Author Topic: When You know it is just right  (Read 54663 times)

Vince G

RE: When You know it is just right
« Reply #495 on: March 25, 2010, 11:16:22 pm »
Not to get off track but that slapchop is a rip off of another chopper they had on TV i think it was the late 70's?

P.S. That's not me in the video....  :dodgy:

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #496 on: March 25, 2010, 11:29:33 pm »
Could be.

At least the shamwow commercials are off the air now... if only we could do away with the slapchop... (I guess you can tell that I'm not a fan of his nuts)
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

rockycoon

« Reply #497 on: March 26, 2010, 02:36:59 am »
spanish peanuts?...haha :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #498 on: March 26, 2010, 04:26:57 am »
Get to China and see the same adverts three or four times in the same break.  It really helps tp learn the language.  I know the details of most of the non aging whitening creams now.  And Jackie Chans hair is something to be admired on the advert he has for hair stuff. except  no idea yet what it is for!!!!  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #499 on: March 26, 2010, 07:05:00 am »
I would assume Jackie Chan's hair gel? His hair stays in place during the action? Never saw the ad just guessing?

shaun

« Reply #500 on: April 14, 2010, 01:29:35 pm »
I thought I was finished with this thread until this morning.

Last night I was talking with Peggy.  In reality I should have been in bed sleeping because I was completely exhausted.  I was also lonely and longing for Peggy.  She was the same way.  We really miss each other.

I told her that I was willing to close my business, forget the clothing idea and come stay with her in China until she got her visa.  We talked about what city to live in, how would I be able to support us, and everything we could think of related to us being together.  Finally I had to go to bed because I could not stay awake.

About 1 hour later here is what she wrote.  "I think your current mission is to do your business and manage your store, and take care of my life. As soon as possible the work of my visa. If your clothing business can be beneficial to our finalized. We can talk less."

Of course she is completely right but I like the way she said it.  She realized that I was tired and wanted to be with her.  She very gracefully reminded me of what I needed to be doing.  No fuss, no condemnation, no vile words just a simple reminder and an offer to talk less if need be.  THIS IS WHEN YOU KNOW IT IS JUST RIGHT.

I gotta marry this woman and soon.  She is absolutely a keeper.

ttwjr32

« Reply #501 on: April 14, 2010, 01:44:45 pm »
but dont forget to tell her the american dream is on hold right now
 need a few years to get out of the mess its in

shaun

« Reply #502 on: April 14, 2010, 09:27:35 pm »
Yes and I am the luckiest man on the earth.

rockycoon

« Reply #503 on: April 15, 2010, 02:08:54 am »
Well several things come to mind.  First Shaun I  can say...I told you so...I think you would have gotten married to Peggy if
you could have while there, therefore I win the bet...haha :icon_cheesygrin:

Second, since you have a business here, can you say she works for you and get a business visa or whatever they call it, for her
to come here for "sales or business" reasons.  I'm not an expert, but lots of Chinese come here on business and get the travel
visa quickly.  Perhaps someone on here knows how to do it.  Then you can get married while she is here.  By the way from what
I have read here on this forum and other places, your supposed to get married in the US first on a 90 day visa, then go to China
and get married agian.  So if she is here for "business" reasons, there is no reason you can"t get married in that time.  The business
one is faster, the marrage visa is a little slower.  Check it out.:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

shaun

« Reply #504 on: April 15, 2010, 04:49:49 am »
Don I am ahead of you on that one but still have little info.  I am talking with a couple from China who moved here on a business visa.  They are not very talkative yet.  I am hoping that having been to China now they will talk a little more.

ttwjr32

« Reply #505 on: April 15, 2010, 12:12:18 pm »
Shaun,

from what i have read that wont work. the people i know who have gone on a
business visa have went for study or research. Peggy doesnt have a business
here in China that would be applicable to the situation. i would go the route you
spoke in China. and i was wondering did you give Terrence a call? he could also give
you some advice that would apply.

shaun

« Reply #506 on: April 15, 2010, 07:39:59 pm »
Ted,

I am going with the same plan.  NO I haven't called Terrence yet.  There is a lot of catch up to do before I focus on that.  Peggy will be in Guangzhou Monday.  She tells me she will be looking for a company that can sew for less.  She wants to see this work and sees it as her future.  Gotta love it.

rockycoon

« Reply #507 on: April 16, 2010, 02:48:54 am »
Shaun and Ted, if she is an employee of Shaun's company, the work visa would/might apply.

shaun

« Reply #508 on: April 16, 2010, 05:02:30 am »
Don, I will look into it but I do not think it will apply because it is China.  But you never know.  If it is possible then when we marry she will have to go back and get either a k-1 or k-3.  She would still have to wait.

shaun

Re: When You know it is just right
« Reply #509 on: May 22, 2010, 08:24:45 pm »
It has been a while since I updated on this thread.

Yes Peggy and I are still together.  We still talk almost every day.  We've had our ups and downs.   But bottom line is that we love each other.

I mentioned it somewhere else but my divorce was finally final on April 22nd.  The judge signed the papers on my birthday, (wow, imagine that kind of thing to celebrate on your birthday) and it was filed in the clerks office on the 22nd.  Peggy was happy to hear it.  I felt a huge amount of relief.

We've both discovered that we have quick tempers and that we need to be patient when the other temper flares.  We have also discovered that our biggest enemy is translation software.  I have tried many of them and have settled with MDBG.net.  I think it was Neil that suggested it several times.  It will mess up too but it gives you several options to each word you use.   This has saved my back side several times.

Maxx will tell you to get out of your head when you are thinking wrong.  I would like to add to that.  Make sure you have a good translation.  You can get some really screwy stuff from translation software.  I have a feeling many relationships are ended because of bad translations.

Maxx has kicked my butt a few times and deservedly so.  I will complain every time but Maxx is usually right.  The bas...  never mind.

I am learning when you think an issue is over, it is not.  Often it lies in wait for another day.  Many of you remember the junk I went through about the engagement money.  I gave her mother 1000RMB and Peggy was very upset.  I think we were the closest to ending the relationship that night in Shaoguan than at any other time.  Well, it is back.  The family has left the issue thinking it is done but Peggy has not.  I think it is settled now but not without much arguing.  This is where Peggy's sister has been the most help.  She has told me everything I needed to know to understand the issues at hand.  I will not share them but suffice it to say I decided that it was important to me that Peggy have face and feel her worth.

Guys, their worth as a woman can sometimes be wrapped up in the engagement money.  This is the case with Peggy.  So do I let her feel worthless or do I step up like a man and help her to feel valuable.  I chose the latter.  What value is the love of a wonderful woman if she thinks you find no value in her.  It is a small price to pay to have her feel valuable to you.  I think it is bad thinking but we can deal with that in the years to come.  In the meantime she will think I place a high value on her and she can hold her head up with her friends and family.  She will have face.  She does not know it but I will do my best to stretch beyond the agreed amount just to see her smile even that much more.  Donations can be sent to.....

There isn't a day that goes by that I do not tell her that I miss her and she tells me the same and that she needs me with her.  If that doesn't make a man feel good then I do not know what does.

Bottom line is that I am more in love with her than I was on April 1st when I saw her for the first time face to face,and I was head over heals with her on April 1st.

Gentlemen This is when you know it is just right.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 08:30:37 pm by shaun »