Author Topic: Google Cn may be no more...  (Read 1318 times)

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
Google Cn may be no more...
« on: January 13, 2010, 02:54:32 pm »
Hi guy's

I was reading an article in the Times today. (reputable English paper) It was saying that Google may withdraw from China due to the countries Internet censorship...They say they will no longer allow the Google Cn search engine to have limited results due to the censorship, and say if they can not agree the situation with the Chinese government then they will withdraw their services from China, tho this may not effect a lot of us i just thought I'd let you know in case some of the Brothers out there have Gmail etc as this will also mean you will no longer be able to access you email...Just a heads-up.

Andy...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:55:27 pm by wilsbrough »
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
RE: Google Cn may be no more...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 05:00:22 pm »
Hi Andy,

I thought it was to do with the Chinese hacking the Google accounts of party opposing users ...

All the same China has Baidu.com and 163.com, as much as I love all the stuff Google has to offer, I find it scary that a single content filtration portal can have over 90% market share in certain countries, actually in most countries... isn't there a risk of censorship there too? I work a lot to position my websites well in Google, and their ranking is sometimes a pile of crap, yet it keeps my competition trailing behind, I like it but it doesn't seem fair.

Frank
Go deep or don't go

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »
Actually your right Frank, i forgot to mention the Hacking issue aswell....:icon_cheesygrin:

Andy...
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Paul Todd

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 09:23:39 pm »
Thanks Andy,

I missed that one. Just opened another account, better safe than sorry.:icon_cheesygrin:

Vince G

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 12:03:48 am »
If anyone is looking for a really good email site try Inbox.com  

I've phased out most of my old email addresses and staying with this one.

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 12:40:00 am »
how long have you been with inbox Vince and have
  you encountered any problems at all??

Vince G

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 12:52:25 am »
I'm not sure how long? They were new when I found them but over a year for sure. NOT ONE PROBLEM. They allow for large files/ multi file transfer and storage. I've had 6 other email sites. I still have them but I use them for spare sites. Like if I have to sign up with an email address but don't really want to hear from some site. One of my email sites Excite changed the program and it doesn't work well with a Mac. I wrote them having used them for years about how long having to wait for it to open and how half the stuff doesn't work. They wrote back basically saying tuff sh**. So they get all my spam now. :icon_biggrin: Yahoo is good but it has it's crappy ways about it esp. in photos. Hotmail too to me is crappy. I don't recommend anything unless it passed my scrutiny.

rockycoon

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 02:40:59 am »
By the way guys, The london Times is a good newspaper,,, that's why they wrap so many fish and chips in it....:icon_cheesygrin:
I'll check out "inbox" thanks vince.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:43:38 am by rockycoon »

ttwjr32

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 10:08:39 am »
i dont think google will pull out of china.
 they are probably generating a hefty
 profit there. maybe just their ploy to
 lift some of the censorship?? so their revenue
 gets even better??