Author Topic: curious  (Read 1671 times)

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
curious
« on: April 17, 2023, 05:34:08 am »
Good morning everyone were ever you are. the forum is still very quiet. I was thinking have many left or just too busy nowadays? I reminisce about what this forum used to be like its sad things have come down to this. however nobody is right or wrong, it makes you wonder anyway. if anybody reads this, I hope you are healthy and happy as our journey is complete. hope this forum has not come to the end of the road. Only time will tell, good luck to everyone.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 05:39:12 am by joeswuhandream »

Offline kenny

Re: curious
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 07:08:57 pm »
I still come and see if anything has been posted from time to time.

curious how shaun is doing and if gerry has moved to texas

good to see you are still around and doing good

Offline shaun

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 01:59:30 am »
Hi all.

I think many check in from time to time just to see.

Well, she's been here a little over 10 months.  At times it is great and at times it is rocky, but we work diligently through what issue there are.  I wish at times the forum was the same as 10 and 15 years ago as we walk through the difficult times, but you know, somehow, we work through the issues and manage to stay in love like two 16-year-olds.  We laugh, dream, argue, yell sometimes, and look for a better time with each other, and don't get me wrong it is pretty awesome now that we're together 24-7.

She's a hard worker, loves my children and grandchildren, they love her back too. She cooks, cleans, has made a ton of Chinese friends, almost everyone loves her, but she can't drive a car worth a flip. She studies the drivers manual and English for at least 1 hour every morning.  I love to hear the new words and phrases she learns.  She springs them one me and we laugh often.  Things like; shut your pie hole and whatever are two of my favorites.

She loves shooting my gun.  She tells me that she got to shoot one many years ago when she was a small child.

She never rode in a airplane until 2022.  Now she has 4 trips under her belt.  She flew here, Austin, Texas, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles.  She told me the other day she doesn't like to fly.  For a girl that never venture more that 300 miles her whole life she's made up for it in less than a year.

She would rather cook at home than eat out at a restaurant.  She doesn't much care for Mexican food but has created what I call a Chinese burrito which is actually better that a Mexican burrito.  She even makes the tortilla from scratch. This afternoon she made about 50 dumplings and yes, they are to die for.  She never had a freezer before but figured it out to her advantage pretty quick.

The lawn service man came by Friday to mow our lawn.  He never met her last year.  His first comment was that I married a good farm girl.  I asked him how he knew she was a farm girl to which her replied she turned your back yard into a vegetable garden and kept it going through the winter.  He said he grew up on a farm and farmers can tell.  I didn't know there are a bazillion varieties of choy.  She grows many of them.  She also grows garlic, celery, and scallions.  Not from seeds but from the parts you cut odd and throw away from the grocery store.  We have beans, tomatoes, winter radish, bell pepper, just to name a few.

If you ever watched the TV series the Odd Couple, that is us.  Pretend I'm at an AA meeting.  Hi my name is Oscar and I'm a slob. She sometimes calls me a dirty man; but untidy or unorganized would-be better fit.  She is the cleanest woman I have ever met.

We often talk about staying here 5 years and then moving to China.  I worry about American-China relations and where that will be in 5 years.  But I look at American and realize this isn't the country I grew up in so I don't know what we will do.  For now we work at my store that that has blossomed into quite a business and hope for the best.

So not that I've exposed many things how about you?  What's your story with your wife?  We'd like to hear about you.

Shaun
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 09:50:35 am by shaun »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 11:37:10 am »
Thanks Shaun for sharing your story. Sad about not liking Mexican food, since I think that is my favorite cuisine.  We do have an authentic Mexican restaurant a couple of doors down from our clinic and she likes getting the taco wraps for when we make our home tacos. Once she felt like a soup and ordered one from them and when I picked it was a sope not a soup, but ended up liking it anyways.

I am in my 3rd year of acupuncture school with hopes that soon I can stick it to people, and I help out at her clinic. Don't know if anyone's wife likes using moxibustion since many Chinese people like using that traditional medicine.

We go once a week for dance lessons, since she likes ballroom dancing, but seems my best dance step is the tangle not Tango.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline kenny

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 05:37:33 pm »
Hi Shaun

Your wife sounds very similar to mine. The phrases really reminded me of shortly after Linda got here a wife of a buddy of mine stoped by and used the phrase "Whatever" a few times after she left Linda asked me what that meant, i tried to explain it to her and must have done a good job because she uses it all the time now.

They will soon be here 13 years now Linda does a decent job driving around here in the country but nothing to do with city driving. Suits me find because if I drive somewhere she is asleep in 5 minutes.

Also grows garden in yard, love to cook started baking bread this spring and also love to shoot guns. She also talked about spending time in China but now doesnt care if she ever goes back. Linda keeps in touch with her family and we send over some money a few times a year to help care for her fathe

It was good to hear all is well with you so keep in touch
Kenny

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 04:53:17 pm »
Kenny, Yes I am in Texas. 45 minutes outside Houston. Got me a nice place with some land and built a workshop. So this will be my last rodeo. 
Today is my 71st birthday so tonight we will be at Chili's for stake and chocolate cake À LA MODE .

How are you doing?
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline shaun

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 09:52:57 pm »
a
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 07:39:57 am by shaun »