Author Topic: Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China  (Read 3158 times)

Paul Todd

Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China
« on: November 17, 2009, 02:55:44 am »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:08:13 am by Paul Todd »

shaun

RE: Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:42:19 am »
Paul,

The pollution.  Wow!!!  Very sad.

T-shirt.  It makes Obama look like the communist many people in America thinks he is.  What happens if this gets out in America?

Shaun

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 09:58:27 am »
I never once saw the t shirt and I hit a lot of places.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Manuel

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 05:38:31 pm »
The official info from chinese goverment:

http://air.ipe.org.cn/en/qyInfoEn.do
TRADUTTORE, TRADITORE

Paul Todd

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 08:52:18 pm »
Thanks for the link Manuel, that's a really interesting site!  Good information.

If you want an Obamao T shirt here's a link  http://buyobama.net/t-shirts/buy-anti-obama-funny-obamao-mao-obama-politics-t-shirt-for-sale-9-99

Are they anti Obama?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 08:56:53 pm by Paul Todd »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 11:23:50 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='23153' dateline='1258468939'

Paul,

The pollution.  Wow!!!  Very sad.

T-shirt.  It makes Obama look like the communist many people in America thinks he is.  What happens if this gets out in America?

Shaun

Last time I got political I found that my entry had been removed.  How long will this stay I wonder?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 11:49:24 pm »
Willy I don't know.This thread is really pushing the boundries.The reason that we do remove the political threads.Is because it causes a lot of hate and discontent among the members.

For example somebody wrote that the t-shirt made Obama look like a communist.Being called a communist in the States.Is like somebody telling you that.You are a lier and a thief.Or telling a German.That they are related to Adolph Hitler.It doesn't go over to well.

So we don't want to be involved in politics.When it comes to politics some people can get real crazy.

shaun

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 12:10:49 am »
Sorry I didn't think I was being political.  I have never said who I supported one way or the other.  There are those in America that think he is a communist and I thought the t-shirt would fan those flames a little.  

I did make a comment about keeping him in China until the economy improves but I didn't think I was slamming the man or the office.

But for the sake of keeping non political I will refrain from any other comment on this subject.

Shaun
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:07:09 am by shaun »

Offline Manuel

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 03:06:22 pm »
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='23226' dateline='1258509138'

Thanks for the link Manuel, that's a really interesting site!  Good information.

If you want an Obamao T shirt here's a link  http://buyobama.net/t-shirts/buy-anti-obama-funny-obamao-mao-obama-politics-t-shirt-for-sale-9-99

Are they anti Obama?

You're welcome Paul. I agree is really interesting although coming from the goverment it could be somewhat biased. I going to suggest some improvements like texts in maps in English and a color scale. I guess pink areas are the more polluted.

I'd prefer to buy a Castrobama one!  :icon_cheesygrin: And by the way, I can't see why political opinions aren't allowed as far as people keeps respectful and civilized as is the norm in this site. Is there anything  in our lifes disconneted from politics? Unfortunately not, I think

Anyway, if that's the rule I'll follow it
TRADUTTORE, TRADITORE

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 03:32:19 am »
Utterly frightening Paul!

I could never have imagined it without having seen it; it's my vision of Armageddon.  It is also extraordinary that many of the photographs look like they were taken in Dickensian times.  And the suffering of those poor people, especially the young and elderly, simply defies belief.  How can human beings inflict such horror on other human beings?

I am not particularly faint-hearted or irresolute - I've worked with orphans in Peru and Bolivia and experienced the grinding poverty they endured - but this bears no resemblance to that; the sheer hopelessness and ugliness portrayed was so haunting and so awful, that I reached a point where I could no longer bear to look.  

But thank you for opening my eyes.

Johnboy
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Offline David K

• Yan Wang xxxx
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 05:16:22 am »
Just to add a counter balance, a shameless plug for New Zealand......... and to show one reason why my sweetheart wants to visit me :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42525397@N02/galleries/72157622247507297/
Nothing Real can be threatened; nothing unreal exists

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 05:20:08 am »
I hear that the smoke polution got worse since the scottish_rob chimney arrived.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

rockycoon

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 06:38:58 am »
I hear the bar-b-qed haggis really adds flavor to the pollution it creates,,,:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 08:59:36 am »
On the topic of pollution have a look at - http://www.amfic.eu/bulletin/index.php

Choose the region you are interested in and PM10 (the nasty stuff) and prepare to be appalled. Guangzhou and Beijing truly have terrible air quality all the time from what I have seen.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Paul Todd

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 09:20:24 pm »
Ow, that's scary. Given me something to think about over breakfast ! Cheers for the link Ronan, I think I will be a regular visitor to the site. Next step is to find out what PM10's consist of ,and then be really appalled. :s