Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128632 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #450 on: May 04, 2011, 02:01:30 pm »
It's an '07, so technically not new, but yeah I love it. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Arnold

« Reply #451 on: May 09, 2011, 03:14:27 pm »
Today the 9th of May , I look back three ( 3 ) years and I'm reminded of when we both received our Red Books in Shanghai . What a wonderful time not only that day was , but that whole first meeting which made all those Letter's over 6 month's come intantly true .

3rd. Anniversary and all I can say .. is , if this continues like it has .. I don't ever want to Die . Heck , I'm in Heaven already .

Offline Hajo

« Reply #452 on: May 09, 2011, 03:38:22 pm »
Congratulations with your anniversary, you two! May your life be full of luck and happiness!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Arnold

« Reply #453 on: May 22, 2011, 08:53:44 pm »
After much struggle with the Computer , disable this and that .. to the point where my Brain was almost disabled and burned up to actually do some damage . Good thing the smoke had a ( two actually ) side openings to let the smoke escape . >:(

A day and a half later and some help from Vince and our Neighbor's Son ( NO .. he was older than 10 yrs. old ) as he finally figured out it was the #@%*#%* Google Toolbar that caused us such un-wanted Pain . Anyway , all this was for Qing to take a Food Handling Course to receive a necessary Certificate .. as everyone who is in the Business of handling any kind of Food .. must have this by no later then July 1st. .
Isn't it nice , how whenever the State needs Money .. they just come up with something that we all of a sudden need to have . I have no idea how we got on all those years without those ? Now these are good for three years ( now that is ) , so that in a couple of years they can make it 2 (two) and then just 1 (one) depending in what money-need they find themselves . What's next , a Cover Charge to enter a Restaurant and eat out ? Oooop's .. don't want to give them any more idea's .

So , all that are handling Food will need this to continue to Work in any Food Serving Business .. here is what it looks like . Took Qing 3 Hours plus to study and answer 40 questions , with a ppassing score of 75% . She had a score of 92 , so 37 right out of fourty . Not bad , to think it's in English and I had not  helped her in any way . Goes to show , coming here and NOT knowing the Language is getting harder even to find a simple Fast Food Job now .

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:42:19 pm by Arnold »

Vince G

« Reply #454 on: May 22, 2011, 11:20:59 pm »
That reminds me of long ago when in college here in Florida to get a job handling money you had to get fingerprinted and whatever other info needed? (don't remember to long ago, lol) they issued a card (I may still have it?) and this is used for getting work. They must of stopped this cause I've haven't heard anything about it since then.

Arnold

« Reply #455 on: May 22, 2011, 11:46:39 pm »
Yes , I think I've heard of that too back then .

Looking at the dates on the Cert . , it just dawned on me .. that Qing passed one END OF THE WORLD date and now let's see if she passes 2012 ? hahaha

Vince G

« Reply #456 on: May 23, 2011, 06:57:47 am »
2012? Don't get me started

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #457 on: May 23, 2011, 12:36:46 pm »
That only applies to the Mayans .... are they still around?   ???

Those born between the months of April 30th & June 1st are ?
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #458 on: May 23, 2011, 12:55:43 pm »
The Bible say's .. only the Father knows .. when the World will end . TRUE

Actually , we have three ways of knowing when the World will end :
1st. : If Humans deside to BLOW up the world themselves .
2nd. : If a Space Rock the size of the Earth will come and HIT us .
3rd. : When it's time for the Sun to burn itself out and engulf's us all .
other than that .. leave it up to God !

Arnold

« Reply #459 on: May 29, 2011, 05:08:07 pm »
So ... our Patio Project got finally off the ground . Stage 1 ( yes we have to work in stage's , unless somebody sends us some Cash fast .. haha ) is completed . Took Qing and myself most of the afternoon , but with enough time for a couple of Beer's with my Neighbor and appreciate the work we had finished so far . One thing I learned doing this , was I never knew .. Qing was strong enough to lift them 4x6x12 Header Boards onto the Post's . It looked like an Ant ( LaoPo's Arms ) lifting three times it's weight . Anyway , here are a couple Photo's of our Labor .
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:09:53 pm by Arnold »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #460 on: May 29, 2011, 06:36:29 pm »
Lokin' good Arnold....Man, they are nice bits of timber...pity we cant use such in Perth...termite fodder  ;D ;D

Are you going to roof it in something or just have open rafters ??

Maybe time to lay back and supervise...let the mighty Ant do all the heavy stuff !!!!!

Cheers...David

Arnold

« Reply #461 on: May 29, 2011, 11:03:03 pm »
David , it'll be closed except a 5x7 foot by the sliding Door . On top I will use Tongue&Groove 5"x8' Panel's at 45 degree for a more beautiful look from underneat .. to cover the rest of it . Wires for a Fan , two light fixtures and a couple of Speaker's for Music and ect. ect. whatever to make it different from the neighbors .

Qing and I just picked out the colours for the Patio Cover , Stucco and Faceboard trim around the House .
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:05:13 pm by Arnold »

Arnold

« Reply #462 on: May 30, 2011, 08:41:44 pm »
Qing and I just couldn't wait for step two , so we went out and bought the Rafter's .. since we have another day to relax . Why is it Holiday's one finds himself doing MORE work then on other day's ?

So here are the results of today's work .

Vince G

« Reply #463 on: May 30, 2011, 08:45:18 pm »
Is there a pitch on that roof? Looks good.

Arnold

« Reply #464 on: May 30, 2011, 08:58:48 pm »
Is there a pitch on that roof? Looks good.

You bet ! Exactly 2 1/4 inch .. should be enough . That is the most I could give it , concidering I'm installing a Fan and don't want to give People a FREE haircut . Just finsihed the PLans for two Light ( adjustable's ) and one Fan ( without light ) and against the house an Shelf for Qing's Buddha and Insense Bowl with a Light switch underneat IT . Man , can't wait til it's done .
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:13:03 pm by Arnold »