Author Topic: Going to Guangzhou in August - Very Nervous and excited  (Read 6452 times)

Offline UK Mark

RE: Going to Guangzhou in August - Very Nervous and excited
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 07:04:22 pm »
Thx for the airport info , Not sure yet if we are going to stay in Guangzhou for a few days or fly straight on to another city
 Got a interesting message today, Ning tells me she thinks the weather will be hot and that Guangzhou is not a good place to visit , I mentioned maybe visiting Bejing this or anothern visit in a previous message and Ning tells me that it is a long way away but she would like it if we could visit , But she also says she doesn't mind where we go as long as she is with me (sweet :)) I can choose whats best for me .. She says she  doesnt know how she can be so lucky to have  chance to meet a man like me .. Wah! Im just a normal like the rest of you!! but when a beautiful women says that to you , its impossible not to feel good ! :D ,
Im dying to get to her as fast as i can!!!
Dreams can come true

Offline maxx

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 09:24:50 pm »
Slow down there tiger :D Give yourself time to get your head straight.That long of a flight is really rough.New country New customs can be overwhelming. The first time Most people are in a fog for the first twelve hours in country.

What city does the lady live in? if it is Guanzghou I would suggest staying there for a couple of days.Then go somewhere else if you want to.If your lady lives in another city.I would fly to that city.Stay a couple of days then go somewhere else.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 09:29:23 pm »
Mark , check out the MD8290 from Besta as it has a larger internal battery and a few more features , this is the one I was using , regards Robert .
 Also because of the bloody hot weather try heading for the coast if possible , I will be in ChongQing during August and we are heading for a lake area at Kunming for a week ,:heart: you will find 40 degrees Celsius is a real possibility .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 09:58:28 pm »
Quote from: 'UK Mark' pid='3014' dateline='1242428662'

Thx for the airport info , Not sure yet if we are going to stay in Guangzhou for a few days or fly straight on to another city
 Got a interesting message today, Ning tells me she thinks the weather will be hot and that Guangzhou is not a good place to visit , I mentioned maybe visiting Bejing this or anothern visit in a previous message and Ning tells me that it is a long way away but she would like it if we could visit ,

GZ will be incredibly hot and humid. They have their most rainfall in the summer and the highest temperatures, most tourist guides recommend visits in the fall for that reason.
That said I'm gong there next month because I cannot wait to see my Ling :D
I asked her how they deal with the heat there in the summer, she replied "air con" !
They are also totally obsessed with hygiene and cleanliness of their food, i think I'll pay very close attention to that in a hot wet climate too.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Vince G

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 11:16:25 pm »
Irish, I live in the same temp. & climate as GZ. It's not so bad. Shenyang were Song lives is like New York weather so between the two? I can handle it. Others can too. :cool:

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 11:46:30 pm »
Mark, I am going to be in Beijing from August 11th until the end of october.  Please look me up if you get there. You are right about a beautiful woman. I was talking to her about something and she just naturally said, You are the man it is your decision.  It knocked me out.  I was on QQ with her for 5 hours tonight and it seemed like 20 minutes.  I am so thankful for QQ.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 12:15:51 am »
Welcome Mark, enjoy your stay here.

Jim you are right, they are amazing and kindhearted cute persons, as long as you treat them the way they have deserved. QQ is fantastic tool. My lady uses it even from her cell phone.

I will be in Urumqi in August. Depending on how things develop, it could be that we will go to Beijing for a few days. If it should be after August 11th it would be a pleasure to meet Sgt. Jim in person :D
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 07:40:11 am »
:D Thx guys , My thinking on it all at the moment is to stay in GZ for a couple or days then head to Bejiing, I have almost 3 weeks holiday :D. I've travelled quite a few times to Indonesia and you are right the flights can be hard , i've always tryed to get emergency exit seats or at the very least aisle seats , As for the weather i've been to Singapore/Indonesia in the months of July/Aug/Nov and Jan and that area is always really hot and sometimes very wet heheh , but its a different kind of heat , over here that temp would kill me but over there i just love it! , I'm lucky i guess. If i get to Bejing it would be great to meet up with some of you guys ,

I'm getting so much info and help from you guys , THANKS! , i will try and put back what i can into the site and help you guys also in whatever way i can
Dreams can come true

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 05:47:04 am »
I recommend going for a walk up Baiyun mountain to the north  of the city and take the cable car ride down while you are there. Its not really a mountain at all , more a hill - is only 300 metres tall! and is a leisurely stroll to the top. Great views especially after rain as the pollution usually makes any views rather short .
The bigger zoo - there are two, is pretty good - take the train ride around the safari park part of the zoo, that's awesome, the tigers literally go nuts when the train goes by and look like they'd love to eat you..its pretty cool.
There's also a circus there, if you want to see a huge bear riding a big motorbike around a ring unaided or monkeys riding push bikes then Guangzhou is the place to see it!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 05:47:51 am by Irishman »

Offline UK Mark

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 06:08:00 am »
Bears riding motorbikes ??? sounds more like Norfolk than China heheh , and anything over 1m high is classed as a mountain where i live :D  
Seriously though thx Ronan , My girl likes hiking so so Baiyun mountain sounds like a great thing to do!  ,
Dreams can come true

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 07:10:42 am »
Also , HIGHLY recommend the boat ride down the Pearl river after dark.
Its amazing, the city looks nicer all lit up at night i think than during the day. The boat ride is really romantic too ;)

Paul Todd

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 12:23:06 pm »
Guangzhou has started a city- wide overhaul of marriage agencies.

This will clean up marriage services in the city and prevent those from being swindled by such agencies, said an official with the municipal administration for industry and commerce in this south China city.

The administration has also cooperated with the civil affairs bureau in publishing a circular that states marriage agencies must be registered. The circular also stipulates that marriage agencies should not mislead or cheat their clients, or provide matchmaking service that involve foreign nationals, people of Chinese origin in foreign countries, and compatriots from Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macao on the one side and people in China's interior on the other.

In Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong Province, there are more than 100 marriage agencies. Only some forty of these have permits.

An official with Guangzhou Municipal Civil Affairs Bureau said that in the campaign, authorities will issue a new list of marriage agencies, close down agencies that are not registered and implement detailed rules and regulations for such agencies.

Looks like there cleaning up there own back yard,but not much for us .

Offline daghoi

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2009, 05:48:52 am »
As stated earlier in the thread, GZ ariport is modern and easy to navigate. I would suggest to allow your self a night or two in the city before travel on. Book a hotel at Shamian Island, take a look at the Qing Ping Market it's across the street. Also recommend the night cruise on the Pearl River. The cruise boat leaves 5 minuts walk from Shamian Island. I left a few pics from the river cruise in the photo thread. (If you have not yet chatted directly to your girl, it is probably a good idea to do so. At least a few minutes to make sure she know who you are and that you are going there :) ).

Im sure you will have a great time and a wonderful experience. I had my most amazing trip when i went :)