Author Topic: spontaneous smiley- Merry Christmas Everyone!  (Read 5906 times)

rockycoon

RE: spontaneous smiley- Merry Christmas Everyone!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2010, 04:35:35 pm »
Didn' I see you on "Iron Chef"....lol

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 08:20:39 am »
Hello david, Man in the kitchen is very attractive ,You choose the right spot
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2010, 04:01:48 pm »
Pan fried snapper ...YUM...but what are you doing with the 3 bottles of plonk I can see...........not cooking with it I hope :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

You fought the Beaurocratic Tiger...and won...a memorable victory.

Have a great time you two

David

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 12:27:26 pm »
Quote from: 'David K' pid='26734' dateline='1262145673'

And also a happy New Year....to all...

My Lady, Yan Wang, will see 2010 in at 35,000 feet, on an Air NZ plane bound for Auckland.  I've told her to expect champagne at midnight... ..and certainly to go with her first meal in NZ, on New Years day :-) Pan fried snapper with soft baked Kumera (Native sweet potatoe) with a basil and rosemary sauce

Wow nice kitchen! Is the base of your center block painted? I'm in the middle of finishing that bit in mine ... :icon_cheesygrin:
Go deep or don't go

rockycoon

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 10:09:13 pm »
David, Beautiful kitchen!  I am also building and expanding my kitchen.  Couple of questions : 1. how do you keep the grease spatters off the wall with the stove top so close to it.   2. Is the dishwasher on the left of you or on the right next to that sink?  I am pondering wether to put my stove (instead of a sink) in the center console or go ahead and put the sink there?  It's got to be a toss up on that one.
Perhaps a stove and sink and just make the console extra long?  What do you think?  I'll bet you have some tasty dishes with that setup, and you have the guy's on this forum drooling, and the wifes planning the new kitchen the poor husband is going to be building..:icon_cheesygrin::dodgy:

Vince G

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 12:31:18 am »
Rocky what is a console? Do you mean Island? You can put a stovetop on the island but not a range (stove). Before you plan for an island make sure you have the room for it. Minimum 3 feet to anything else like the base cabinets along the wall or for the oven door? If you put a stove or stove top on the island you should have a vent to catch any smoke vented to the outside is preferred. Ex kitchen designer.

rockycoon

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 12:49:17 am »
Vince,
Going to kick the kitchen out 4'  
the "Island" will have plenty of room.  I have the hoods already, and the stove is a stove-top burner unit (nice). I'm trying to get things away from the wall.  The oven of course will be a built in the cabinet type of affair seperate from the stove.  I can ether put in a sink, with cutting board or the stove with a hood, I am setup for both ether way.  The dishwasher (lazy mans tool) will be built in under the Island.  But I am considering the stove top on one end and sink on the other or just one of them.  I hate grease on the wall (the way I cook -haha) so perhaps the stove top.  But I like the sink idea as the waterline connections are easy for the dishwasher.  I'm going to use PEX for the waterline, its great stuff.  If I do both, I'm going to need more room, damned if I do, damned if I don't....haha god I hate decisions....:icon_cheesygrin:

In your kitchen design day's, what did people want more; the stove on the island or the sink on the island?  And how would you design that?  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Keep in mind that the kitchen is going to be gutted, new cabinets, new everything including a floor (natural wood of course).
Also new walls & ceiling, also new wiring, so that is why I have to plan, plan, plan......
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:04:11 am by rockycoon »

ttwjr32

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 12:03:50 pm »
the sink on the island as you will prepare many things there
 or as i did in california in my kitchen i made a big mess there hahah

Vince G

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 02:09:13 pm »
I'll PM you about the kitchen. Don't want to go off topic.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:11:08 pm by Vince G »

rockycoon

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 02:59:00 am »
thanks for the pm Vince, I'll get back to you on it very soon.

Offline David K

• Yan Wang xxxx
Re: RE: spontaneous smiley- Merry Christmas Everyone!
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 07:26:46 pm »
David, Beautiful kitchen!  I am also building and expanding my kitchen.  Couple of questions : 1. how do you keep the grease spatters off the wall with the stove top so close to it.   2. Is the dishwasher on the left of you or on the right next to that sink?  I am pondering wether to put my stove (instead of a sink) in the center console or go ahead and put the sink there?  It's got to be a toss up on that one.
Perhaps a stove and sink and just make the console extra long?  What do you think?  I'll bet you have some tasty dishes with that setup, and you have the guy's on this forum drooling, and the wifes planning the new kitchen the poor husband is going to be building..:icon_cheesygrin::dodgy:
Sorry about the long delay... planning a marriage, getting married.. and getting used to being married all took precedence.
To answer your questions:
[1] I got a quote of $1200 NZ to install a glass splashback on the wall close to the stove. Then I found a toughened glass sheet that was part of a renovated shower on the local auction site (=EBAY) for $10.
That option involved shifting a power point and painting the wall behind the glass rather than spraying the glass. Guess which option I chose :-)
[2] The dishwasher is on the left of the sink, so you can rinse and then stack the dishes.
Island kitchens are always problematic. In my case, I have the fridge, freeser and storage shelves on one
side of the kitchen, use the island for assembling and preparing food, and have the stoves and gas cookers on the other side for cooking. It works well enough, but you have to plan ahead, otherwise you keep going back round to the fridge and the shelves. Good exercise tho :-)  It also has the advantage of partial privacy when cooking, so our guests get something of a surprise when the meal is served - (the dining table is adjacent to the kitchen.)
They say "the way to a mans heart is through his stomach". I have found this  is also true of woman - particularly Chinese woman. The shelves are well stocked with things like Hosin Sauce, Sesame oil and a vast array of spices, to say nothing of the Gewurtztraminers and Reilings in the wine cellar :-).
It is a great pleasure to me to produce a healthy fresh and familiar meal for my now wife :-)

Nothing Real can be threatened; nothing unreal exists