Author Topic: UFC 100  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
UFC 100
« on: July 11, 2009, 08:03:29 pm »
I will be getting some friends over as I am hosting this event tonight.

Go St-Pierre Go
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
RE: UFC 100
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:07:07 am »
I was at a buddies but his PPV didn't work.  :@  I'm gonna go look for a download somewhere.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:21:22 pm »
Well the French Canadian shined Neil, even pulling his groin muscle in the 3rd round he dominated what was a very difficult opponent. I guess not to many MMA fans here but once hooked, you realise boxing is a dead sport.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 11:59:54 pm »
I found a download, I just haven't had time to watch it yet.  I'm glad JSP triumphed, he's in his prime and seems nearly unbeatable at the moment.  I can't wait to watch.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 12:35:58 pm »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='25338' dateline='1260628664'

It's too bad the FTA's aren't working much nowadays...seen may ufc's free!

I am housting tonights event and soon have to stop writing here and clean up the house. Diego Sanchez "The Nightmare" against B.J. Penn.

I can't wait to have my wife here and have her TAP me out on our bed. Huum, maybe I should purchase an eight sided bed :fi_lone_ranger:

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 06:42:10 pm »
House is cleaned - printed out some posters now waiting for the guests to arrive. I usually have 6 to 9 guys over but am missing ring girls to serve us drinks. I know my 14 year old son would appreciate that part.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:47:20 pm by Rhonald »

rockycoon

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 12:44:41 am »
Which one is Shaun and his new lady....LOL
guess we know who would win that one.....haha

Offline David S

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 01:11:47 am »
I don't know how they do it up in Canada, and then again having a few buddies over to enjoy it at home is always fun.  But here in the US, or at least in my area, I can go to the local HOOTERS and watch the fights free.  Now that gives the added bonus of having about 20 local "ring girls" (hooters waitresses) live and in person to bring beverages, and snacks.  A fun night for sure.  Although it does tend to get quite crowded at these events and you should show up at least an hour early if you expect to have a seat.

Disclaimer:
This is not an advertisement.  Just how I enjoy the UFC myself.  Any mention of a particular establishment is meant purely for informational purposes.  Any monetary gain by such an establishment is solely for their benefit and this user has no connection or gain connected to these establishments.  

Disclaimer of Disclaimer:
This user does not claim to be totally clever and any added disclaimers that were overlooked should be implied or inferred; being that this was this users first attempt at writing a clever and comprehensive disclaimer.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 03:54:45 pm »
David here the local pubs, even Hooters, would have a cover charge to see any pay per view events. Also at the Pubs with alcohol added to the mix, suddenly the Young, Dumb, & Full of "****" members have a tendency to trying to prove their worth. This ethanol haze ain't worth F in all.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 08:17:58 pm »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='25678' dateline='1260996885'

David here the local pubs, even Hooters, would have a cover charge to see any pay per view events. Also at the Pubs with alcohol added to the mix, suddenly the Young, Dumb, & Full of "****" members have a tendency to trying to prove their worth. This ethanol haze ain't worth F in all.

That's news to me.  All the BP's and firkin pubs (it's a chain) around here show it for free as long as you buy some food.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 08:24:28 pm »
I don't know about BP's but one of my friends that shows up at my house for the UFC events was the one that told me that he always had to pay a cover charge. The few pubs I have gone to after the events to get the posters all had a cover charge listed at the door. So I guess in Calgary there could be some free ones, but then I have a pretty good viewing area and booze is cheaper since there isn't the mark up. Also my son can watch as well, but then I guess he would prefer the Hooters girls.

shaun

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 08:29:49 pm »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='25620' dateline='1260942281'

Which one is Shaun and his new lady....LOL
guess we know who would win that one.....haha

Wise guy!!!!!! :dodgy:

rockycoon

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 09:31:02 pm »
Try to think of the mess you have to clean up the next morning, unless you can't get out of bed until 3pm because of the hangover. Try to think of what your wife would say with the mess. Perhaps hooters is a smart choice, avoid the party Bomb!  By the way, does your wife know about this? LOL LOL