Author Topic: A new life  (Read 40171 times)

shaun

RE: A new life
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 10:50:28 pm »
Rob, after 3 beers I was not sure. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

I am glad alls is well.

Mike good to see you writing.  I must update you later.  Reading around you'll get it anyway.

Shaun

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2009, 11:10:17 pm »
Nice to hear from you last night Rob.

Do not try to tell me that you have not found women yet because I am not sure but there seemed to be a lot womens voices in the background.  Just how many did you pick up and take home last night???

Well you have now flown to a great country on your first flight..  Of course it is not the first that you have travelled to a great country.  You did find your way to England!!!!

Do not spend 8 yuans on that beer - you can buy it cold in shops for 3.5 yuan or was it the womens company you were after.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline zook144

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 10:16:24 am »
Rob,
Enjoying reading your posts. And admire you for "taking the bull by the horns" (so to speak) and starting a new life in China.
But, I am confused as to who Jennifer is. I know you mentioned her before in this thread, but is she someone you knew before?
Or the owner of an agency? Just trying to keep your story straight. In my mind at least. Everyone else seems to know already. ha
Good Luck and keep the faith!
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 10:32:42 am »
Quote from: 'zook144' pid='23156' dateline='1258470984'

Rob,
Enjoying reading your posts. And admire you for "taking the bull by the horns" (so to speak) and starting a new life in China.
But, I am confused as to who Jennifer is. I know you mentioned her before in this thread, but is she someone you knew before?
Or the owner of an agency? Just trying to keep your story straight. In my mind at least. Everyone else seems to know already. ha
Good Luck and keep the faith!
Don

Don
Jennifer is the agency boss, who I had words with concerning my complaint to Chnlove about Keren keeping me on emf's for 11 months finally splitting with me because of her father's inability to cope with a smaller man for his daughter (Ithink...lol).

She was angry with me because of my complain, she assumed I complained about the AGENCY when I complained about Keren!!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:35:03 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline kenny

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2009, 10:54:01 am »
Hi Rob,

I have not had time to read here much latley but thought you must be over there now. I hope you have a great trip and i enjoyed reading and getting up to date with you so far. I know what you mean about those planes. I left Indy for Chicago on some thing more like a tin can and wasnt sure i could do this. Then in Chicago got on a 747-400 and thought this is BIG. When they opened up those engines to start down the runway i was scared to death but thought this is awsume at the same time. Now i am looking forward to doing it again.  Also I took over a couple simple gifts for my translator but nothing was said about it at all. I even gave them to her at the agency. She is still working there i talked to her yesterday. haha

Kenny

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 11:04:29 am »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='23164' dateline='1258473622'

Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='23160' dateline='1258471962'

because of her father's inability to cope with a smaller man for his daughter (Ithink...lol).

forget about---> Keren!!!

Rob,
Your too good of a man, for her! You will find a much better lady than her!!! You took the leap, now just have some....faith!;)

Jim

Thanks biggy, I was just mentioning her to Don..

But we did know that I did need some answers when I got here, probably won't get them, but NOW I don't really care..

I will find some lady here that is a fact.  There is TOO many beautiful ladies here for me not to get hooked again :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2009, 11:19:54 am »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='23112' dateline='1258429447'

Rob,
Glad to hear you made it !!!!! I will have to post for you the place where I got coffee ..... it was not too far from the hotel ...

Starbucks was a bit of a hike by comparison...

Hope you enjoy your stay there .... and stay away from the 6th floor!!!  LOL

just kidding ,......

here are some pictures from my trip ....

Good Luck Rob, and thanks for the updates .... reminds me of my trip to there...

Mike O.

Hello Mike, are you traveling in Fujian province now ? The name of the road looks like my hometown.
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline zook144

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 11:36:48 am »
Ok Rob.  Thanks. I'm up to date now. :icon_cheesygrin:   I can't wait until I visit China again. The way its going with the ladies I have been talking to, I may end up just picking an agency and meeting ladies when I am there. Nobody said this would be easy!:-/

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 11:56:23 am »
Quote from: 'zook144' pid='23173' dateline='1258475808'

Ok Rob.  Thanks. I'm up to date now. :icon_cheesygrin:   I can't wait until I visit China again. The way its going with the ladies I have been talking to, I may end up just picking an agency and meeting ladies when I am there. Nobody said this would be easy!:-/

Hahaha  That's so true mate..

That's exactly what I am going to do but first things first, work to get sorted lol!!  There re enough for us all here...lol:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2009, 12:02:29 pm »
zook144,

I think you will be pleasantly surprised going this way about things. The best thing is that you will be on face to face terms from the start, and secondly you wont have any doubt's about wondering if your talking to your lady or the translator, like so many others here....

Just a couple of suggestions... Try to meet up with a lady that has at least some English, can't tell you how much of a difference that will make to having a successful relationship. Get her email addresses from her before you leave, her agency account email address and her private address, along with any IM addresses such as QQ, Yahoo, MSN.  At least then, when you return, you won't be paying for EMF's, and you'll have direct access from day 1!!

Not to mention all the other possible advantages, it could and should be quite an interesting trip Zook, ...hahaha!!

David.....

Offline zook144

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2009, 01:02:57 pm »
Yes David, definite advantages I think. Unfortunately, I will not be able to go until after 1st of the new year because of work obligations. All i need to do is figure out which city has the most beautiful ladies. :icon_wink:   I don't want to hijack Rob's thread, so maybe i should start a new one about where to find said ladies! If there isn't already one listed.  I'm sure everyone has very strong opinions on this.

Sorry Rob, now back to your new life.
Don

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 11:39:46 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='23154' dateline='1258469473'

I mentioned to Jennifer about me having some presents for the translator and she almost flew off the handel.  "They do not get presents I will fire them if they do"  I mentioned Yuiki (translator) by name and thereseemed to be a blank expression come across Jennifers face? Now I may be looking to deep into this but, WHY NOT???? it is only polite to have something for this translator who I have been in contact with these last months!!  Am I right in thinking this guys?

Rob - gifts to an employee is not condoned by many bosses.  In restuarants it is instant dismissal to  take a tip.    They want everyone to be treated the same.  Tipping and gifts can make a person provide you with a better service than a person who has not given a tip or gift.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2009, 01:50:09 am »
Willy , that is a bit of a conundrum , I give my fiancee gifts and she gives me excellent service  haha .:angel:
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2009, 04:32:48 am »

Rob - gifts to an employee is not condoned by many bosses.  In restuarants it is instant dismissal to  take a tip.    They want everyone to be treated the same.  Tipping and gifts can make a person provide you with a better service than a person who has not given a tip or gift.

Willy

It's funny you mentioned that willy because that was the reason she gave me, and she did say intant dismissal...will you pm me your FULL phone number willie I got my sim card today, I tried phoning your mobile and it said I dont have the FULL number...

Well guys this morning Irang the company about going for interview, one was arranged at 12.30, so I went to the office to get them to take me there.  Once inside the building which was huge, I asked what floor the company was on and no one knew, I must have been at the front desk for about 35 minutes:huh:  I eventually went up in the lift and checked the offices myself, guess what, I found it.

Anyway we went to the language school and I done a demo class for about 40 minutes.  Just my luck 5 mins ago I got the phone call saying I was unsuccessful:s  But no matter there are plenty more schools I will apply to.  We cant all be msterbrains and handsome (1 out of 2 aint bad for me:icon_cheesygrin:)

After my class I went to the agency office, I met all the translators and spoke to the one I used so all was cool.  She apparently was gutted when it happened and told me she "tried her best to talk her out of the decision", and said "thank all your friends for my busy days:huh:" hahaha.  Anyway once in the office Choo (who is a chef) cooked lunch for us all (except the translators), so Jennifer and I got talking and decided that the most important thing at the moment was work and apartment, before looking for ladies, which I agreed with.

We then went into town to do some shopping and go to the bank to make sure I had money in:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:  After the bank I went and bought a phone and simcard which I can now use over here.:angel:  Here i my number for those who may want it when in China 152 532 473 51.  so now I came back to the hotel and going to rest, sleeping has not been the easiest thing I've been able to do.  Arrangments have been made for me to go back to the office tomorrow and then go out some sight seeing, wher I should be able to take some pictures.  Apparently Julie, Jennifers sister told me in confidance that Jennifer likes me a lot, "You are not what she expected, your a fun guy she said".  It certainly looks that way to me, she IS bending over backwards to help me in any way, which of course I am thankful for.  It seems like my opinion has changed since yesterday.

Oh guys another thing I forgot to mention, on the way to the company, i saw an old man being run down, he was on a bike cutting across from pavement to pavement and a little van put him up in the air.  Not sure if he ws badly hurt, he did look dazed:@  I said from the start that this place was an accident waiting to happen:s
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 08:48:18 am by Vince G »

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2009, 05:11:46 am »
Greetings Brothers,

Too bad about the job prospect but as you say there are plenty of more where that came from.  Also have you been in contact with Joyce from linkesl?  She will keep trying until you accept a position so let her help you if she can.  She keeps in touch after the job starts too just to make sure everything works out.  Nice lady.

Also I seem to have missed something here but who is Jennifer? Oh and as far as gifts to the translators, well once again the Handan agency is different.  Both trips to china I have taken a gift specifically for Una our translator and both Daniel and Echo (the owners) were fine with it so once again for every rule.... Granted it was only chocolate but still.  Besides I am sure she shared it with the other translators, tehy all seem to be very close with each other and the ladies they help.  Great agency.

Also Rob if you like I can ask at work if the organization my school belongs to is hiring, they apparently have schools in many cities and I think I read they are the biggest private language company in China.  Let me know what you think.  Also on the subject of school it seems I am the only native english teacher here so there is definitely hope for those who do not have english as a first language to find teaching positions in china.

Anyway good luck with the job search and a little sightseeing wont hurt either.  It seems the less we pursue the goal the easier it is to catch sometimes.

Good luck,

Zhen and Brian