All About China > Your trip to China

CHINA INFO LINK....HOW SAFE IS CHINA?

(1/3) > >>

Okie_Rob:
June 4, 2009 this year will mark the 20th. anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Riot(estimated that 3,000 killed and about 10,000 injured)....in Beijing....it is possible that there may be demonstrations on the forecoming date this year.....I stumbled upon this site....but there is so much information on demonstrations in China, and China demonstrations in USA and other countries.....lots of videos at this site: >
This site also has other information to offer, which includes some of the police or goverment involvement with it's citizens....and just plain riots in China......lots of topics to research and study here....some topics just good information (awareness) about China......but one should be aware.....for most of us will be traveling to China, visiting many different areas and cities:
http://chinaview.wordpress.com/

Chad:
When I was in Beijing in november I hired a tour guide for one day and he was prpbably in his early twenties. Of course we visited Tiananmen square. Believe it or not we were discussing that riot and he told me that he was not even sure that it had realy happened.

Irishman:
I was there a few weeks ago (see gallery pics!) and the security was unreal. There are police everywhere literally.
There's no way a riot will happen again - anyone trying to act up will be hauled away in seconds.

David:
Are you talking about China as a whole Ronan or Tiananmen Square?

Irishman:
Tiananmen Square was super secure but i felt safe everywhere i went.
Ling for example thought it perfectly fine for her, a pretty girl to be walking around on her own at 11PM by herself, how many big western cities could you say the same?
That said there are police present everywhere and cameras everywhere, I'd say Chinese jails are grim places..so violent crime I image is lower than here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version