Author Topic: General Thread For This and That!!....  (Read 135785 times)

shaun

RE: General Thread For This and That!!....
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 05:02:40 am »
Don,

I think it has something to do with a clearer image.  Instead of using pixels like more people understand they decided to use Hz to confuse every one.

I was listening to Kim Komando on the radio Saturday and she was describing how all that works.  You might go out to www.komando.com.  I think she said she would put the info up on her site.

Shaun

David5o

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 11:14:53 am »
This is a part of an email i received from Lucy's dad today. ....Food for thought!!

Hi Dave,

Please have a look at this picture. What does it mean? hahaa
On a past weekend, many young people took part in a civil service exam. About 8 millions participants took part in the exam. They applied for 15,000 positions offered by the government. That is 8,000,000: 15,000. you can see how serious the situation of the employment is here right now. very pleased i'm now retired. Will be talking to you very soon,

Chong Lui

[attachment=1162]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:11:10 pm by David5o »

rockycoon

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2009, 11:58:30 am »
Boy that is a lot of unemployed people, I'd hate trying to back out of my parking place right about then.

shaun

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 01:33:03 pm »
Don,

The picture is a lot like smaller cities in China. 6 million people.  It is a small crowd. Or it could be the express entrance lane. :icon_cheesygrin:

Shaun

David5o

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2009, 04:09:25 pm »
The 8,000,000 was accross the whole country obviously, the photo was just a small group of that total,  in one particular city..... but was totally made up of those young participants eager to grab one of those 15,000 jobs that were available!!!

David....

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 06:15:27 pm »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='25490' dateline='1260775481'

My god don't drop that thing, the engine alone must have cost a fortune.  Have you flown it?  you must have a computer console just
to operate it. Super excellent !!

Yep...she flys very well...here is a photo of the prototype doing a low pass at about 90 MPH

Flys with 14 channel radio control...that is, we can control up to 14 functions simultaneously..........tricky stuff !!!

David

rockycoon

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2009, 10:16:36 pm »
Is that a carb air cleaner I see?

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2009, 02:51:53 am »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='25563' dateline='1260846996'

Is that a carb air cleaner I see?

Yep, it is a standard air filter from the carb of a chain saw. We thought we should put one on to avoid FOD damage from bits of grass, sand etc. Later on we realised that these little turbines can eat most small stuff without exploding !!, so we dispensed with it. The only thing they dont like is very high external temperatures, it plays havoc with the air/kero ratio in the compressor stage and the power output drops severely. Gets full power in crisp, cool mornings...but not many of them in Perth !!

David

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2009, 08:46:44 am »
Not sure if I was seeing things or not.  Was trying to get logged onto the forum on my PC which i had tio have the hard drive cleared.  And the forum front page was all Christmassy and glittery.  I could not remember my sign upname or password so could go no further.  I go back to my laptop and when I get on to here I find no Christmas glitz!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

• Board Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2009, 12:41:06 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='25650' dateline='1260977202'

I don't know? I know the christmas theme is there but when I come on I get my default theme (Chnlove).

I lost everything on my PC and have reloaded it.  But then I cannot remember my log in name nor my password so cannot get in on the PC.

The laptop sends me straight to the default page.  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Paul Todd

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2009, 12:40:46 am »
Willy mentioned in another thread about the possibility of getting your lady into the EU via a Lithuania visa and then travelling onto Europe that way. I came across this site offering legal EU-residency status from Estonian!  http://eu-residency.com/ Looks like you have to "invest" 16,000 Euro in a company their and your in! Don't know how legit this is and I'm not looking to do it, but it interesting non the less.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2009, 04:11:55 am »
That sounds plausible Paul now that Estonia are part of the EU.  If anyone travels to any EU country other than UK with their Chinese wives then remember that she wil lbe able to travel unhindered through any country in the EU  until she gets to UK territory then she will only be admitted if accompanied by you until she gets leave to remain in UK.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

rockycoon

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2009, 11:50:36 pm »
In that case, I'd invest the money, bring my wife to Estonia (wherever that is) and live there with her.  Sounds like their pretty loose there. What do they do in estonia anyway?
Just wondering, if anyone on here has ever had laser treatment to their eye's for correcting vision?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 12:04:41 am by rockycoon »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2009, 04:47:45 am »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='26398' dateline='1261716636'

In that case, I'd invest the money, bring my wife to Estonia (wherever that is) and live there with her.  Sounds like their pretty loose there. What do they do in estonia anyway?

Just wondering, if anyone on here has ever had laser treatment to their eye's for correcting vision?

They spend all their time trying to find a way out of it!!!!!LOL

As for the laser treatment - I would rather stay as I am - corrected vision may make me realise I have made another mistake in my choice of lady!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

David5o

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2009, 04:56:32 am »
Right now, Lucy is cooking our Christmas Dinner. Like the last 2 Xmas's, it's going to be a ''Chinglish'' affair More Chinese than English this time as were also going to a Traditional late Xmas dinner with friends tonight.... So yes we are having Turkey, but Turkey breast joint rather than a whole Turkey. Roast potato's, a chicken noodle dish, a veggie beansprout dish, and a couple of other dishes that i haven't quite made out yet, ...she tells me it's a surprise!! But it looks as though there are dumplings involved, so they'll be meat, as i'm not too keen on the veggie ones. ....hahaha!!  This all suits me fine, as i'm not much of a one for sticking to traditional food fare at anytime of year.... But i do like my leftover turkey or chicken sandwiches after Xmas. ...Maybe even more than the Xmas Dinner itself haha!!!

Enjoy your Christmas Dinner folks, ...wherever you may be!!  Especially if your with the lady
you LOVE, .....It sure does make all the difference, ...and ''You Can Take That To The Bank!!''

David.....
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:57:05 am by David5o »