Author Topic: America's Changing Attitude?  (Read 4848 times)

Offline jeffm

RE: America's Changing Attitude?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 12:17:27 pm »
Sorry Vince.  I'm a little passionate about this.  I was telling myself don't comment, but I fell into it lol.
Watch what people do not what they say

shaun

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 07:43:25 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='27177' dateline='1262523449'
rockycoon,

...From what i can remember, he's been a parasite civil servant for most of his working life, (thanks again to good ole Dad!!) and had never been outside of continental America in his life before becoming President!!!
Makes you wonder where he would be in this life, were it not for being George Bush's son.

David....

David,

This is where you are wrong. George Jr. was very successful in the oil business.  he lived in Midland, Tx. and started a successful oil company called Arbusto Energy Inc. Before you make fun of the name Arbusto it is Spanish for Bush.

Many people have said that the business was a failure but it was not.  Bush bought into and merged with Spectrum 7 and Bush will worked there.  The two owners purchase the Texas Rangers baseball team and became a partner in that too. Spectrum 7 sold out to Harkin Oil and the dynamic 3 invested into the Texas Rangers.  Under Bush's leadership with the baseball team.  

Bush turned the club around and they almost made it to the world series.

How do I know all this?  I was in the oil business and I worked with Arbusto and Spectrum 7.   When I went back to school I worked for the Texas Rangers for 1 season.  The Bush family treated their employees and business associates extremely well.  I would work for them again without question if the opportunity presented itself.

Many people say Bush was not a successful oil man.  Quite the contrary.  The fact that they started and grew and were sold to larger companies during very difficult economic times in the oil industry proves he was a very successful businessman.  Many well established oil companies went out of business during these times.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:46:39 pm by shaun »

ttwjr32

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 09:01:57 pm »
i agree with Vince this will get out of
 hand and turn into arguments if it is
 to continue

rockycoon

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 09:03:27 pm »
Elect me as president, I will lower your taxes, get you jobs, put a chicken in every pot, AND I'LL MAKE CHINESE VISA'S AN INSTANT affair, where you simply tell the immigration you love her, and recieve a visa for her, good for as long as you want! Also I will have the goverment give free english lessons.  
How about free government flights to china, your choice of destanations.....
VOTE FOR ME...:icon_cheesygrin::P

Oh I almost forgot, you can have up to 3 chinese or asian wife's at the same time. Mix or match your choice....LOL
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 09:21:17 pm by rockycoon »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 10:36:13 pm »
Well Now Rocky - that makes me almost want to be an American voter!!! :angel:   ALMOST but still a long way off!!!!

Only good decision made in my lifetime was to elect Bill Clinton - now he was my kind of man.  Kennedy may have been ok but even I was too young to know much about him.

Maybe the first Spanish speaking President will be good - oh yes it willcome specially at the rate that Spanish is now spoken in the US.

So lets vote for Rocky but only if he makes a law that western Belts have to be replaced when they suddenly snap in two:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Just a load of my usual 'laji'  to calm things down as we are getting a bit overheated and almost stepping into the no go area of Politics which is not permitted.     I know as I have had posts deleted in the past because I got political.   Me Political?  - definately never politically correct though.

So the nearest thing I get to politics now is what type of cigars was Monica's favourite brand?

Willy

For non Chinese Speakers 'Laji' is rubbish, garbage.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 10:38:04 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,