Author Topic: I miss her..  (Read 4156 times)

ttwjr32

RE: I miss her..
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 12:45:24 am »
it is good i think i will use it also

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 12:11:33 pm »
I wonder what it's like once it goes through google translate :icon_cheesygrin:
Go deep or don't go

brett

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 03:56:32 am »
Yes now I have my little book of Chinese grammar I realise that most of what comes out of Google translate is total rubbish!

Offline Danny

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 06:56:11 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='28197' dateline='1263459392'

Yes now I have my little book of Chinese grammar I realise that most of what comes out of Google translate is total rubbish!

I am not telling you anything you don't know . . . but it is like so many things, it is good if you understand its limitations. I would not use it to translate poetry . . . but it's good for translating simple phrases.

brett

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 07:52:03 am »
Actually I'm not even sure it's good for simple phrases. I find it really odd that sometimes I put positive things in and it comes back with the negative (e.g. sustituting "hate" for "love", that kind of thing). It also uses way too many words at times and it makes a complete mess of tenses.

I have started to write myself a guide to getting better translations out of it. Next term my Chinese course concentrates on writing, so hopefully I can expand my knowledge of this a lot more. My lady and I are translator-less, so Google is all we have. It's tough going but it's a great way of learning each other's languages.

I guess the take home message is that brothers should be wary of machine transations - it's cool to be able to use Google translate to make Chinese characters appear, but not so cool if you are sending your lady rubbish :icon_cheesygrin:!

Back on topic, I really miss my lady. We don't get to talk much as she's busy in her job, has used up all her vacation days this month and her home Internet appears broken (or she can't afford the bills - who can tell?) and her mobile phone is falling apart.

Offline Longhair1959

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 05:44:38 pm »
Hang in there Irishman, i am in the same boat you are and as other are or have been, only difference is i spent the two weeks before Christmas with Juan and it was our first meeting and marrage as well, that's what we both wanted so there was no need to keep putting it off. All i can tell you is "love" love will keep you closer than you know even to be so far away so just keep loving each other and it will all be fine that is what Juan and i do every day. Take care brother and keep the faith, you two met as we all did for a reason.

Ken

rockycoon

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 12:07:27 am »
Hey Brett, with all of us on here, we will try and keep you company and make you laugh.  Although it's been like a morgue around here lately, the brothers are ether sick, or commode hugging, on vacation, computers down...and the list goes on.  But for those of us that are still standing, we are here for you.
It's hell not being able to get ahold of your lady.  But I am sure that she will have the geek squad fix the computer and you'll both be qqing each other soon.  Those withdrawl symptons suck huh.  Can you help her with the internet problem if she does not have the funds for the bill (if that is it) ?  
I have heard several people on here are having qq problems or internet problems lately in china, so don't feel alone, it's going around we just have to wait for it to be fixed.
If you get lonely, you can always PM me, I'm not as pretty, but can talk your ear off! :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

You can also read David 50's funny as heck jokes, he always has one that will cheer you up! Got some on there now, that will make you fall off your chair..:icon_cheesygrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 01:01:25 am »
i agree davids jokes can pick you up in times of being down

brett

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2010, 03:29:02 am »
Yes not being with my lady sucks, and her not contacting me, well that sucks even more. A couple of days without contact, and the doubts start to creep back. Does she love me? Is she seriously interested in moving overseas? Am I being scammed? I don't know why there's been so little contact lately - if I ask her anything important I start getting a stream of "?'s". It drives me nuts.

As a distraction I am working on a new business idea. I am excited about this one as I have identified a lucrative niche with apparently no competitiors. I am one good idea away from being able to live with my lady in Asia - that is a good reason to get out of bed in the morning :fi_lone_ranger:.

I am glad I took so many pictures of my lady and that she was such a professional at posing :icon_cheesygrin:. The photos more than anything else have kept this relationship alive.

ttwjr32

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 10:43:03 am »
Brett,

you just need to relax maybe she is busy with work or the family
if she was scamming you she would be in contact asking asking asking