Author Topic: General Thread For This and That!!....  (Read 135601 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
Re: General Thread For This and That!!....
« Reply #570 on: September 08, 2010, 02:55:48 am »
Don't forget, Halloween is coming soon. Here is a costume idea.

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/amazing-star-wars-costume/1gla45kdj

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2010, 08:31:07 pm »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline shaun

« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2010, 09:47:21 pm »
That is absolutely amazing Dave.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #573 on: September 26, 2010, 08:44:06 am »
When a teenager asks you a question, Just tell them.
 "Well you know"  This works until they are 20 and suddenly don't know everything anymore.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #574 on: September 27, 2010, 04:12:30 pm »
Vince,

I did meet her once in the mid 1980's. I had gotten an autographed poster of her too but I don't know what ever happened to it. It was at a car show at a Chrysler dealership in Detroit. Saw her again years later at the Autorama in Detroit. I think it was about the early 1990's, she had really changed. I would love to see a photo of her now. ;)

Dave C.

Paul Todd

« Reply #575 on: October 02, 2010, 09:52:20 pm »
Apparently and I'm no expert on this but the new iPhone 4 has something Apple calls “Facetime”. It's completely free as it’s done via a wireless connection rather than a phone call.
All you need is two people who have an iPhone 4 and they also both have to be within range of a wireless internet connection. Then find them in your contacts list and instead of clicking “call” you click on the “Facetime” button. That’s all there is to it.
Yes, it’s just like Skype, except it’s easier to use as you don’t need any accounts or login processes, and you can easily walk around while chatting.You can switch between front and back camera's so you can show your lady your apartment or whatever you want  ::)without having to turn the camera away from you.
So now all you have to do is spend I don't know who much to buy 2 of these! Good idea?????

ttwjr32

« Reply #576 on: October 03, 2010, 03:32:30 am »
Paul,

So can we all expect this as a Xmas present from you this year? That would be very
generous of you.

Let me thank you ahead of time!

Paul Todd

« Reply #577 on: October 03, 2010, 04:37:16 am »
To tell you the truth Ted I wouldn't know what one actually looked like! ??? Sounds good though. I don't know if Santa delivers to GZ and of course you would have to be a very good boy indeed to get one!

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #578 on: October 03, 2010, 08:57:21 pm »
got a call from the nephew, these are in short supply in china right now.  cost is $7000 RMB each.  i looked here,  can buy them for $300 US but have to have a 2 year contract with ATT.  to buy one and send to china the cost is just about a $1000 US.    just a FYI.    buzz

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #579 on: October 04, 2010, 06:28:06 am »
Just gotta love it. A phone made in China is in short supply in China.
I used to live just down the street from one of the 2 Hershey plants in the US. But we still paid the same as a guy in Timbuktu.  No help living close to the manufacture.
And Hershey has since closed that plant and now open 2 in Mexico. Cheap labor. Man they really screwed up the economy of Oakdale Ca with so many lay offs.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #580 on: October 06, 2010, 12:12:20 pm »
Hmm I never thought I'd get an I phone. But I have to read more about that face time thing... Maybe just maybe. (I don't support Apple products at all, I think its all garbage).

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #581 on: October 07, 2010, 07:53:37 am »

This guy has a death wish....!   WOW.

Wonder if this guy is still alive?

Watch this guy as he  navigate through Moscow traffic at rush hour. Imagine being a passenger with him, if you can. Six and a half minutes of sheer terror! Note the "wheelies" under extreme acceleration.                                                                   

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=22534&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=html&utm_campaign=2010-9-28

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #582 on: October 07, 2010, 09:11:11 am »
This guy has a death wish....!   WOW.

Wonder if this guy is still alive?

Watch this guy as he  navigate through Moscow traffic at rush hour. Imagine being a passenger with him, if you can. Six and a half minutes of sheer terror! Note the "wheelies" under extreme acceleration.                                                                   

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=22534&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=html&utm_campaign=2010-9-28

Uhhuh crazy, even I was scared to watch that!

Arnold

« Reply #583 on: October 13, 2010, 03:32:26 pm »
I found that very interesting to say the least .

Do that and you could run for Major of New York City .

Regarding the Mosque near Ground zero, I say let them build it. And across the
street, we should put a topless Bar called " You Mecca Me Hot." Next to
that, a gay Bar called " The Turban Cowboy" and next to that, a pork-rib
Restaurant called "Iraq o' Ribs"? And a Check cashing center called
........." Iran out of money." Lets see ...who's really tolerant!!!!

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #584 on: October 13, 2010, 05:45:36 pm »
Now now... that's just being mean.  Yes, I mean you should take the high road... just remember... if the people who are putting up the muslim centre are really doing something bad, karma will deal with it.  To be honest, I'd be interested in visiting such a centre.  Maybe find out something I didn't know about Islam.

Besides, I feel sorry for the owners of the buildings/businesses immediately surrounding that area.  They're the ones that are going to suffer from the vigilantes (ie: people who can't control themselves)...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen