Author Topic: General Thread For This and That!!....  (Read 135684 times)

Offline mustfocus

Re: General Thread For This and That!!....
« Reply #630 on: December 16, 2010, 05:53:40 pm »
Can we help it if the guy didn't think about the consequences of playing a "pimp daddy" character?  Yup, that'd be a great role model for our youth...  :o

Besides, if he really wanted to be a police officer, he would have given more thought to what he was doing at the time...

Personally, I have quite a few reservations about people in combat type sports going over to law enforcement careers... But that's another time and another story...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline shaun

« Reply #631 on: December 16, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »
First I meant it as a joke but if what we did when we were 23 were the deciding factor as to determine if we are qualified or not to be a roll model for our youth then most men would not be qualified.

I don't think he was even thinking about being a police officer at 23 and again if we were to look into the past of most of the police officers they would not become one.  Now let me qualify a little.  Criminal activity should automatically disqualify a person.  Bad choices made in youth should not.

Oh never mind.   I could go on but what is the point.

It was only suppose to be humor.  :-\

Arnold

« Reply #632 on: December 20, 2010, 06:31:40 pm »
I don't know .. if any of you feel the same as me ?
I really miss updates ( Here or in Blog ) from Sly / Irish  / Chong / Kenny / R. Ritter and a few more , that have their Wife's with them . It seems , if not for Martin and myself through our Blog's .. it would be pretty silent here .. what's happening after the Paperwork . Seeing other's Ride into the Sunset .. never to be heard of again .. makes me think ? Maybe it's time for me to do the same .

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #633 on: December 20, 2010, 07:27:09 pm »
I for one would be sad to see you go Arnold. I do miss seeing the updates from others too. I hope you stick around for a while longer Arnold.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #634 on: December 20, 2010, 08:11:33 pm »
It would be a baa Humbug of a Christmas if you decide to pack it in Arnold. Although I also miss the others postings, we still have the two of you and Paul Todd and Maxx posting regularly.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #635 on: December 20, 2010, 10:02:13 pm »
Believe Me , it would be strange and an empty feeling not coming here among all the Brother's .. on the other Hand .. it doesn't seem fair for two / three open upand keep the updates coming .. while other's go silent . I know , some prefer privacy .. but are we not a Brotherhood and sharing most everything ( good and bad )?
What this Forums needs is just this kind of updates .. between all the questions from newbee's and experienced .. to not let it go stale . As most of you know , I spend a lot of time here and there are day's it is totally dead around here .. I find myself looking into the Chnlove Forum and you know how badly that Sucks over there . Anyway , just getting this of my Chest .. of how I feel certain day's coming here . So don't mind my Blah..Blah ..Blah too much .

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #636 on: December 20, 2010, 10:12:01 pm »
Oi !!!!!....what about me ?????

I post regularly...but only when I have something to say...and I posted an update about me and Ming last week.  ;D ;D ;D

Arnold...you and the Mods are the glue that keep all of this together...you cant think about deserting us..... :-[ :-[

If you do your bit in helping other Bros get to the Altar, or to the Fiance Visa stage...then your life has not been in vain !!!

Dont even think about jumping ship

Regards...David

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #637 on: December 20, 2010, 10:48:06 pm »
Arnold I can understand how you feel. I sometimes wonder once my wife is here how often I would frequent these sacred halls. It does seem that the ones who need this place the most - the newbees and those waiting for the visa process - are the ones filled with energy and questions.

For those whose ship has arrived, it seems this port of call is no longer needed to harbour there doubts, and thus they silently steal away. But I also wonder if sometimes the silence might be if because the relationship ended upon treacherous shores and shame has stilled the tongue. If this is somtimes the case, as you so rightly mentioned, it still would be a learning that others can draw knowledge from.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline halfpint

« Reply #638 on: December 20, 2010, 11:01:31 pm »
Arnold. being a newbie here, I have to tell you this.  I spent a lot of time looking at the forum before I joined.  It was input like yours that made me decide to sign up.  The long time posters here have experience that guys like me can learn from.  For what it's worth, I hope you stick around.

Alan
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Arnold

« Reply #639 on: December 20, 2010, 11:12:37 pm »
David / Rhonald believe me , I want to see nothing less here .. then to see everyone of you succeed to where their Ship pulls into the Harbor of Love .
As I always told Qing back then .. Shanghai shi wo ai de gang wan ! One of my first sentence's I've learned from my LaoPo . I guess , one of the problems for me is .. the waiting with you all .. when I'm finished doing that . It's sad to see ones Bro go through this and you are the front-runner in this waiting Game . It will be a relief when I see you holding your Wife on Canadian Soil . Same goes to you David ! :)

Arnold

« Reply #640 on: December 20, 2010, 11:20:45 pm »
Arnold. being a newbie here, I have to tell you this.  I spent a lot of time looking at the forum before I joined.  It was input like yours that made me decide to sign up.  The long time posters here have experience that guys like me can learn from.  For what it's worth, I hope you stick around.

Alan

I know , us Old Timers are here to help/give back to other's and this is why I'm here sharing . Sometimes it just get's .. BORING !!!

Offline halfpint

« Reply #641 on: December 20, 2010, 11:32:05 pm »
Yeah, I can understand that, I'm sure we've all been on sites in the past that we don't use anymore.  I hope I get to the same stage on this one  :)
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #642 on: December 21, 2010, 12:40:43 am »
Hahaha Arnold

I hope you dont get to see anyone holding MY wife on Canadian soil...because firstly, it will probably be Rhonald (and we all know what that would mean for her !!) and secondly, that something had gone horribly wrong with my Visa application !!!

Just joking  ;D ;D...I know what you mean.

But Rhonald makes a good point...how many Bros who have done the journey, dont post because they crashed and burned with their relationship. I imagine it would be difficult to come back and post about such a disaster.

On the other hand, lets hope that the reason they dont post anymore is because they are too busy in Paradise !!!

Either which way, all of us here can only do what we think is best for ourselves and our fellow travellers.

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #643 on: December 21, 2010, 01:29:17 am »
The advice from the pages of this site have given me more information and encouragement than talking to all the people who "think they know" ever could.

It takes guts to talk about failures, in my case I was almost embarrassed to type that I had failed in getting married, but if it helps just one brother in the future then I am happy to talk about it, but all in all nothing that can not be resolved.

To anyone thinking of drifting away, what type of changes/pages would you like to see that is not about the girls?  Some ideas may flash up some interesting topics.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #644 on: December 21, 2010, 08:58:01 am »
Hey guys,

Yes there has been a drop in postings, but we are also in a unique position where the majority of people are currently in the married or already with your love.  But there are a few of here who are single and still looking.  Hopefully that'll pick up soon.

I'm still around, just not really in a position to post a lot lately.  Between a new job and my lady's emails, I'm kind of locked down at the moment.  I will be heading to Taiwan next month to go see my lady (and clear out my previous vacation time) and at that point I will have an update or three... and due to a policy at work, I'll be forced to take my vacation time next year so I hopefully will have a few more updates.  And if my lady is lucky enough with her career for the upcoming year, then things will get very interesting with lots of posts.  I've kept my relationship pretty much on the lowdown as I'm not the type to make my life THAT public.

Regardless, I'll still be around with some useless tidbits of information...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen