Author Topic: Religion Thread  (Read 84431 times)

Martin

Religion Thread
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:00:21 pm »
This is a thread for anyone to post their religious views...for people to ask questions, etc.

Arnold

RE: Religion Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 01:26:00 am »
Thanks Martin , we will meet here every Sunday morning for a Brotherhood Mass .

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:05:38 am »
Amen Brothers.

I'm not a religious person.  I've never really gone to church or read a bible.  I will say that I absolutely believe in God.  Holding a newborn daughter in your arms and seeing the beauty and joy in her eyes is proof enough for me.  And now having my daughters grown up healthy, happy and well adjusted is too.

I don't believe I have to pray a certain way or tithe 10% of my income in order to be saved.  As long as I treat people with love and respect and live my life with a positive attitude and a smile on my face, I'll be fine.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:58:29 pm »
Neil, well I have gone to church (es) and read the bible many times over. But still have the same feeling as you. I have a problem with religions. Who's better? Who's has more? My God's better then yours? My God can beat up your God? Seems pretty silly to me. Anyone that want's to believe what they want has no problem with me, just keep it outta my face.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 12:59:08 pm by Vince G »

Martin

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 01:36:01 pm »
Well Vince, there lies the problem.  I think that true believers and followers of any faith do not have this attitude.  A true believer does not think that their God can beat up another God.  This is what makes religion so frustrating to so many people...because of those that shout at the top of their lungs, but don't say anything worth saying.

Personally, my problem with religion...or Christianity, are those that go to church on Sunday, and try to look all holy...but won't give you the time of day any other day of the week.  I guess hypocrisy drives me nuts.

On another note, I do view myself as a Christian...but not a practising one.  But it does lead me to some questions about what we are doing here.  Since we do have some practising Christians in this group, I would love to hear their opinion.

1. What is the thought on marrying someone you met online..in many cases, meeting only once before getting married...I am looking for a Christian perspective on this.

2. What is the thought on marrying someone who is Buddhist?

I am sure I will have more questions in the future.

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 12:25:16 am »
I am a Catholic , do go to Church , but not often . I do pray everyday , mostly for other's and to keep Qing and her Family safe and healthy . This Chnlove journey , I did not seek ... it was put into my Lap , so to speak and I followed it , after my first Wife passed away . So , I most definitly believe in God ( now more then ever ) and I know God love's all religion's , or he would not have shown me the way to my Qing , which is a Buddhist .

I'm also with Mike , marriage is between a Man and a Woman . Not that I don't like a gay Man / Woman , I do not hate anybody due to Race , Color , Religion or sexual preference's . After all , we are all Human Being's in God's eyes and also through mine . That is why , I have no problem ..with / had .. marrying Qing .

God give us all opportunities in Life , to be a good or better Person . Is that not what I'm doing right now ? He gave me the opportunity to help ... and for it ... I received many Friends in return . That is worth more then Money , in Heaven's Bank .

I say how I feel , but do not push that believe on anybody . The ones that don't believe , I don't like them any less ... for it .

Amen.

Vince G

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:42:31 am »
I still say (I) take people at face value no matter what they are. Makes no difference the religion, color, race or sexual preference. If they are good people or bad makes the difference to me. Amen
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:43:22 am by Vince G »

Paul Todd

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 11:11:08 am »
In Lao ,a buddhist country, the law states that you can practice any religion you choose,but it's against the law to try to convert anyone. Saves a whole heap of trouble.  Live and let live ,sounds good to me.

Arnold

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 01:31:30 pm »
Well hello to everyone ! This is a day that God has made and takes us closer to the one we should Love first before anything else . He is the ONE that helped us to be where we are now , finding that special Lady , that he wants us to have . Fate / Destiny to lead us to that " Special " one , will not work without having Faith in the Lord ... to answer our prayer's . He can only bless us , if we ask for his help . As I was send on this Journey to find my wife Qing , I also realized that after my first wife passed away , her Love toward's me did not die with her . I can still feel it ... if not more so ... now .
Love will never die , Love will never fail , because Love is God . He , who lives with Love in his/ her Heart , will also live with God in his/her Love .  Amen .

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 11:29:19 pm »
Your welcome and thanks Mike , that makes me feel good .
God works in strange way's , to bring his children closer to him . I was never closer to God , than I am now . I could have given up , when my Wife of 30 year's left me , because it was time to go HOME to the Lord . But instead , her love toward's me , which in turn magnified my love toward's her , send me on this path to celebrate our 30th Anniversary someplace special . I might be going alone , but I'm not alone , if you know what I mean ? This is how it all started for me , one thing lead to another and having Faith and my believe in God , I pretty much just followed where he was guiding me . Some could call this all coincidences which followed , but I know it was all planned this way already for me ahead of time . I can see it , because you must believe to see it . Same goes for little miracles , one will not recognize them without believing in the Lord . I have seen many throughout the last two years . I been blessed twice with a wonderful Wife and I thank the Lord for it ... daily .
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:33:20 pm by Arnold »

Vince G

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 02:49:10 pm »
I'm not even going to make comment on this but wanted to know what others thought of it. On a TV show "Cheaters" for those that haven't seen it, it is a real reality show. Cheating partners are followed by PI's and a few weeks after they are "Caught" and confronted by their mate. So this is the story. A girlfriend is caught cheating with another guy. Having sex at a car wash and other places of connivance. She gets out of the car cursing up a storm at the boyfriend. I mean cursing so much every other word was a beep. Her excuse is "She's been saved by Jesus so Beep you"

So was she?

Martin

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 04:22:03 pm »
Well...Holy beep.  That is un beep beep beep.

And that's all I have to say on that issue Vince.

shaun

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 11:51:02 pm »
Hi guys,

So, I have been reading the threads on this site and learning a lot.  Early this morning I joined but have not had any comments to make until now.  Why would I jump into the fire as an introduction to all of you?  Not sure I can answer that one so here it goes.

I am a Christian and have pastored a church in the past.  It has been my observation over the years that those who are as you say "holier than thou," have issues beyond their spiritual relationship with God.  People who really are Christians do not think of themselves as better or holier than anyone.  Most consider themselves as on a journey in relationship with God.  Their personal focus is on becoming more Christ like and realize they are far from perfect.  As a pastor I find myself on the same journey and know I am far from perfect.  I am not worth of God's grace but the beautiful thing is that God gives it to me or anyone for that matter for free.  If you do not believe me when I say I am not perfect, then look at the thread on chnlove under experienced member the zodiac thread.  I responded about 4am or 5am, not quite awake and I called a person an ass for his response.  I am not proud of it but I am also not perfect by any means.

Christians are under a mandate to spread the gospel of Jesus to the whole world.  How one does it makes the difference.  I do not believe in sharing the message with a person who is resistant to what I am saying.  I ask first and they say no then I stop.  I would rather live it by example anyway.  There are people who have asked ask me what is different about me.

I have struggled with with responding to a Buddhist and have not to this point.  I am talking with an unbelievable woman who lists herself as an agnostic.  We have talked about religion a little but then she has asked what exactly I believe.  That is an open door and I am working on exactly what I want to say.  What I say will be done so with ease and without judgment.  I will send it to her by mail and in Chinese.

We are all people looking for a better life whether we believe in Christ or not.

Vince G

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 12:40:19 am »
Hi shaun, I'm not sure how I came across in the posts but I don't have a problem with any religion Christian or other. I'm not out to change anyone either. What gets to me is some that call themselves Christian and they have no idea what they are taking about or they push it onto people.

Here's an example: I did roof and window sales. I went to an appointment and as I was talking about the windows they brought up religion. A few moments later they insisted I join them in prayer? I didn't resist or make a fuss I let them do their thing and left. They didn't want windows they just wanted to save a soul. But this wasted my time and there was no income to me.

Another example a woman at a school I attended recently. She was in her mid 30's and had a thing for the black 19 year old who was a friend of mine. They went out and while dating she use to bring up at lunch we are all going to hell except her? Because she believed? She said these things knowing I wouldn't keep my mouth shut. But to make a long story short. She said so often we were going to hell but she was the one that was married to one, engaged to another and dating my friend?

These people irritate me. They have no right to push religion on others when they are in worse shape then who they think they are saving. Sort of a Do as I say, Not as I do.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:42:13 am by Vince G »

Offline Frans B

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 02:28:17 am »
The world now has a new manmade god in addition to the other three manmade gods Yahweh, Jesus and Allah.
His name is - Big Pharma -
his angels are: Caldaron, Obama, Brown, UN, WHO, CDC, Dr. Chan, Rumsfeld and others in the pharma business.
“But writing itself, writing the truth is a privilege and joy.
It is worth any inconvenience, any hardship.” -Andre Vltchek