Author Topic: O.M.G. an admirer who has read my profile!!!  (Read 1978 times)

brett

O.M.G. an admirer who has read my profile!!!
« on: November 16, 2009, 05:22:07 am »
Well guys, I don't know how to put this but my latest admirer has actually read my profile! In her admirer letter she has actually mentioned my job.

OK so 90% of the letter is standard fluff, but I'm certain this is the first time this has happened to me :fi_lone_ranger:.

I am not sure if she is right for me, she's just 23!!! But she is an astonishingly beautiful girl, she is 5'4" but most of it is leg :angel:.

P.S. I am only window shopping but my current lady didn't even say goodbye today so it's not looking good.

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
RE: O.M.G. an admirer who has read my profile!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 08:10:22 am »
I wouldn't be too sure about that Brett.  My first Admirer Mail (supposedly) from Fei mentioned things that are in my Chnlove profile, but I am now almost certain that Fei did not actually start writing or replying to my EMF's until after my fourth or fifth letter to her.

It was only by joining this Forum that I became aware that this is the conventional wisdom about Admirer Mails and I have to say, on reflecting over our previous correspondence, I think it is rightly held.  I don't blame Fei for that, it's one of Chnlove's deceitful little practices.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 09:31:11 am »
Now Johnboy it is possible that the lady wrote the letter. Mine did. She lived close to the agency and went there when I sent the cupid note and checked it out and responded. She has written every letter since. We have reflected on this in other letters and on the phone. If it was fake she wouldn't remember it as it was. The story changes when lies are told.

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 09:48:37 am »
it a 50/50 chance she actually read it. maybe the translators
  are getting a little smarter??  Brett reply back and see what
  happens
   Ted

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 10:00:39 am »
Yes Vince, you are of course right that it is possible the lady did write the Admirer Mail to Brett.  I was merely pointing out that just because Brett's admirer had 'seemingly' written about things in his profile, it did not necessarily mean she had personally read it, or that she had read it at all, or that she actually wrote the Admirer mail.  And moreover, that my thoughts on this were driven by the conventional wisdom that is so regularly posted on this Forum.  But I accept that your point is well-made:icon_biggrin:

Hold on Ted, I thought your signature read "Be generous with your heart", not be generous with Brett's credits! Haha
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:05:11 am by Johnboy »
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 10:13:13 am »
There's a better chance she did read it or even if the translator did first she made a match. Most admire letters are prewritten and sent. That's why they are so general. It could be written by the lady in advance and sent to a man the translator thinks is a match? With so many possibilities for the first letters if he received a letter showing they read it there is a better chance somebody actually read the profile and had interest? So give it a try? They did.

Credits? Why worry about them? If I met someone for coffee good or bad I'd be spending the same amount.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:15:00 am by Vince G »

brett

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 10:31:01 am »
Well regardless of whether the lady or the agency wrote the admirer letter, at least someone read my profile!

I think sometimes we are too paranoid. There must be some kind of lady interaction going on because some of my cupid notes were declined - if an agency was out to scam the man then this wouldn't happen!

I'm not sure what ladies do if they don't live near the agency? Perhaps then it is more of an agency thing (but my current lady lives 1000 miles from her agency, so this isn't anything to be wary of).

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 10:32:30 am »
Hmm,

The way it works as I understand it is that the translators have clients that they translate for.
The agency hires people to send out admiration letters to prospects.

Those that reply are sent to the translators to choose from to forward on to the ladies to decide which they like or not. Though if the lady doesn't have many replies they may forward them all.

Maybe Proteus can correct me on that?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 10:51:21 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='23009' dateline='1258384393'

There's a better chance she did read it or even if the translator did first she made a match. Most admire letters are prewritten and sent. That's why they are so general. It could be written by the lady in advance and sent to a man the translator thinks is a match? With so many possibilities for the first letters if he received a letter showing they read it there is a better chance somebody actually read the profile and had interest? So give it a try? They did.

Credits? Why worry about them? If I met someone for coffee good or bad I'd be spending the same amount.

The bit about Ted and Brett's credits was a joke Vince - that's why I put the haha's in. :icon_biggrin:  The apposite point was in Brett's response in relation to the rejection of his cupid notes, which does indeed indicate some modicum of honesty on the part of the agency.  But paranoir?  I was simply relaying the advice that I've read in countless posts.......

brett

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 11:13:21 am »
Don't worry about my credits hee hee. This Chinese wife searching business costs a vast amount of money and I guess to get to the marriage stage will cost a figure that has many 0's in it. £10,000? That's not an unreasonable figure. Those brothers who are quibbling about the cost of EMFs, well they're a drop in the ocean compared to the eventual cost of getting your wife into your own country :s.

And my lady's agency are extremely honest, so they're not all scamming us :icon_biggrin:.

brett

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 01:25:11 pm »
Ha! Ask my lady whether she is content in her slave job and she will rip your head off. Her friend left her slave job and is studying for the civil service exams. Marrying a Westerner is a good way out of a slave job, but it's by no means the only way. Yes my lady does love her life in China, but she is paying a very heavy price for working all that unpaid overtime.

My profile states that my lady will have to come here, and it is something I ask them in the first EMF. They know the score.

I would love to move to Asia. But I have a decent job here and a mortgage to pay. I am not convinced the global economy is fixed, and until it is I am not moving anywhere. But assuming she wanted kids then it would be easier to bring them up in the UK. Yes if I was in my 20s I'd go off and teach languages. If I was in my 50s I guess I would have enough retirement income to be able to move East.

Offline Proteus

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 05:37:12 am »
Calm down, brett.

Some newly recruited translators may bother to read your profile becasuse they haven't learned the "rule" yet. Or perhaps the agency is experiencing some low admiral letter response crisis so they are making extra effort. After all, these two gusses are more possible than that a lady might have really read your profile and sent you a letter.

Potential compatibility between you two is more important for you to decide whether to try.

Proteus