Author Topic: Qing's arrival and beyond .  (Read 128685 times)

Offline LP

• Kinder fun doing something someone say impossible
Re: Qing's arrival and beyond .
« Reply #690 on: January 19, 2013, 07:24:01 pm »
Arnold,you've started a war among friends on Religious :o,I  get what you were trying to say on your thread.I have that movie and show that film to my parents.I haven't shown my  soon to be Laopo this film but she is asking many question about my faith.
A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than money. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #691 on: January 19, 2013, 07:54:18 pm »

Sorry...should have translated the "cheers" thing. It is a generic Aussie idiom covering (approximately) bye-for-now, see ya later, au revoir or similar. It has nothing to do with any sense of "cheerfullness". I will try to avoid such 'strine concoctions in the future  ;D ;D

Now I will go back to contemplating my navel !!!! because I am on dangerous ground continuing this debate which should be in the religion thread....and Martin is gonna nail me any time soon !!!

DavidE

It's OK David E. We real English speakers know exactly what 'Cheers' mean. ;D ;D
You carry on in that vein.  If it confuses those that have bastardcise the language of OUR birth then so be it.  ::)

As for your second paragraph I am sure of one thing. Martin may well Nail you David but be safe in the knowledge that it wont be to a cross!!! ;D ;D ;D

Time we took this to an updated religion thread.  :-X

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #692 on: February 03, 2013, 04:09:09 pm »
Chinese New Year coming...

This new year, will be the year of the "SNAKE"!

Why is this special from the other eleven ones? Well first, because I am a Snake! Being born in the year 1953 makes me "Slither" through Life I assume. This is not where it ends though. Hence I have met Qing and her Family, I also found out... that the year of the Snake is even more special.

How you might ask?

Okay, you now know I am born in the year of the Snake, but I am not alone anymore. Qing's only Brother (Ming) just by coincidence/chance happens to be a Snake also. Born in 1965, which is of course a Snake year... as it repeats every twelve (12) years. It even goes beyond just us two, even Qing's Son (Tianchi) is a Snake too. He's born in 2001, that qualifies him to be Snake number three in my new Family circle.

What would have been really shocking, if my LaoPo was one too. Unfortunately, she's a "Monkey" born 1968. Now don't assume she climbs Tree's! Actually... she just the opposite, real down to Earth kind of Person. Where we as Snakes slither along the ground more and when the need arises... we "Do" climb Tree's too. The good thing that comes out of all this, is... that both the Snake and Monkey are very compatible and that is whats really counts.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #693 on: February 03, 2013, 04:41:27 pm »
Harry Potter would think you were of the house Slytherin. Hogwarts I say.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

• Board Moderator
« Reply #694 on: February 03, 2013, 09:05:15 pm »
I was born in the year of the Horse. Has that affected me. Neigh! Not one bit!!! 

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #695 on: February 03, 2013, 11:29:46 pm »
Willy...I see that Rhonald has worn off on you. Hahahaha

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #696 on: February 04, 2013, 08:48:34 am »
Willy...I see that Rhonald has worn off on you. Hahahaha
Only in Willy's night Mares
Martin....not to bore you with any more details, but when I said Hogwarts, it also refered to the year I was born in that Chinese Zoo diac.
And since you don't need to use my wisker remover, Can I please get my Razor Back!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:21:41 am by Rhonald »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #697 on: February 08, 2013, 02:37:37 pm »
So Arnold, is your wife planning on inviting people over to celebrate the new Chinese year? This Friday night my wife will have some of her guzheng students over to celebrate and Saturday she will perform her guzheng while a Tai Chi association will do their routine during their Chinese New Years Party. I think we will be more busy then I was for our January 1st New Years. I also wonder if anyone has any extra red envelops to hand out as I would like to help out in receiving   ::)   some sum.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:39:34 pm by Rhonald »

Arnold

« Reply #698 on: February 08, 2013, 06:33:10 pm »
So Arnold, is your wife planning on inviting people over to celebrate the new Chinese year? This Friday night my wife will have some of her guzheng students over to celebrate and Saturday she will perform her guzheng while a Tai Chi association will do their routine during their Chinese New Years Party. I think we will be more busy then I was for our January 1st New Years. I also wonder if anyone has any extra red envelops to hand out as I would like to help out in receiving   ::)   some sum.

No special plans here Rhonald. Her best friend had a stroke in Dec., so instead of going to a Chinese New Year Party.. with our "Club".. we decided to go visit her in the Clinic instead. Too sad, to go out and party.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #699 on: February 08, 2013, 08:30:41 pm »
I was born in the year of the Horse. Has that affected me. Neigh! Not one bit!!! 

Willy
I think I should amend this after this weeks revelations. 

The biggest supermarket chain in UK and a lot of smaller ones have found a percentage of horsemeat in beef burgers. Also Burger king is said to have found the same. 

Findus Beef Lasagne was found to have up to 100% horsemeat and no beef!

These meat products have been produced in either France or Ireland.

Now I know why my trips back to the UK have given me the 'trots' and why I was 'galloping' through food and the grass in the hotel garden started to look delicious.  Now I understand when people say 'I am so hungry I could eat a horse'

And people laugh at the things the Chinese eat!

Happy New year everyone. Today is a day of celebrations. No horsing around here this weekend.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline David K

• Yan Wang xxxx
« Reply #700 on: February 09, 2013, 12:46:59 am »
Chinese New Year - my wife hates crowds, but loves being in my kitchen 
(was mine, now hers - I've been banished   ;)  )

So lots of delectable oriental goodies presently being exquisitely crafted, for Chifan and a glass of fine NZ wine out on the deck.
Its a fabulous summer evening here in Auckland
We are happy
Nothing Real can be threatened; nothing unreal exists

Offline daghoi

« Reply #701 on: February 09, 2013, 02:03:48 am »
looks like you eat well, david k.

Arnold

« Reply #702 on: February 09, 2013, 08:50:43 pm »
Oh.. my? This years New Year Dinner Celebration (in Shanghai), was going to be at Qing's brothers house. As the Parents are getting too old to stage such an event by themselves. We are talking a 15 course Dinner here (the same I received on my first trip meeting Qing for the first time) with Fireworks for dessert. We would have loved to have been there, but with the time difference.. we had Lunch already. No reason going without an Appetite.. right?  :-\

David, I must agree with what daghoi said... :P

• Board Moderator
« Reply #703 on: February 09, 2013, 09:20:48 pm »
It is a nice morning here so I am on the balcony, coffee in hand whilst they are trying to find away of getting 14 people around a table meant for four! As usual I am confident that they will succeed.

I have tried to explain that it may be a holiday in China but not in the rest of the World and that I have had a lot of work in to deal with in the past 24 hours, but that cut no ice and I have been banished from my desk today.  Maybe I will be able to sneak in when they cards come out and as it is not Texas Holdem they play then I cannot compete with them although they would love to skin me of every rmb in my pocket.

I now hear that the lunch will continue through the afternoon until dinner time when we may be joined by a few more.  Thank goodness the distant travelers cannot get here until Tuesday.

My fourth Chinese New Year here and I really loved each and every one. 

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Arnold

« Reply #704 on: March 11, 2013, 12:43:33 pm »
Here Gerry, because you mentioned Driving Lesson's :)

I am always weary of that....
Ever since Qing is driving here in America, I've been worried that some day an Accident will happen. Not because "She" is a bad driver, no... other People worry me.
Well, so it happened last week... and of all places right at the end of our Street. Mind you, that our Street is a "Dead End" Street. Here she is ready to pick up her Son from School, as she stops at the end of the Street to Yield traffic from both sides... here comes this Lady making a super-wide turn right into the side of Qing's car.
Of course I have told Qing what to do in case of an Accident, but turns out... this Lady forgotten her Purse. So no Driver's License and not even Insurance paper's in the Car.
On top of all that, she tells Qing... sorry, I knew I should have not driven after taking this Medication! She had totally lost control of her Car and that with her Daughter inside too.
Man, she is lucky... she didn't run over a Kid or something much worse. She also quoted " My Husband is going to kill me, this is a new car" and he told me "Not" to drive after taking the Med's.

Anyway, all will be taken care of... but that should be a "Lesson" ones more for those deciding to get behind a wheel under any influence of Drug's or Alcohol. But, how many times has that been preached before and People just keep on doing it?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:45:56 pm by Arnold »