Author Topic: General Thread For This and That!!....  (Read 135782 times)

Offline ttwjr32

Re: General Thread For This and That!!....
« Reply #600 on: October 19, 2010, 11:50:01 pm »
What about the legalities of this? Since it is illegal here in China to do this? Introduce for marriage
to a western man? These kind of agencies are not allowed so wouldnt that set them up for many
problems??

Paul Todd

« Reply #601 on: October 19, 2010, 11:59:05 pm »
I don't know for sure Ted, but I would think that the Chnlove agency here has a licence to introduce western guys to Chinese ladies or at the very least have connections to make this happen without any consequences. ::)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #602 on: November 01, 2010, 04:26:33 pm »
This is a little weird.  :o

Front End Loader Stoppie

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #603 on: November 01, 2010, 04:30:32 pm »
Plastic back into the oil it came from.

Not surprised at this at all, just a case of Japanese ingenuity and perseverance.

Sound is all in Japanese.  Just read the subtitles and watch. What a great discovery!

http://www.flixxy.com/convert-plastic-to-oil.htm

Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #604 on: November 01, 2010, 07:29:05 pm »
Plastic back into the oil it came from.

Not surprised at this at all, just a case of Japanese ingenuity and perseverance.

Been doing that here in NZ for a few years now... Hardly a japanese monopoly.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #605 on: November 01, 2010, 07:51:57 pm »
Hahaha

If you believe that...can you lend me $1 million !!!!

Somebody gonna get heavily conned here...it is impossible to get oil out of heated/molten plastic. !!!!

If it were that simple, we would have no garbage at all.

To "un-polymerise" plastics is horribly more sophisticated than this, the energy required to go back even to a monomer is horrendous...and to further refine this to a usable oil is beyond modern technology. Its all been tried before and it dont work !!! In any case, this guy is mixing many different types of plastic in his "wonder machine" and this makes it even more impossible

Sorry to be the cynic here....

David

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #606 on: November 01, 2010, 08:15:05 pm »
David E,

It is ok for you to be the cynic here. I just passed along the link from an e-mail I got yesterday.

Dave C

Offline shaun

« Reply #607 on: November 01, 2010, 08:37:21 pm »
You know they are running vehicles on oils used for frying foods like french fries.  I am waiting until the invent a process where they can run engines on french fries.   Now that is a worth while invention.  I'd buy that.   ;D 8)

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #608 on: November 02, 2010, 12:16:03 am »

Somebody gonna get heavily conned here...it is impossible to get oil out of heated/molten plastic. !!!!

Heat it in a sealed container, the volitiles will break down and outgas, siphon some off to run the burners heating the chamber and direct the rest to a catalytic cracker like used to create gasoline from natural gas and methane.

Eventually you will be left with a hard solid mass of carbonised ex plastic, combustion waste products from the burner, and gasoline.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #609 on: November 02, 2010, 02:08:31 am »
Kiwi

The only volatiles left in plastic containers etc. is about 1 to 2 % of unreacted monomer, left over from the initial polymerisation process
used to make the thermoplastic in the first place.

To then use catalytic cracking on this piddling amount of monomer is wildly uneconomic and would yield less than 1% of the original weight
of feed-stock.

What you will get IF you could afford to "crack" it (energywise) would be wickedly toxic...mostly due to the formation of cyanides from the fracture of the Benzene rings and other cyclic
hydrocarbons. It would contain microscopic amount of "safe" long chain or cyclic aromatics (oil type chemicals)

The reside, as you say would be carbonised ex-plastic which would also be toxic and contaminated...a deadly mess of part-carbonised, part fractionated chemical sludge.....a nightmare for disposal.

If you used much of this in Kiwi Land, then you would all end up with two heads...or some such genetic disorders (!!!!!!!!!!!)...mmmmmm ???

David  ;D ;D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #610 on: November 02, 2010, 02:10:01 am »
Well it did look a little like th Mr Fusion from "Back to the Future" What do you think?

You got that exactly right Vince  ;D ;D

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #611 on: November 02, 2010, 02:36:00 am »
You know, Guys...

Because I am so old, I even remember the days BEFORE we had computers and the "Internet"  ;D ;D ;D

When these wonder machines first came onto the scene, we were dead wary of them...we had a saying

"Crap in...crap out"

ie we recognised that although computers dont make mistakes, what we got out of them was not necessarily true, because the output data was always vulnerable to input errors !!

Much like the old slide-rule (bet not many of you can still use a slide-rule  ;D ;D )..you needed to more or less know the answer before you worked it out.

Now that the "Internet" and computers have assumed such a dominant place in our lives, the old saying has changed to...

"Crap in...Gospel out"

We are tempted to believe almost anything if it appears on the Net, or if it came from a computer via Google, Wickepedia, Face book etc etc..

I am sure we all know the way it goes....

" This nice Gentleman in Nigeria has promised to give me $5 million if I just give him my Bank Account number so he has somewhere to put it !!!
...goodbye Bank Funds...and so many people still fall for this and uncountable other scams...

Maybe we recognise "Hello Darling, I am a nubile, 19 year old Hottie from Russia/China/Ukraine/Thailand or such, and I am looking for a wise older Man to share passionate nights and
wonderful days forever...please send air-fare and Visa costs to........"

And still they get oodles of money from guys who believe this junk !!

Almost as bad is the letter from Changsha Love Bridge  ;D ;D ;D...get my drift ??

Makes my old heart bleed...because once apon a time, I believed it too !!!...but that was in the years BB (before Brotherhood)

David

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #612 on: November 02, 2010, 05:33:35 am »
Kiwi
If you used much of this in Kiwi Land, then you would all end up with two heads...or some such genetic disorders (!!!!!!!!!!!)...mmmmmm ???

David  ;D ;D

You must be thinking of Reefton ;)

Most solid containers et al just gets shredded then ground/powdered and remelted into pellets, which get fed back into the plastics manufacture process as raw materials. But there are companies successfully managing to make a profit from turning old plastics like rural bale wrap from baleage on farms into economical supplies of diesel.

I'm no industrial chemist, but if they can make a profit out of turning old plastic into new fuel, that's got to be better than just pumping a new barrel out of the ground. 

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #613 on: November 02, 2010, 08:20:27 am »
Well it did look a little like th Mr Fusion from "Back to the Future" What do you think?

Almost forgot about that Vince!

Dave C

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #614 on: November 02, 2010, 08:44:03 pm »
Isn't it amazing things that we saw in Movies 25+ years ago. They were suppose to be funny then, and they are real now.
In the movie Demolition Man from 1992 I think, they refer to Arnold Schwarzenegger as being the President of the US.
17 year later he is the Governer of California.
I have often wondered how many things we would not have now if the idea had not been sparked in Hollywood.  Good and Bad
Jimmy Henson