Author Topic: Shanghai  (Read 1350 times)

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
Shanghai
« on: December 19, 2009, 06:46:10 pm »
My wife has decided that she wants us to go to Shanghai during February.  She wants to go to the temple where she asked for a good husband and thank them. (Her words not mine) So does anybody know of a good inexpensive hotel in Shanghai?  With western style accommodations.  Thanks.
Jim
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Danny

RE: Shanghai
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 08:38:35 pm »
It's a big city. You need to work out where you wish to be located (eg near the middle, near the airport, etc).

Offline Cam

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 07:37:57 am »
I left Motel 168 this morning, they are all over Shanghai, the one I was in was near Pudong road on the No 4 subway, 138rmb per night, not too far from the city, clean, great staff, bit noisy in the mornings as the hallways are tiled but for the price I'd give it 8/10, lots of little restaurants and small shops and supermarkets in the area, cost me bugger all to live there for 3 weeks, giving Nanning a go now, much smaller and warmer, Hotel No is..021-51171111
About 75rmb to the Airport by taxi and the shower is big enough for about 4 people lol.
Edit, just asked my lady friend, it's on Dalian road about 100m from the subway.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 07:57:20 am by Cam »

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 04:03:41 pm »
Quote from: 'Cam' pid='26003' dateline='1261312677'

I left Motel 168 this morning, they are all over Shanghai, the one I was in was near Pudong road on the No 4 subway, 138rmb per night, not too far from the city, clean, great staff, bit noisy in the mornings as the hallways are tiled but for the price I'd give it 8/10, lots of little restaurants and small shops and supermarkets in the area, cost me bugger all to live there for 3 weeks, giving Nanning a go now, much smaller and warmer, Hotel No is..021-51171111
About 75rmb to the Airport by taxi and the shower is big enough for about 4 people lol.
Edit, just asked my lady friend, it's on Dalian road about 100m from the subway.

Thanks Cam.  I will ask her
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 09:51:32 pm »
Jim , I know this is not the cheapest ... but it's my Favorite . Downtown Holiday Inn ( Great Wall Wing ) . It has the Train Station right in back . Walking distance to many good Restaurants and Shopping Center's and Banks . 15 min. - 60 min. to just about everything . It's in Pu-xi and Pu-dong ( the Bund , Pearl Tower , Boat Cruises ) is a 20 Min. Taxi drive . It comes with a great Breakfast and free Internet and free Happy Hour for Executive Rooms at about 520 RMB - 630 RMB . I've been at a cheaper one on my first Trip , but what a pain ? Was near Pudong Airport , so a bitch of a drive to go to the Center of the City . The darn Taxi driver's got lost all the time , it was sooo far out . Qing had to tell them where to go . FUNNY.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 07:52:30 am »
Just seen Shanghai on TV.   It is covered in Snow.

Should be gone by February though.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Chinese Knot

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 11:25:21 pm »
Which temple does she want to visit ? If you can provide the name of this temple , I would love to help you find the nearest and reasonable hotel for you . Anyway , it is very cold in February , please take warm clothes . Have a great trip with your wife ! Happy new year ! :heart: