Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128678 times)

Arnold

Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #540 on: October 12, 2011, 01:16:26 pm »
Well anybody that reads my Blog , will know .. that I wanted to take Qing to Farmer's Market last weekend .
So I did just that and we had a wonderful time , but eating too much Sweet's and Ice Cream .. for my LaoPo's liking anyway . I also drove the 110 Frwy to Pasadena , so Qing could see the oldest and ( to myself ) prettiest Frwy in the LA area .
Here are some Pictures .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #541 on: October 12, 2011, 03:57:08 pm »
I can tell by your last picture Arnold that the ice cream gave you too much  :o GAS
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #542 on: October 12, 2011, 06:24:50 pm »
I can tell by your last picture Arnold that the ice cream gave you too much  :o GAS

Actually , looking at those GAS prices ( 13 cents-4 cents tax= 17 cents ) , gave me quite a GAStral releave from any GAS pains .

Offline shaun

« Reply #543 on: October 12, 2011, 07:49:02 pm »
Arnold, I'd like to see those gas prices again.  ;D  I can remember $0.24 a gallon in my youth but minimum wage was $1.65 per hour too.   Back in the day it was a 5:1 ratio now days it is less than a 2:1.  Those were the good old days in more ways than one.  Camero's Mustangs, Cougars, Cuda's, Ah and a Road Runner.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #544 on: October 12, 2011, 09:48:17 pm »
Those were the good old days in more ways than one.  , Cougars,

What! ......... you were chasing older woman in your youth?

Offline shaun

« Reply #545 on: October 13, 2011, 05:06:24 am »
You bet I chased them.  Married one.  Maybe I shouldn't have chased them come to think of it. But............  Now that I think about it I chased younger ones too.  ;D

I drove a souped up beetle.  My father bought it for me and I proceeded to squeeze as much juice out if it as I could get.  I rebuilt and engine.  I put big jugs on it.  96mm if I remember correctly.  Used to have a thing about big jugs.  Racing cam, Holly 2-barrel bug spray iw what they called it, headers and glass pack.  It would make those G-60's squeel.  Wish I still had pictures of it but they were lost in a fire in my dad's home.

Arnold

« Reply #546 on: October 25, 2011, 11:14:09 pm »
Getting the urge all of a sudden to Travel .

Has anyone been in my Shoes ( I'm sure they have ) and get the traveling Itch ? Well , this I seem to find myself in now . One reason , I guess .. is because Qing is getting her Perm. Green Card and that makes me more at ease for her to go Overseas .

Talking about Overseas , I'm balancing two thought of where ? I have checked Flights to Germany already . As my Mom seems that she can not come to Visit us , so thinking .. she's not that young anymore . Anyway , all my Family ( Cousins and all ) want to see us in the old Fatherland .

Then again , I feel for my LaoPo .. she has been here with me now almost two years and I'm sure misses her Family too . So what is the most logical solution to this ... ? I prefer Germany and there is a good reason for that . Qing's Brother / Wife and her Son will come next year .. after the Son get's the Visa to join us here . On the other Hand , I miss Qing's Parents and I know that is even harder on my Sweetheart .

There is something else that bugs me . That is I have fallen in Love with China and I really miss it . I miss the City ( Shanghai ) the Food and the People . I know I'm somewhat crazy , but I miss the Traffic .. the Noise and the daily Night Life .
I remember Beijing , how the Great Wall almost killed me . Moments that I treasure and grateful for .. ever have been given the chance to see this wonderful/lovely Country that China is . After all , she's given me .. the greatest Treasure of all . My beautiful Wife , what this Blog is all about .

We'll see what will happen in the next couple of Months . I also have to think of my now Business that I took over . Yes , getting older is not making it any easier .. so little time and sooo much to do !

Vince G

« Reply #547 on: October 25, 2011, 11:18:45 pm »
"my now Business that I took over" ?   Did I moss something? do tell

Arnold

« Reply #548 on: October 26, 2011, 12:03:40 am »
"my now Business that I took over" ?   Did I moss something? do tell

I guess Vince , you do not read my Blog ?

Vince G

« Reply #549 on: October 26, 2011, 12:17:24 am »
From time to time but don't remember seeing anything about a business?

Looks like you opened (or took over) a shop?

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #550 on: October 26, 2011, 12:22:25 am »
Arnold sorry for the dilemma, but then the choice of two good options is the kind of dilemma worth having. Maybe, if undecided, you can ask Qing what she thinks since you are torn up with what to do.

Arnold

« Reply #551 on: October 26, 2011, 12:25:29 am »
Arnold sorry for the dilemma, but then the choice of two good options is the kind of dilemma worth having. Maybe, if undecided, you can ask Qing what she thinks since you are torn up with what to do.

haha .. she'd love to go to Germany too .

Arnold

« Reply #552 on: October 26, 2011, 12:28:16 am »
From time to time but don't remember seeing anything about a business?

Looks like you opened (or took over) a shop?

That's it . A Shop qualifies as Business .. right ? Took over that is .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #553 on: October 26, 2011, 12:34:30 am »
haha .. she'd love to go to Germany too .

I think I know why she wishes to go to Germany.  ::)

She keeps hearing about this Sauerkraut and is confused. Qing thinks, "My Arnold is always happy so what do they mean Sauerkraut?" So she hopes to find the answer over there.

But of course, it is Qing's arrival into your life that has turned one Sour Kraut into a happy camper. That pickled cabbage has now been tickled.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:36:06 am by Rhonald »

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #554 on: October 26, 2011, 04:12:49 am »
Arnold, Xia and I love to travel too.  Here is our solution to the problem.  May work for you too.  We intend to fly to Hong Kong and see her family from there in China and then return to Hong Kong and fly were ever else we wanted to go on our holidays.  Use HK as an international travel hub.  Maybe able to get connecting flights to Shanghai or you might consider the train......... ;D ;D ;D
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.