Author Topic: Jinxiang & Okie_Rob  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
Jinxiang & Okie_Rob
« on: May 11, 2010, 12:25:49 am »
Recently returned from China ... had interview at Guangzhou on March 23.... at interview, we received blue.  Jinxiang passed the interview ... but the consulate did not believe that Jinxiang's daughter was her daughter ... so we received blue.  There excuse for our denile captioned below: ... and they wanted:
"Photos of the principal applicant with his or her child(or children) from infancy until now.  Identify all persons appearing the photo as well as the time and location where it was taken"
 .... sounds simple ... well not so simple, for Jinxiang did not have any photos ... to send ... so on or about March 28, we sent photos of her children to the consulate.... older photos of her children, but Jinxiang was not in the photos with them... we sent recent photos of Jinxiang her her children, that I had taken on my visits to China ....
Now about the first week in April, family members found 2 photographs with Jinxiang and her children, that she was also photographed with them .... so on or about the 2nd week in April, we forwarded the photos that the family members had found(Jinxiand was not aware of their existance)..... April 27, day before I left for the USA ... we received 2nd denile(stating that "biological relationship(s) has not been established") .... the consulate, stated that we could submit a DNA test from one of their accreditated test facilities(AABB: American Association of Blood Banks), all but 2 were in the USA ... not any in China..... on Wed. May 5 ... I traveled to Oklahoma City, which had one of their approved DNA test facilities.... paid $750.00 for the test... which they were supposed to forward to Guangzhou .... the next day....(but they didn't)...(so glad they were lazy)... for on Sat, May 8, I received a text message from Jinxiang, that she received another letter from Guangzhou, and she was approved... or got the "Pink" ... I guess the 2nd set of photos were reconsidered by Guangzhou and they approved us!!!!! ... I called the DNA test facility this morning (Monday) and they gave me a complete refund$$!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

Apparently in China, the Consualte, may not recgonize the "Legal" "Family Book, Birth Certificate, and Divorce Decree" but "ol family photos" will do the trick:huh:

I would suggest, that if your fiancee, is bringing a child/dependent with her to the USA, at the interview, maybe bring some family photographs of her with her children, just in case:fi_lone_ranger:
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: Jinxiang & Okie_Rob
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 12:34:10 am »
Holy crap Rob...talk about jumping through hoops!  I am really happy to hear that your story finally has a happy ending...or is that a happy beginning!  Congratulations to the both of you.

Make sure you give Jinxiang detailed instructions on how to get through Tokyo airport.  We wouldn't want her to do a repeat of what you did before. hahaha

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 01:13:15 am »
Wow Rob. Like Martin said that was some big hoops to jump threw.I'm glad to here you to made it threw the interview.I do like the last sentence of your post.I had never thought of that. I think it is good solid advice.

Also if you don't mind and if you have the time.Could we get a time line of how long the visa took.And what other hoops.You and your wife had to jump threw.

Again congradulations and best wishes.For a bright and happy future.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 01:13:50 am »
Hey Rob , long time no hear from you . ( Boy I start talking like my Wife now )
To read this close Encounter of the Okie Kind .. would have given me some more grey Hair's for sure . Great it turn out the way it did . Congratulations to both of you . Oh .. and don't be sooo quiet !!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 01:20:34 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='38395' dateline='1273554830'

Oh .. and don't be sooo quiet !!

I am with Arnold on this one.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 05:27:41 am »
hey Rob congratulations to both of you mate...:icon_biggrin:

Offline Chong

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 06:49:53 am »
Likewise, Okie. Happy to hear the good news.

FYI Newbies ... Okie Rob was one of the original members from the FaceBook Forum days.

Are you coming back to Shenzhen to bring Jin over ???

shaun

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 10:10:03 am »
Rob,

Congratz and I agree with everyone else.  You need to post more.  From one original Okie to another.  I was born in Antlers, spent a lot of my early life in Durant, as a young man OKC and Edmond.  I was transfered to Texas and never moved back to OK.  My mother still lives in McAlester and I get there about once a year.  I may be headed there in 2 or 3 weeks.

Where do you live?

Shaun
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:12:51 am by shaun »

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 10:39:05 pm »
Thanks eveyone ! I am very happy !!!:icon_cheesygrin:
Seems like every step took about 3 weeks ... the Embassy at Guangzhou is getting more efficent in their processing. We wouild reply or send documentation(in our case was just photos and a  cover letter) and 3 weeks later we would get some kind of notice or reply from them.  When you get "blue" denile ... the blue document states and is in bold and underlined:  "Include this blue sheet, any other refusal sheets ( they must be the ORIGINAL refusal sheets, otherwise the docuemtns will be returned) and a return address. DO NOT SUBMIT PASSORTS."

So when we send the second set of photographs, we did not have the "Original Blue Refusal Sheet" we just had a copy... so I thought we were waisting our time ... but now in China at the Embassy ... think...?? we now have a "3 week rule" sort of like our "48 hour rule" with our ladies ... think one should always wait about 3 weeks ... to see what or how the consulate/embassy will react respond to our actions or correspondence/documentation.

I now have a different attitude or respect for Guangzhou, the second photographs, were not that great...they were old, and we only had two, but did show Jinxiang with her children... the children, were about 6 and 7 ... the other photograph was her with her daughter(daughter was about 11 or 12) ... I was happily shocked by the consulates decision.  I was also happy, that Jinxiang and her daughter Ying did not have to submit to the DNA test which was quite $$expensive.

Bottom line on this ... do not give up... keep trying ... keep sending documents ...just do what they ask....or want.... they will finally "oil the squeaky hinge" and your lady will get her "Pink" approval.

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 11:06:08 pm »
Boy Rob , you really have been away too long here . 48 Hour Rule ??? NO NO .. it's the 24 Hour Rule we live by .. well most of the Time anyway .
Ones not so easy way , makes it always easier for the follower .. if all or most is used in the right way . Thanks Rob .

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 11:22:11 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='38450' dateline='1273633568'

Boy Rob , you really have been away too long here . 48 Hour Rule ??? NO NO .. it's the 24 Hour Rule we live by .. well most of the Time anyway .
Ones not so easy way , makes it always easier for the follower .. if all or most is used in the right way . Thanks Rob .

Maybe Rob gets himself into enough trouble with Jinxiang that he needs the extra 24 hours.

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 08:39:00 am »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='38451' dateline='1273634531'

Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='38450' dateline='1273633568'

Maybe Rob gets himself into enough trouble with Jinxiang that he needs the extra 24 hours.

yes guys .. ha ha ... been away too long ... but seems like I need the extra 24 for some reason ????:huh: .. brainwashed myself ????