Author Topic: Doing it the UK way!  (Read 9354 times)

Offline Philip

RE: Doing it the UK way!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 12:20:32 pm »
I aqm in the middle of the process at the moment. The certificate of no impediment will have been at my local registrar for 21 days on September 30th. I can pick it up then, and get Chinesevisadirect to do the rest.
Oh and it is BANNS, not bands.
Alex

David5o

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 12:25:24 pm »
Alex,

I'm old, .... i forget things!!...hahaha!!  But your right, it is Bann's ...Sorry ..lol!!

David...

Paul Todd

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 11:15:02 pm »
If the no impediment to marriage certificate is issued by your local registrars office and you go down the route of dropping it into the embassy in Beijing you do not have to send it off to the Foreign office legalisation dept in Milton Keynes and then to the Chinese embassy in London, and you do not need to do the single cert either. To get mine in Dorset all I had to tell the registrar was my ladies name, age and the name of the town/city we were to get married in, and that was that. The British embassy did the rest overnight! I can not recommend this way of doing it enough and it's cheap too!

Offline ssetho

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 02:24:35 pm »
More info on marrying a Chinese woman in China - http://www.mychinalove.net/marrying_in_china_1.php Hope it helps.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 04:30:11 pm »
Guys

Can I just get one thing clear from the info. here ?

"If I arrive in China with a fully documented, notarised, Chinese Embassy endorsed Single Certificate (No Impediment to marriage)....then I can get married in China as soon as I arrive ?...not have to wait 21 days in China before marrying ?

Am I correct in this ??

The obtaining of this documentation is not so difficult here, because all the various Government departments and the Chinese Embassy are all in my City and i can do it in one day

Thanks

DavidE

David5o

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 05:29:02 pm »
David E,

Yes that is correct, you can get married as you step off the plane!! If the plane lands in your ladies home town that is ..haha!!

You only have to wait the 21 days if you don't have that documentation or if you are living in China. But you also have to wait a further 21 days for the Bann's to be posted at your embassy... so total of 42 days in all!!

David
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:26:15 pm by David5o »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 07:25:25 pm »
Quote from: 'David E' pid='21750' dateline='1257197411'

Guys

Can I just get one thing clear from the info. here ?

"If I arrive in China with a fully documented, notarised, Chinese Embassy endorsed Single Certificate (No Impediment to marriage)....then I can get married in China as soon as I arrive ?...not have to wait 21 days in China before marrying ?

Am I correct in this ??

The obtaining of this documentation is not so difficult here, because all the various Government departments and the Chinese Embassy are all in my City and i can do it in one day

Thanks

DavidE

I realize David5o already answered this, but the answer is yes.  Ed did just this.  He married the day he stepped off the plane.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 08:06:50 pm »
Whoopeeeee !!!

Thanks guys...problem solvered :):)

DavidE