Author Topic: Chengdu....The story begins...... !!!  (Read 19356 times)

David5o

RE: Chengdu....The story begins...... !!!
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2010, 08:17:00 am »
David E,

Really great to hear that this lady is everything you imagined her to be, and then some!!!
Couldn't be more pleased for you mate....

I'm sure you couldn't give a monkey's about being too generous with your Red Envelopes, because you have the biggest Red Envelope, in the way of a little lady called ''Ming'' !!!  

Go from strength to strength now Dave, and have a bloody good time doing it too ..lol!!

David.......

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2010, 11:23:26 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='31622' dateline='1266119331'

Almost felt that I was there with you.   Almost felt that I wanted to be there with you.   But written so well that I really felt that I wanted to be there without you but with all the other benefits!!!!!!:icon_cool:

I agree with Willy - very well written.

I like the way the sentences flow from the pen - very vicarious reading.
Now with some pictures you will have the great Graphic Novel. And during Valentine's Day - I'vy envy you :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:24:08 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2010, 01:40:11 pm »
David I am SO pleased things are working out for you mate...ENJOY your time there..:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Ps,
Where's the pictures....lol:angel:

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2010, 02:55:03 pm »
Congratulations David, seems like you will have a wonderful time, and this could finally be the one right?

I've avoided the bathroom being transformed into the laundry but did get the remark that I could at least wash my underwear myself or have my girl do it for me ... her brother suggested that :D

Keep it coming,

Frank
Go deep or don't go

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2010, 07:38:01 pm »
Episode 2.............................

Its early morning on the 15th, I am getting a quick up-date typed whilst the Boss sleeps !!!

Now kitted out in my new thermal undies, I am cold-proof, but spontaneous "canodling" is now impossible as the bloody things are like a second skin and takes an age to get he buggers off !!!!!!...but I will cope somehow.

We pottered aroung Chengdu yesterday, masses of people about, all in holiday mood and very friendly. Fireworks are now almost continual, so we bought some from a Street Stall and found a convenient corner to let them off. Everybody wanted to see this crazy Westerner lighing his fireworks and I got a lot of advice..but couldnt understand a word !!! Even the cops came over and joined in...but maybe they were thinking "one more firework and we will haul him off to jail ":icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

There is such a great holiday spirit about, it is easy to get caught up in it and just have fun...I havent laughed so much, or relaxed so much in years. Aways Ming is there "directing the traffic" and looking out for my every need....so incredible to be so spoiled, I almost feel guilty about it.

If everything is not just right, woe betide anyone who gets in her way....WOW.......I call her my "pocket rocket"....so much energy and drive in such a slight Lady.

I am being totally organised and taken care of...its scary :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

The Shangri-La Hotel is rated 5 star and deserves it...great place, very new and modern. I have a flash Executive Suite and I pay 1900 RMB per night but I did a deal with my Business for "stay 3 nights and get the third night free", so overall it works out at about under 1600 per night.

Last night for Valentines Day, we went to a Western Restaraunt...Cafe Z.....which was very nice, the food was International Buffet and they layed on all the goodies for Valentines...gifts of roses for the Ladies, free Champagne and all the trimmings of the occasion...all very romantic and we had a very cosy and intimate dinner together....hormones working ovetime !!!!!

Maybe it was the Champagne....maybe the thermal undies.....but I was becoming more and more convinced that this Woman is the best thing to happen to me in a long, long time......and I begin to believe we can have a wonderful future together.......the next few days will see this become clearer for both of us, I am sure.

Today is a lazy day, I want to do some sightseeing and have a look at some antique shops and local places of interest.

I KNOW you are waiting for photos, but my limited free time...and computer skills put this on the back burner for today, but I will have a go to upload some tonight...if my Baobei will keep her hands off me !!!!!

Keep smiling all....I am !!!!!!

David
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 07:40:16 pm by David E »

Arnold

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2010, 02:10:46 am »
David , what more can I add that has not already been said ? Can't help but to enjoy and share your success so far with your lovely Lady ( even not having seen her yet ) . Hope this will lead to your Dream that you have Dreamed of .. when you started this Quest down this road . Wish this will continue the way it been the first couple of day's for both of you .

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2010, 06:41:31 pm »
Episode 3........

Hi All

A day of lazy sightseeing.......went to some old Chinese archealogical museum, very interesting !! Also went to a Monastery because she wanted to get the Monks opinion about us.

Well, I slipped the Old Guy 200 RMB and he told her that the sun shines out of my Ar*** and that she would be happy for ever more.....(oh, the joys of Capitalism and corruption !!!)

Had a fabulous meal in mid afternoon !!!...both got hungry at 3.00 pm and needed to eat. Prawns, pork and veg's all done in a fiery hot sauce....sure keeps the chill out...tomorrow could be a problem though, once it gets through the system (hahaha) :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Tomorrow we are off to lunch with more relatives and then I have invited all the family to dinner at the Hotel...that should be a riot !!!

I came to Chengdu with a translator program on my lap-top, a Besta and a Yishen.......only needed to translate one word so far....would you belive "Zebra" !!!!! Our communication is extra good, we have no problems (which did worry me a bit before I arrived).

I am now officially engaged to my Angel...but that story must wait till Episode 4 !!!

So "au revoir " from Chengdu...I cant stop smiling !!!

David
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 08:16:52 pm by Vince G »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2010, 06:57:48 pm »
Gorgeous lady mate...BIG congrates to you both:icon_biggrin:

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2010, 07:19:33 pm »
Great pictures and great story David,

I hope it continues to get better for you! :icon_cheesygrin:
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2010, 07:23:05 pm »
what a nice story and the best to the both of you.
when is the mrriage taking place? this visit? or next?

Arnold

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2010, 07:39:36 pm »
David , you make her a lucky Lady . Qing and I talk about what Min ( in Baoding ) missed out on .. not wanting to move to Australia .
Congrat's on your Engagement . I see you needed large Photo's to show the happiness on both of you . :icon_cheesygrin:

Vince G

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2010, 08:20:11 pm »
Dave, I had to size them. I couldn't take it. :-/   to large.

For anyone else sizing their photos? If it shows a resolution #, change it to 72. This is the common size for the web.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2010, 05:09:38 am »
Episode 4....or , the moment of realisation !!!

Sorry Vince, my computer skills not up to complex manoevers like sizing photos !!!!

I must share with you all a moment of realisation that led to our engagement...........I may steal some words from Shaun..."when you just know it is right !!!!!

I have now met and been wined and dined by many of Ming's family, I know they are not wealthy people, but like all Chinese families, they will go to the end of the Earth to make you comfortable and feel like an honoured and valuable member of the family.

I have been so impressed by how they have welcomed me into their homes and their hearts that I felt I would like to do something special for them in return.

After discussions with the "Pocket Rocket" we decided that we would hire a very nice dining room in the Shangri-La and put on a spectacular dinner for them all.

So off we both went to see the Function Manager here to work the whole thing out.

The Guy was a bit of a supercilious prick who knew a bit of English and wanted to show off !!! He spoke only to me and ignored "herself" as you would expect the normal Chinese Chauvinist to do !!! He obviously did not realise that she has claws and teeth !!!

I made it clear to him that I wanted something very special for 18 people
and we discussed putting stuff like lobster, birds nest soup and abalone on the very extensive menu , because I know that they are regarded as very special and folk here dont often get the chance to eat them and I also know that they LOVE their food !!!!

After getting it all sorted I asked him for a written Quotation which he went away and organised..............the price was 8100 RMB.

I showed this to Ming and said......(showing off !!!)  shi bu shi ma ??

Her response was...BU shi san, Bu shi san !!! and proceeded to let fly at this Guy in an absolute vocal torrent which I could not understand but which I gather covered every aspect of his personality from the unfortunate accident of his birth, to the fact that his parents likely were never married to the unfortunate end that was shortly coming his way if he thought he could cheat HER Western Man !!

After half an hour of this, the Function Manager had become serious shades of red and appeared to shrink to about half his size !!!

Eventually, I was advised by the Vampire Lady that he had reconsiderd the price and it was now 4000 RMB...what more can I say, except I think he felt he was in serious risk of losing something precious as well as the tongue lashing :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

No doubt I will be black flagged at all the Shangri-La Hotels...but I dont care, because I had the flash of inspiration which told me that NEVER had any Woman dived in so hard and totally to stop me getting ripped off and was absolutely fearless in doing it........at that moment I KNEW, I KNEW what I felt for her was real.............just like a bolt out of the blue !!!

So I asked her to marry me later that evening and gave her a beautiful ring....she said yes by the way :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

As you said Shaun...sometimes you JUST KNOW

David

Offline zook144

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2010, 05:52:40 am »
Great story, David.  Congratulations!!

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

trwme

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2010, 07:34:02 am »
Congrats Dave! I've loved reading your story, although I know you are loving living it 1,000 times more.