Author Topic: RULES.......take 2  (Read 11293 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
RE: RULES.......take 2
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 10:27:41 pm »
Quote from: 'David E' pid='23665' dateline='1258858114'

Quote from: 'RegnisTheGreat' pid='23642' dateline='1258846107'

Quoting Proteus for the ladies the low risks are:

stable and frequent EMFs exchange,
high quality EMF writing,
eagerness for meeting,
confirmed air-tickets before meeting ( to make sure the man is coming only for her),

Each of those is a positive income for the agency. So low risk for ladies is the same as more money for the agency.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking ?????:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Sorry guys but am I missing something here? I understand that these statements from Proteus is pointing others into thinking about being scammed because the agency will make more money.

But any corporation will try to maximize  profit. Most corporations will cut corners if they can. So yes the list Proteus mentioned will increase Chnlove's profit. Success and fraud both will make money. The agencies want to make money - we all have no doubt about this. But is the attitude here that we think the agencies do not care for success?

I think most agencies wish for the mutual success of profits and marriages as successful marriages drive their business. And I can also see the value of Proteus's statement in regards to the women's view of the man writing her. She wants and needs some sign of commitment from the man. Proteus is not saying to stay on EMF's for ever he is just pointing the general direction of the women's that instills confidence.

So somewhere in between her wishing a sign of commitment and our need for validity lies the answer into how soon to not use EMF's. I can tell you that once invented, a universal translator such as seen in Star Trek, or that fish we put in our ear (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) will we finally do away with the need for EMF's.

You can tell I am pro Translator, and yes I was one of the lucky ones, but I always got a kick out of the lovely prose that Cyrano de Bergerac  scripted and I became dear friends with my translator. Maybe he did add some fluff to my letters, but then again, do you guys not think that I did not do the same? :angel:

Sorry to once again bring economics to the disscussion, but I remember reading how statistics point to Realtors holding onto their own homes on average for 10 days longer to make a couple of thousand dollars more. It was shown that even though they supposedly worked for us, it was in their better interest to entice us into a quicker sale. Because the extra amount they would make in commission did not warrant their extra time. So once again it comes down to Incentive. If we can understand the incentive then we will not always only see - fraud.

So I agree totaly with Proteus. Chnlove is not a chess match (at least I have some skill in this), but rather a luck of the roll. I got lucky while others played that other game Craps and did not.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 11:08:45 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 01:11:51 am »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='23681' dateline='1258869878'
I just don't believe, that people need to be mislead(agency/translator) in this venture! And there is a HUGE difference between fluff and lies!!!

I totally agree with this and the rest BB posted. Wouldn't it be better to let the man know the woman isn't interested and send profiles from that agency (so they still have the man's interest?). It's the same thing they do when you are there and find the woman has no interest.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:13:13 am by Vince G »

David5o

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 07:34:02 am »
Vince, Jim,

The agency will not let a paying punter off the hook that easily, if the lady is not interested in writing to the guy, the translator will do it for her, while also sending out more Ad mails to other prospective men for the lady.....

But you are both quite right, it's just that the Chinese view on business is not the same as ours. They will always chase that last RMB out of any situation. Tomorrow is another day in there business outlook, this goes for the major companies right down to the local stall holder....

This is one of the more important items that needs consideration when defining your proposed rules.......

David.....

Vince G

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2009, 10:11:13 am »
We are talking of the same thing here. I may be wrong here but I view business as business no matter what country or culture there is. The bate and switch always pissed me off, and mostly I would back away from any such deal. Letting them know of my disappointment with some choice words. But that's me. I walk into a car dealership to buy a car, the first thing I tell them is "Lets not start off with any BS. I want what I want and lets take it from there."

I've altered my life just to show some insurance company they aren't going to screw me over. I'm not running the topic off track with a ME thing. I'm just trying to get across how I view everything. So seeing these agencies do business in this off handed way doesn't make business sense to me.

Simply, (and I hope they are reading this) if a woman you have an interest in does not feel the same for whatever reason? It is a kind of bate and switch but a different kind. If the lady isn't interested they should offer others that may match. After all it is a Match Maker business isn't it? If done correctly you would stay with the agency writing those EMF's. Instead they hide behind the monitor acting out relationships? Only to find this out when you go half way around the world to meet such a woman. THEN they offer others? I think this will piss off any guy more then doing it in the beginning.

There real money maker is a real meeting with a woman. Not the EMF pocket change. What is more of an income? Making the 30-40000 RMB with the EMF income or making a few hundred just on EMF's?

Maybe my view on business practices is rare these days but maybe this is why I always did one job and got calls for two more and it keeps coming in this way till there is a mountain of customers happily giving references. It's all pretty simple, this is the price and this is what I will do for it. If I can't do it this way I will do this. No Games.

Lets say I am going to do a job for $2000. USD. I take a deposit of $100.00 and disappear? Yes, I made a $100. but I could have made $1900. more if I did the job? This is the business practices I can't understand? If the agencies want to make money, do the job.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2009, 11:11:33 am »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='23681' dateline='1258869878'

As I read this, I need to ask, one question. What happened to truth and honesty? This is to everybodys benefit! This is the #1, biggest problem, everybody is having!

Truth and Honesty is a nice idea. But this is how we wish the world to be. Economics studies how the world really is. There has to be an incentive. For most situations we can understand that truth and honesty can benifit us. Since not all use truth and honesty, then economist try to dig deep and see what benifit the people have when they pursue certain strategies.

As an example they told of a daycare service in Israel that had on average 6 sets of parents picking up their children late every week. To correct this they sent a letter to the guardians saying that for now on a $5.00 late fee would be charged each time a child was picked up late. They thought that with this penalty, it would fix the problem.

But to the dismay of the agency, and the 3 daycares they had implimented the late fee, now on average they had 20 sets of parents collecting their children late. What was the incentive for the parents? Well by studying the situation it was found out that guilt made a lot of parents gather their childeren on time. But now by having to pay a penalty it removed the guilt. Also the penalty fee was low enough that paying a babysitter was comparable to the penalty.

So the word of caution was to be carefull of what incentive you set because you never know how people will respond.
I find it will be difficult to set rules to control for this. In chess certain principles will allow you to be a better player (develope your pieces, control the center) even Poker has some principals that can be applied to increase your odds. But these are games that we play against other competitors. Games like slot machines are a crap shoot. The house wins with these games. So if we think Chnlove is like a slot machine, then my advice is don't play.

In our game called Chnlove, we have 5 players. And their Standard possible Incentives:

Player 1 Us - To find our soul mate (or Sole mate when hunting for red shoes :icon_biggrin:)
     Player 2 The Lady in Red - To find her man
     Player 3 The Agency - Their big payoff is the marriage contract fee. The small stream of EMF's cash is nice but the big payoff is the contract fee. So they would want speedy results.
     Player 4 Chnlove - They get money from store gifts purchases and multiple EMF's streams. Their best interest is for longterm letter exchanges
     Player 5 The Translator - Keep his job

Now with any one of the 5 players or combination we could have a slight collusion of alterior motives. For these motives, there would need to be an incentive. And don't be so narrow minded to just think it is only about the Money. Money is a great incentive but other things can motivate anyone of the players to be playing an other type of game.

But I do understand that the jest of this thread is to establish rules. The number one rule of any game is to understand that we are in a game. And the Economist would say that rule number 2 would be to identify the players and establish their motives. So please don't scream FRAUD when this unfortunate strategy is part of the game. I don't like it either, but then I also detest Christiano Ronaldo when he takes a dive from a puff of wind (although he is my favorite player to watch)

As a side note: If a reader from Pfishy came here to read this posting - I bet at no time he would hint that maybe I was being paid by Chnlove to preach the gospel.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:13:24 pm by Rhonald »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2009, 12:06:15 pm »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='23731' dateline='1258906709'

Rhonald,

Very good point! I understand this, completely...the sad fact: they tread on hearts! Even, as we write these things, these agency's DON'T CARE! So, by my guess, this thread is pointless...just use common sense caution, when dealing with these leaches! :idea:

Jim

I agree with you but it doesn't just end with "These Agencies". Any corporation during good times have smiles on their faces, but during economic downtimes - when the axe swings - they are ruthless. Common sense and caution is what life should be dealt with and not just here. But common sense has a price that is not always measured in cents. Thanks for sharring with your wisdom - it is after all priceless :icon_biggrin:

Just finished reading the Mr Anonymous in Changsha thread and now leaning the other way. Yes when our hearts are on a string it doesn't take much of a snip
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:26:23 pm by Rhonald »

Offline Philip

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 01:48:06 pm »
OK David,
after a lot of discussion about how unscrupulous some of the agencies are and a few other issues that we have known for a long time and are beyond our control, I suggest you go ahead and do a draft of the guide. I'm sure you'll find the right words and the right tone. Then if it needs tweaking, we can all have a look at it.
Then we can have a useful guide for newbies and others to the potential risks and pitfalls that may face them, especially going to China for the first time. People can use this to work out what it is in their control to do, rather than try and explain the business rationale of the agencies.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 05:19:53 pm »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='23731' dateline='1258906709'

Rhonald,

Very good point! I understand this, completely...the sad fact: they tread on hearts! Even, as we write these things, these agency's DON'T CARE! So, by my guess, this thread is pointless...just use common sense caution, when dealing with these leaches! :idea:

Jim

Jim

Are you saying that the thread, to try to put something in writing to help Newbies make informed decisions, is pointless ??

If you are, and it is a common view from Bros, then I can save myself a lot of typing :):):)

Yes "they" appear to tread on hearts, but that is our opinion because it is our hearts that got trod on !!!...."they" wouldn't see it that way !!

Rhonald

Probably not the place for us to debate Economic Theory and the Marketing Matrix....but it gets a bit hazy if we recognise here that the "product" is not tangible...and has an almost infinite variation on the "value for money" outcome. The perception of value is not a clear definition, in every case.......(as it would be if we are buying a TV (product) or a meal in a restaraunt (product and service) or getting a tooth fixed (service)).

However, I will "ave a go at a draft"......but there is one more step:

Would every bro who is interested...and please Guys...lets have a big percentage of members contribute here.......do the following

Please post ONE key point in Your opinion that is important to consider when you begin your search for your Chinese Princess.

No more than 12 words each point !!!

David

Offline Philip

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 06:02:42 pm »
David,

I can't keep to 12 words, but here goes my contribution.

DON'T HIDE UNDER THE BED! If things go wrong, get out of the hotel, be pro-active, contact an agency, meet people

(This was the most useful piece of advice anyone gave me.)

Alex

Offline David K

• Yan Wang xxxx
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 06:33:14 pm »
Be kind hearted, honest and unafraid to love. This is what you will meet :icon_biggrin:
Nothing Real can be threatened; nothing unreal exists

Offline maxx

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2009, 06:35:22 pm »
24 hour rule live it love it learn it.

Back up plan name adress telephone number of agency in city you will be visiting.

if you dont have plans to go to China in 4 months.Don't write the ladies.

Heads up eyes open all the time
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:36:15 pm by maxx »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2009, 08:48:10 pm »
Be outgoing and friendly

Offline maxx

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2009, 11:29:43 pm »
Different country different customs.

Offline Hans

• Once you go Asian you never go Caucasian
    • http://motpol.blogspot.com
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 06:24:41 am »
Be open to the woman about your inner thoughts, including your doubts.

David5o

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 07:59:06 am »
A few brief awareness's that come to mind.....

1/ Be aware, all that is written in EMF'S is not always what your lady has written.

2/ Don't fall in love with photo's and words on paper (or screen).

3/ Don't let your heart rule your head until you have at least met face to face.

4/ Don't rely on EMF's alone, Some form of direct contact is a MUST!!

5/ Always have some form of back-up plan in place on first trips to China.

6/ Use all your commonsense and your life experiences to help you guide yourself
    through your journey to finding that special lady.

David.....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 07:59:38 am by David5o »