Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 131494 times)

Offline maxx

Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #405 on: February 02, 2011, 01:00:50 am »
Arnold I don't know what to tell you.Just keep after them I guess.It took me 20 minutes to get my wife's Id Card.They told me in the first place they weren't going to issue her one.I told the lady that they were going to issue her one.And if she didn't know how to do it.She needed to get her supervisor.15 minutes latter we walked out the door.With my wife's new Id card.

With a civil servant you have to put your foot up there ass.Or they can give you the run around for months.Just go in there tell them you want your wife's driver's license.When they start running off the lame excuses.You tell the counter person you want to see the supervisor now.Then they are going to tell you that the supervisor is out of the office.Tell them you will Waite.( this is very important while you are waiting you need to look very angry.Keep mad dogging the counter person) about this time two things are going to happen.The supervisor shows up.Or security shows up.If security shows up.Stand up and mad dog them.Security is there to intimidate you.That is all.As long as you are not causing a scene there is nothing they can do.The supervisor will be along shortly.

When the supervisor comes.Explain to him or her what the problem is.Explain to him/her the steps that you have taken.Tell them how mad and disappointed you are with CA. MVD. I'm sure this will work.As long as you haven't threatened anybody with violence.Or cussed at any of there employees.Remember to take all the proof that Qing has taken and passed all the tests.

If this approach is to rough for you.Go into DMV again and ask for Qing's license.When they start giving you the run around again.Start taking down names.And what department they work for.Tell them your lawyer will be contacting them.I bet this problem gets solved soon.Nobody wants to get drug into a lawsuit over a drivers licence.And loose there cushy job.That has such great benefits and retirement.

If you go with option one.You need to look the part.Wear a t-shirt un tucked. a pair of jeans that have stains.And a pair of boots.That have oil and mud on them.Don't shave for a couple of days.And have a look on your face like somebody said something nasty to Qing.You will get results if you play the part right.

If they try to run that immigration has put a hold on Qings licence.Have them show you documentation.Get a copy of the documentation.Of the hold.Have them explain to you why.Qing wasn't notified.Arnold I agree with your lawyer.This has nothing to do with immigration.DMV's computer crashed.And lost Qing's information.And nobody wants to help you because they don't think they make enough money to help you.

Also I just thought of this.If you haven't adjusted Qing's status.DMV is under no obligation to issue Qing a driver's license.Qing is still a foreign national.With no rights.To American services

Arnold

« Reply #406 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:52 pm »
Thanks Vince /Maxx !

Maxx , it isn't that easy as you say . First of all , the DMV is not responsible anymore for the Issuance Dept. putting a Hold on it . That Dept. is in Sacramento and all I can do is Call and as I have said .. if they feel like answering you get somebody . Do they know how to help you , is anybody's guess .
 Immigration can get involved !

Vehicle Code Section 12801.5 ( a & b ) it states this . They claim , they don't have enough/satisfactory proof if applicant's presence in the US is authorized under Fed Law .

They ask for Qing's Green Card again and I send it .. just don'ty know if they got it now .. since nobody can be reached ?

I just keep calling and hope I get this Person ( Roni ) who took over the paperwork . Maybe before Lightning strikes me , Qing will get her Lic.

Arnold

« Reply #407 on: February 03, 2011, 05:41:55 pm »
So I finally got somewhere with these People , after someone answered the Phone after trying all morning .
The problem started when Guangzhou ( Amer. Consulate ) made the mistake with Qing's name .

It should have read : Dusch-Chu Qing
They made it : Dusch-Zhu Qing

this confused some of the paperwork naturally , which is understandable . So when Qing came here and received her Green Card .. it was of course " Zhu " still . So back to the Lawyer and ask for a new one with the correct name on it . Not to be charged $ 495 for the mistake they made , I had to proof it was them . Awwwwh .. all they see is Money for everything . Beat them at that Game through , no charge .

So this was straightened out with Immigration ! But this seems  now to come back and Haunt us again .. as these Government Dept. just don't work together to see the correction that was done about this .

Also , as I was told .. it will still take between 60 - 90 day's ( for which we have an extention ) for finally to have it in Hand .

Oh I hope so .

Arnold

« Reply #408 on: February 26, 2011, 10:17:20 pm »
I thought , I post how my Birthday went .. with one simple Photo that says it all . A great finish for a wonderful day with my LaoPo .

Vince G

« Reply #409 on: February 26, 2011, 11:58:04 pm »
So it looks like you got a little "tail" with your cake?   ;)

Offline halfpint

« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2011, 04:25:08 am »
May we all have a similar 58th!
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline shaun

« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2011, 06:50:39 am »
Vince, you naughty boy, you know Arnold it to old for such foolery.  ;D

Arnold

« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2011, 12:30:12 pm »
Shaun .. too old for nothing .. haha

It was a wonderful day ( did even my Taxes and survived ) . Today , we continue with a Champagne Brunch with our Neighbor and Friends . I go by Chinese Custom .. celebrate a minimum of five day's !!  :)

PS: I don't know why two photo's are showing ?

Arnold

« Reply #413 on: March 02, 2011, 11:57:08 pm »
Being Proud of my LaoPo .

She may not have received her ( earned ) Driver's License yet in the Mail , but she is Cruising the Street's of our Hometown . Most remarkable thing is , People are not scared anymore when she's out there . haha

She's now been Driving herself around Town for about seven months and I do often let her Drive , when we are together . I honestly , can just sit back and enjoy what my Sweetheart has learned in such a short time frame .

Starting out with my little Toyota Pick-up with a .. no less then 512,000 miles on it now , with original Motor still going strong . In a way , I was waiting for Qing to get more use to the SUV , so I can have my Truck back . Want after all , put a million Miles on it . I like this Truck , it has also build-in Sat. Radio for listening to no other than Howard Stern in the morning on the way to work .

Anyway , so she is driving now the last few day's the bigger Car and I feel better about it .. because it's a safer Car with all the Airbags & Power everything .

Oh .. one other thing like to mention , is Qing experienced her first road emergency . Which was kind of my fault , not keeping to Gas Tank full , when the Gauge works only from FULL-1/2 FULL .. then drops to Empty . So she ran out of Gas and of all things .. while going Shopping for my Birthday Present . Good thing I have AAA Auto Club . But my poor LaoPo , I can imagine this happening for the first time to someone and not knowing whats next . But she did pull the Car of the major Road into a side Street , to wait for the Tow-Truck with Gas .

After all this going down , well ... I still came Home to a nice Dinner .. but a few stare-downs and mmmmh's .
We do look at it now as a Lesson learned and not only for my LaoPo .

As you can see , I still Live to write this .  ;)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #414 on: March 03, 2011, 01:13:30 am »
What a well written update Arnold. I am glad you put the pedal to the metal and wrote down your latest antics. I am flabberGASted by the result. I hope I am not adding fuel to the fire in saying you better be prepared for the next flare up  ::) TANKfully no-one was hurt.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:17:07 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #415 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:25 am »
You sure have a way with Words , now it's a shame one can not do this in/with Chinese Character's . But then again , you might be the first to do it !  ::) 8)

Offline halfpint

« Reply #416 on: March 03, 2011, 09:34:15 pm »
512,000 miles.  I have two Toyota vehicles.  Based on the amount I drive, to get to 512,000 miles will take 24 years for the older vehicle and over 30 years for the newer vehicle.  I love the idea of never having to buy another vehicle.  I might make this a goal of mine!
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Arnold

« Reply #417 on: March 04, 2011, 11:10:13 am »
Alan , My Truck is a '88 with a 22RE Engine ( one of the best from Toyota ) . 512,000 isn't to much here in Souther Calif. , that averages out at ONLY 22,000+ a Year . I live 44 Miles from my Work , so almost 100 each working day . Also worked for the local Newspaper for over ten years as a Warehouse Manager with 24 Carrier's to take care of , to save to buy a House . That put on the Miles like crazy , at seven day's a week . Oh .. I'm so glad that is over . All I know , I would have NOT made this kind of Mileage on any other Car Make .

I give you and other's a Hint of what I do , when this Truck started to burn more Oil than I liked . I drain the Engine Oil and replace it with nothing but ATF Fluid and drive it about a 100 Miles , then drain it while its Hot and replace the Filter of course . You should see now how it looks like new under that Valvecover and Bingo .. uses very little Oil after that treatment .. as sticking Rings are loose again .. valvestems seals are lubricated and soft again .. so this seams to work great for me . This is NOT something we do for our Customers , even though we been ask many time to do it for them . Let them do it themselves , just in case their Engine takes an unexpected dump due to other things .

Vince G

« Reply #418 on: March 04, 2011, 12:57:01 pm »
Yeah we use to use a quart of kerosene in the oil for about the same 100 miles and then drain the oil and replace it (and filter). Volvo (when I worked there) had high milage cars come in all the time just for tuneups and oil change. I worked on the highest milage volvo recorded I think it was 500k+ then (1976). I only had one motor go down in all the vehicles I had. Most fall apart with other problems (windows don't open, etc) but the motors kept going.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:59:01 pm by Vince G »

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #419 on: March 04, 2011, 07:23:02 pm »
I like some Japanese cars for reliability, SOME I said, Mitsubishis tend to eat their auto gearboxes reguarly, Hondas are fine for an old granny and will last for ages if not pushed, but put your foot down and drive spiritedly and they blow up.

I'm basicly down to Isuzu Diesels, and Nissan and Toyotas.

My '96 Nissan Serena van with the SR20DE motor is ticking on at 295,xxxKm and the '85 Hilux toyota with the 2 litre 3Y motor is at 289,xxxKm.

I'll sell these to my mother and sister for a coin or two, just enough to make it a legal transaction with exchange of value, just before heading over to China, No point in paying a years licensing fees and WOF (Warrant of Fitness, like the UK MOT) on cars I won't be driving.
I can always pick up a cheap car when I get back again :P