Author Topic: Lady hidden her profile, unable to use EMFs  (Read 1882 times)

brett

Lady hidden her profile, unable to use EMFs
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:51:24 am »
Hi all,

My lady had hidden her chnlove profile. Initially I was delighted. However, I realise I can't send her EMFs via chnlove any more!

I wonder if she has actually had her profile deleted altogether rather than just hiding it? If so is there some sort of alternative we could use for talking about important stuff?

Oh well, at least next term's Chinese course concentrates on writing!!!

David5o

RE: Lady hidden her profile, unable to use EMFs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 09:23:59 am »
Brett,

Her profile must have been deleted, as if she was still in your Favourites, or you had been communicating with her as you have, ....then her profile would still be visible to you. It's only hidden from prospective new admirers.....

David....

brett

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 09:37:09 am »
Yes I guess they have deleted rather than hidden her profile. It's a bit strange as I guess they will miss the EMF revenue but perhaps my lady sent them some money or something. I don't know what the deal was.

I can write good Chinese sometimes, but translating a whole letter, well that's a big undertaking for me and deciphering my lady's response could be tricky.

Actually I'm wondering if I should find a translator in her home town? I think it would be useful to have someone to translate the odd letter, plus someone who could accompany me if I go to meet the parents again. Are there people who provide such services? I guess it would be easier for my lady to find somebody.

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 09:45:58 am »
I think you could still write EMF's to her just others can not see or write her when it's hidden. Mine is hidden and my lady writes me?

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 10:09:43 am »
I have not run across that before, but it sounds logical that if she had it deleted you could not send her EMF's.  As David said if she just had it hidden, new ones could not see her but anyone she had been writing to could still do it.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 12:44:15 pm »
Once I was married my wife's profile was deleted so I could not send EMF's anymore. However I still could send gift purchases to her. I just needed to add her profile number and phone number.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

brett

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 01:45:32 pm »
Guys - my lady is gone! Not hidden - gone! Here's what I get when I look at her profile:

Sorry, the profile of this lady has already been removed from our website!

This is what I get when I reply to her last EMF or compose a new one to her P number:

The profile with this ID was not found.

:huh:

Offline maxx

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 01:52:33 pm »
Did you talk to your lady? Did she tell you why she closed her profile?

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 01:57:00 pm »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='24148' dateline='1259347532'

Guys - my lady is gone! Not hidden - gone! Here's what I get when I look at her profile:

Sorry, the profile of this lady has already been removed from our website!

This is what I get when I reply to her last EMF or compose a new one to her P number:

The profile with this ID was not found.

:huh:

Brett, do you have communication means with her other than EMF's? I would use the 24 hour rule and give her time to contact you if she has a way to do so. There could be many reasons for this action, and she could have had a problem with agency about hiding her profile. If you have her phone number call her, if you have other means to contact her use them. I hope you have or find a means to reach her!                Robert

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 02:03:22 pm »
Brett

How do you normally contact her outside of Emf?  

I recall that you have several methods - have you used any of those and made contact with her to assure yourself that this is not a sign of something more sinister.  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

brett

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 03:15:58 pm »
Yes she told me she closed her profile so it could help raise our trust levels in each other a bit. I didn't know she would vanish from the site entirely though, maybe somebody pressed the wrong button! I am not worried as we talk on QQ and I have her address and phone number.

brett

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 11:39:35 am »
Actually because we are both geeks we don't often use EMFs but they're useful for important things.

My lady did resurface at the weekend on QQ but I was out all day so I missed her :blush:.

I'm beginning to suspect that she might have paid off the agency, I know she didn't like me using EMFs, she prefers QQ despite the horrible misunderstandings sometimes. Hopefully all will become clearer in the next few days.

If anyone does has a captive translator that will moonlight for a few $'s then give me a shout!