pm Guan Han phoned from the Hotel :s "Okay I have your bag, where in the bag is the rings?

Now my travel bag is regular carry on size. The rings were in a small box. It should have been easily found in the bag. But he could not find them. I had switched rooms from a double bed room to a new Kingsize bed room for our wedding night. I was sure that I never left anything in the 1st hotel room. It must be in my travel bag but Guan Han said he could not find it. I franticaly thought back all of yesterday and this morning. Since that time before leaving Yan's apartment when I double checked for the ring box, I never recalled seeing, or feeling the box in my travel bag. I tried to remember if either her or I went back into my bag before leaving the apartment. My gut instinct said that it was in her apartment at 301B.

The new plan was for us to split up the fellowship with Guan Han and I to travel back to Moria...oops 301B and search for the rings. By the time he got back to the reception hall from the hotel, it was 3:15pm. He actually brought back my travel bag with him for me to confirm his search. Yan phoned the Hotel front desk to enquire if anything was found in my last night hotel room and Guan Han and I dashed back to 301B. We had a little over an hour and a half to find the rings and return before the 5:00 celebration :huh:

As all good cliff hangers...I will end this episode with some new pictures

Stay Tuned for the next Installment entitled  Judgment Day
or Terminator - which will happen to me if I don't find the rings:huh: am I Sara Conners?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:05:14 am by Rhonald »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2009, 11:38:24 pm »
And Saur... I mean the director and planners didn't double check with or remind you about anything?  That sounds a little strange...They're usually paranoid about forgetting things.

Can't wait for the next exciting episode when you tell us about the treants.... :icon_cheesygrin:
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2009, 11:51:08 pm »
Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='21653' dateline='1257136704'

And Saur... I mean the director and planners didn't double check with or remind you about anything?  

I hope I never get knighted because then I would become Sauron...Sir Ron :s the antagonist. I want to be a Hero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByQuyKxRrOw&feature=related
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:08:40 am by Rhonald »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 12:23:15 am »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='21654' dateline='1257137468'

Quote from: 'mustfocus' pid='21653' dateline='1257136704'

And Saur... I mean the director and planners didn't double check with or remind you about anything?  

I hope I never get knighted because then I would become Sauron...Sir Ron :s the antagonist. I want to be a Hero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByQuyKxRrOw&feature=related

Don't you mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Q3orQhEcA :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:23:39 am by mustfocus »
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Arnold

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 08:53:06 am »
Great stuff Rhonald , that's the way to tell a Storybook Wedding . Love the Photo's .

But ... if you don't find the Ring's soon , you might be wearing that Pipa after all .:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2009, 10:13:07 am »
You wanted to be the hero?  WTF!  You're not going to be around long enough to be a hero if you don't get on with the story! hehehe

Vince G

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2009, 10:28:50 am »
Reneging on the story? Now put this beanie on and go sit in the corner....
[attachment=947]