Author Topic: Beihai Report  (Read 7407 times)

ttwjr32

RE: Beihai Report
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2010, 09:51:55 am »
overall it is pretty safe in China unless you are out in what is
 considered the countryside and then you have to be aware of
 your surroundings

Arnold

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2010, 06:46:07 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='28339' dateline='1263653515'

overall it is pretty safe in China unless you are out in what is
 considered the countryside and then you have to be aware of
 your surroundings

Yeah , especially ... watch out for those Dumpling Hunter's in the Countryside . Surrender them instantly when ask for or face the consequence's of not giving them up .
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:46:41 pm by Arnold »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 04:40:58 am »
Ken congratulations (very late) problem with comp...

ttwjr32

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 04:55:38 am »
has anyone heard from Ken sice he went back home?

Offline Longhair1959

Re: Beihai Report
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 11:00:51 pm »
Hey everyone yea yea i know i am bad about keeping up with everyone here. Yes i am a "Missing my Lao po club" member and it sucks. But we talk everyday by phone and still by letters. Although we miss each other very much we know this time apart grows shorter everyday and one day this year i will be flying back to Beihai for Jen's journey back to the US, but first we have to take care of getting mother a nice apartment there and the payment arrangements taken care of. Until then like all the others of this lonely club we just wait.

Take care,
Ken

shaun

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 11:51:38 pm »
Hey Ken,

It is good to get a little update.  We've wondered about you.   Keep in touch.  Once a week if you can manage it.

Shaun

ttwjr32

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 05:35:49 pm »
well its good to hear things are progressing along  were are you in this process?
any closer to the interview?

Offline Longhair1959

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 06:56:10 pm »
As for where we are right now on the 19th of this month it will be three months sense the second filing awaiting if they need more info or skipping that part and finding out when Jen's interview is. I will do my best to keep up every week, it is prety much the same ole thing right now though we just stay in touch with each other and wait. Oh Jen has been taking her english lessons there in Beihai and has started asking me some new small sentence questions this week showing her learning skills. From the begining we have tried through letters and over the phone to learn simple words and short sentences with the help of our translator and i must say i have a very smart one there, her progress there classes now makes me very proud of her. The more Jen learns the easier it is for me to learn her language, she speaks a Behai dielect of Manderin so there are many words i must learn from her rather than the Manderin lessons that can be purchased.

ttwjr32

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 12:42:19 pm »
well we all hope that it is nothing but good news from here on out for the two of you
keep us posted and as they say no news is good news

Offline Longhair1959

Re: Beihai Report UPDATE!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 03:04:00 am »
UPDATE!!!!!!!

I have received new letters from the USCIS and the National Visa Center all of Jen's filings have been accepted, :) and are now being forwarded within the next week to the visa-issuing post overseas, the letter is referring to Guangzhou so i feel that is where Jen will have to go to receive her Visa. So i guess all that is left now guys is when Jen has her visa then i will be flying back to Beihai for a visit with family, mother that is, what a wonderful little lady she is, Jen's father passed away several years ago so mother is all she has left along with two brothers. I will be flying through LAX and definitely not on Continental, just check out my post reply on the "Plane" :)

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 05:10:52 am »
Great news Ken, everything is coming together for Jen and yourself.  Congratulations and hopefully it will be all smooth sailing flying from here on.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

ttwjr32

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 09:05:05 pm »
thats great news for the two of you almost at the end of the line

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2010, 09:14:30 pm »
thats great news for the two of you almost at the end of the line

I don't know if I would phrase it quite that way...  ::)
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2010, 09:58:02 am »
sure it is  it is a long journey to get to here and they are almost at the end of the line

soon everything will be completed