Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128306 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
RE: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2009, 10:17:26 am »
Of course she won their hearts.  She just needs to be herself.  Did you show her where the washer and dryer were?  No more washing in the sink.  She must have been thrilled.
 I think the speed of the car will probably frighten her at first.  At least in Beijing when on the expressway they do not go that fast and in the city of course the traffic.  I think it is a good thing to let her have her own pace at that.  Plus if she did not drive in China she will not have a lot of bad habits to break.  That is what i told Mrs. Burk.  She was thinking of learning to drive before she came but I told her no. I mean she let me tell her no. lol.  Keep up the thread, it is interesting for us to learn.  Thank you for being open about it all.

Mr. & Mrs. Burk
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2009, 12:01:35 pm »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='24217' dateline='1259507846'

Did you show her where the washer and dryer were?  No more washing in the sink.  She must have been thrilled.

Haha Jim , she still does her " Special " garments in the Sink .. every night before going to Bed and I watch her from the Bed doing it . I feel kind of sorry for her at that moment , as she really get's down to really clean them . It is of course do to the Hygiene , to put these with other (regular) clothes to wash . That makes a lot of sence to me also , she is right there and I'm not going to say Stop that . I did the Bed this morning and was she shocked how fast I did that . :angel:
Well , out for Breakfast now and with the Car she'll be using . She has never driven in Shanghai , yes ... that does help alot ... as to start from scratch . Good point you had there Jim . What my driving concern's , I'm passed my Speeding day's , 75 is top's for me . If she feels any way uncomfrotable with this , I'll slow down some for her . I'm in no mood to frighten her . :heart:

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2009, 01:09:59 pm »
Once again Arnold you are preceding me, leading me on in excitment of what to expect with my wife's arrival. You have just earned the scout merit badge in pathfinding :icon_cool:

And pass on my full welcome to Qing to the new world. I see she has had no troubles impressing the neighbours with her old world charm.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:13:11 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2009, 02:38:36 pm »
75? that's the minium speed right? :)

Chet Sams

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2009, 04:10:45 pm »
Just make sure she doesnt get the skill to drive as a californian. Less of those the better we can all sleep at night. hehehe

Arnold

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2009, 09:34:50 am »
HI Guy's , a up-date how things are going so far .
As this will be my third day back at work and my LaoPo is pretty much by herself during the day , without a Car to go anywhere . I feel bad about this of course ,leaving her at home ... as I can not get my Mind of her at Work .. of how she is copping with this all ? I did get her the study-book from the DMV to take the written test and then the driving test . So my Qing is spending some of the time reading and listening to Music and learning English with her new Translator . Which by the way , put's my Franklin translator to shame . I don't know what brand it is .. but I have not seen this one here anywhere yet .
Otherwise , it is so great when arriving home after work for both of us .. to have each other each and every day . The great chinese Dinner's that await's me are just out of the world . Taking about feeling like back in Shanghai ?
This Saturday we will be going to my Sister in-law , to meet her and her Family and then going to the Chinese Garden that is just about completed ( Hunnington Garden's ) to spend the rest of the afternoon there . That should be very nice day for all of us . I will have my Sweetheart post on her own , if and when she is ready to do so .

Arnold

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2009, 04:49:16 pm »
Ahhhh...what more can I say , but Life is GOOD !

To get my Sweetheart out of the House on Friday , I dropped her off at my Aunt's house .. to spend the day with her and have some Company . My Aunt took Qing to Hollywood and than came to my Workplace as I was just about ready to call it a day . Qing and I than drove to the Asain Market again , for some Food shopping . As passing the Dishware and Tea set's , I could not resist to buy a set of chinese Dishes , Bowl's , Tea set and just about everything that belonged with it . This place turns out to be another Costco , $ 200 - 300 dollar's everytime :-/ .
Saturday , as mentioned before .. we visited my Sister in-law in Pasadena ( she loved that City by the way ) . I took my Sister in-law and her Husband out for Lunch at P.F. Chang's , to see .. what I concider the best Chinese Food here in the LA area and to see how Qing like's that . She was very pleased of the great Food and the Guy she was with :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: . Spend the rest of the Day , sightseeing Pasadena and get Dessert .
Grerat day for both of us .
On Sunday , we did our first Yard clean-up together . Picking up all the leaves in front and back . Then , it was time to put up some Christmas light's on the House , which she was eager to help me . She really does not want me to work too hard at anything , which is of course greatly appreciated by me .
After all this , we started to put up the X-mas tree also and then ... we shared the chore of making Dinner . That is something , I all of a sudden enjoy so much more . I guess , it's just being beside Her ... that it doesn't even seem like work . After Dinner , I told Qing ... I now will perform a Tea Ceremony
(chinese way) for you , that I have studied on CCTV 9 some time back . She was very surprised me knowing such a custom , but ... I am after all HALF chinese ... right ? hahaha
Besides all of this , she has started to check what I spend and pay Bill -wise very closely now . That , I see a big plus ... as I tend to over spend on many thing's . I can not Love this Woman more ... even if I try'd .
I've been trying to sign up on Skype for Qing , as her Brother and her best Friend have it , but I can not for dear Life get Connected for some reason ? Had the same problem with MSN a year ago and gave it all up .
Anyway , let's see what this Week bring's ? I wish , it wasn't getting dark so soon ... as I like to show her how her Car work's and give her lesson's . I do hope to get to that this weekend though .

Paul Todd

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2009, 09:41:41 pm »
I understand what your saying about sharing the house hold stuff ,what a joy it is. After some intense instruction I'm even allowed to do the washing up without inspection on my own these days!:icon_cheesygrin: There genuine willingness to help you in anyway they can sure is a wonderful thing. The tea ceremony was a nice touch too. I think being married to a Chinese wife makes us better people :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2009, 10:21:05 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='24876' dateline='1260222556'

Saturday , as mentioned before .. we visited my Sister in-law in Pasadena ( she loved that City by the way ) . I took my Sister in-law and her Husband out for Lunch at P.F. Chang's , to see .. what I concider the best Chinese Food here in the LA area and to see how Qing like's that . She was very pleased of the great Food and the Guy she was with :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: . Spend the rest of the Day , sightseeing Pasadena and get Dessert .
Grerat day for both of us .

Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend.  I do have one question.  Being up here north of the 49, I've heard of PF Chang, it's supposed to be a chain correct?  If that's true, I've had lots of friends from Singapore, and some from Taiwan who say it isn't real chinese food. :)  I'm not 100% sure if that's where they went (it was definitely called something similar)  Granted they went to ones in Chicago and I think somewhere in New York, but they told me that it was "american chinese" food.  I'm just curious as to whether that's true or not.  I know the one in Chicago definitely traumatized my cousin as she was craving for simple congee when she got to my place (and she detests congee)...

I just wanted to find out if what they said was true without going down there.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2009, 06:21:42 pm »
Arnold I may have to stop reading this.  i get so jealous. lol
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2009, 02:26:55 am »
Yes Paul , you obsolutely right . It does make us better Person's .

In-Jaul , it may be all Americanized Chinese Food , but I think it is the best that is available here in LA . Qing thinks it was very good , even if NOT true chinese Food .

Jim , don't be jealous ... your Time will come and you wont even think about Me anymore . Will I blame you ? Of course not ! We both don't have too many year's left ... so we better make the best of them . :icon_cheesygrin:

rockycoon

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2009, 06:02:35 pm »
Hey Vince, I noted those things right away,
1. the writing on the car say's "caution chinese driver"
2. the toyota is more reliable
3. the ring is in the bathtub

By the way Qing.........................WELCOME TO AMERICA.................it is so nice to have you here, may the good lord bless your marrage!

Hey Arnold, do you have a dishwasher installed? and what does she think about our local supermarkets like Safeway, and such?  And I don't think LA is the proper place to teach her to drive, as it is a crash car derby out there...and I noted the swing sets in the back yard, Is that your swing set or someone else's.

also Qing, welcome to the forum, I look forward to your insights on lots of things! you have a lot of exploring to do, there is so much to see and do.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:51:48 pm by rockycoon »

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2009, 09:51:51 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='25014' dateline='1260343615'

Yes Paul , you obsolutely right . It does make us better Person's .

In-Jaul , it may be all Americanized Chinese Food , but I think it is the best that is available here in LA . Qing thinks it was very good , even if NOT true chinese Food .

Jim , don't be jealous ... your Time will come and you wont even think about Me anymore . Will I blame you ? Of course not ! We both don't have too many year's left ... so we better make the best of them . :icon_cheesygrin:

Don't get me wrong.  I just haven't heard much good about PF Changs.  The thing is that I take most things with a grain of salt (especially food reviews) until I try it myself.  But I like to get multiple reviews so I have a better idea of what I get myself into sometimes.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Arnold

« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2009, 12:37:37 am »
Rocky , yes I have a Dishwasher ... but there are never enough dishes between us two , to even start loading it . We alway's wash and dry as we go along , so by the time we eat .. the Kitchen is pretty well clean of most Pot's and Pan's and what else you used .
Talking about driving ... today I came home early and gave Qing her first lesson . All about how to get in , buckle up and start the Car and showed her all the Switches and shifting , braking and giving Gas . I also had her back up past my Neighbor's house and than back to where she started . She did good , being the first time behind a wheel of a Car . I will not let her get any driving which includes other Car's for a while yet . She needs to have total control of the Car and do it without being nervous or worry that I might not like something she is doing . I think , in a couple of weeks .. I'll have her going around the Block , making U-turns and hopefully without using the Neighbor's Lawn's .

In-Jaul , it's okay . Not everybody likes Lobster either . So , this is after all ... only my Opinion of the Place . Nothing beat's Qing's Cooking of course . She made some Wonton's the other day , I tell you ... I was in Heaven . So was my Aunt , that received about twenty of them . I thought ... I couldn't Love Qing more , well I was wrong . She has brought China's Food with her and serves it with all her Love . I know , I also speak of other / many chinese Lady's being just the same way . What a wonderful thing we discovered with Chnlove .

I have some new Photo's to share , but not yet on my Computer .. so give me a little time .

Vince G

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2009, 08:25:46 am »
Arnold, take her over to a large parking lot like the supermarket (when they're closed) as long as the lot is empty. It's not a public fairway so cops can't do anything like give tickets, it private property.

I did this many times over the years whenever I had a new car/truck and tested how it reacts in snow or rain. I take it up to certain speeds and hit the breaks and practice control under the circumstance.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 08:26:15 am by Vince G »