Author Topic: South China Trip  (Read 17734 times)

Offline jeffm

RE: South China Trip
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2010, 06:41:37 pm »
I met Frank last night.  In fact while I was making my last post he called to let me know he was in the lobby of my hotel.  His taxi driver must have special skills because he made it to Futian from Louhu pretty fast and right when rush hour was starting.  I was going to include in my last post that we were going to meet and give Yan a call to have dinner with us, but didn’t have the time thanks to his great taxi driver lol.  

While sitting in the lobby talking we both had the idea of giving Yan a call to have dinner with us.  The three of us had a nice dinner in Louhu.  Frank was a bit giddy over his most recent meeting that I’m sure he will share with you.  We laughed and good time and gave our own accounts of agency experiences.  After dinner we walked around talking and then we walked Yan back to her hotel.  Frank and I then sat at a starbucks outside and talked about our own experiences of China well past midnight lol.
Yeah the agency review list would be good.  What I post about my first hand experience inside an agency might be contrary to another feeling for that agency.  I say "feeling" because maybe that person had a bad experience at the agency with a translator or even a woman.  If it is merely because a woman now then emotions are dictating the decision of that individual as the agency then is not at fault.  Emotional decisions are what will skew the results.  Personally I stayed objective in my posting about the agencies I visited.  I really had a bone to pick with the Oriental agency, but quickly found out it wasn't as bad at that agency as I thought.  Now I could have been emotional about it and tore them up but I didn't.  The Moonlove agency was the one I thought I would like, but I didn't like the way they operate so I tore them up lol.  

The agency review will be good, but IMO it needs to have a sliding approval score or something that can move/change over time.  

This is about the new guys.  All the agencies in China are not bad.  You might not like the business model, but on the other side of the middle man (chnlove) there are a very large number of good genuine women.  We just to keep getting more efficient how we can meet them or write them directly as soon as possible.  Chnlove wants a lot of EMF's and we want as few EMF's as possible.  There are the other sites without the "middle man" such as CLL and Blossoms, but most of the time the players on that site vastly outnumber the legitamate ones.  On Chnlove the number of players are much lower and mostly the reason for that is the ladies have to pay fees.  Personally if I send out 10 letters I can reasonably expect one reply.  That is a 10% hit rate which is not guaranteed either such as Chnlove.  

In summary I would call it pick your poison.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:09:29 pm by jeffm »
Watch what people do not what they say

ttwjr32

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »
looks like frank had a very good experience that will carry on in
the future. thats good to know for him after the other one he had.

Offline jeffm

« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2010, 08:12:18 pm »
He had a twinkle in his eye and I could have sworn I saw tweety birds flying around this head lol.

ttwjr32

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2010, 08:46:49 pm »
tweety birds  hahahah looks like he is done in his search  hahaha

Offline jeffm

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2010, 09:30:31 pm »
Ted I look forward to the day it happens to me.

Tired of this process

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2010, 10:43:09 pm »
Haha yes I think I struck gold, a heart of gold :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

I can't wait to get back to her, just over 24 hours and counting ... Jeff it will happen, or maybe it already has? Stop looking at all those pretty legs walking by and maybe you'll be able to concentrate haha :D :D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:44:26 pm by Voiceroveip »
Go deep or don't go

Offline jeffm

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2010, 04:51:49 am »
just looking at the menu. i didn't order. haha

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2010, 05:33:04 am »
Jeff ,The building has a hotel inside,but I donn't live in the hotel.
I believe when you bring your "seller" to China next time, they must can bring you good luck.
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline jeffm

« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2010, 11:51:28 am »
Yan I  must be a little slow tonight, but I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to say.  Sorry.

ttwjr32

« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2010, 06:45:57 pm »
many houses here in china have a hotel or storefront at the ground level
so i think this is what she means

Offline jeffm

« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2010, 09:34:26 pm »
oh i see i see

yes the apartment i am renting in shenzhen is at the four points sheraton.
Yan did you make it to your destination okay?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:37:22 pm by jeffm »

Offline jeffm

« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2010, 02:48:35 am »
Quote from: 'chen yan' pid='31319' dateline='1265884384'

Jeff ,The building has a hotel inside,but I donn't live in the hotel.
I believe when you bring your "seller" to China next time, they must can bring you good luck.

Yan

Ted set me straight what you meant, but I was baffled as to why you made it until I looked back at my post and saw that I wrote "walked you back to your hotel".  I misspoke/written it. Sorry about that.

Your last point of "when I bring my seller" to China.  I don't get that one lol.  After that I'm good. lol

Offline jeffm

« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:32 am »
Hey guys

Have been doing some work and staying in touch with Li Na.  A little development happened yesterday in my communication with the translator and Li Na.  I was talking to the translator on qq.  Li Na contacted her on qq at that time and asked the translator for a translation of which she then asked me what I was trying to say.  Long story short I told her that was not mine, but it must be from someone else contacting Li Na.  The translation was referring to “compromising the relationship”, so that is why the translator was asking me for an explanation.  When she determined I was the wrong person to ask she gave me an apology for the mistake. Now I don’t know if the translator truly made a mistake or was playing dumb and letting me know what was going on.  She has become a friend of mind, so I know she plays it straight with me.  It intrigued me, so I qq’d Li Na about it (she didn’t know the translator told me this) and asked if she contacted the translator for a translation.  Li Na’s reply to me was “no”.  That was an eye opener. Then she texted back and said “oh yes” after a pause from her previous answer.  She then went on to tell about the contact she got from a guy who has been writing her, and trying to send her a gift.  Several days before she was to tell the guy that she is seeing someone else and please don’t send any present, as it is her birthday tomorrow.  She thought I might be mad about it, but I told I was not, but I know where we stand.  So you see why I keep my options open?  I am not saying this will not work out with Lina, but as I said before I learned not to put all my eggs in one basket.  As time passes if it works out with us then I will want to marry her, if not then at least I won’t be starting over like before.  She felt I was not jumping up and down over the event and sent me an email explaining fully the situation.  It seemed to be a sincere letter, so I accepted her explanation and we are not talking about that anymore.  We’ll see how it plays out.  When I initially found this out that day and learning from my past I immediately called up the Oriental agency and asked if she would contact one of the girls we picked out when I visited.  Long story short the translator emailed me to let me know that one of the women could meet me the same evening after she left work for the day.  So I met Nancy over in Louhu and we went to have a dinner.  Mind you I have not sent one letter to this girl.  So no EMF money spent lol.  Anyway her English was just good enough but not quite totally, but I still had my Besta that I kept when I left Nanning.  I would have been kicking myself if I did not have it with me, but learning from past mistakes is paying off.  If you’ve read my previous post in Nanning you would know I almost left it with Lina.  We had a nice talk and I found out about her family and her plans on marriage and children.  She is a pretty girl also.  Don’t want to leave that out lol.  I think what I like about her most is that she is so calm.  She just naturally puts you at ease with her personality.  I really like that.  That was two nights ago and I knew she was busy all day yesterday preparing for the holiday, so we were not able to meet.  I don’t think I will be able to see her (if she still wants to see me) until I come back. I leave tomorrow.  I left a message to the translator if she heard from Nancy and if there was any interest on her part.  I have not heard back yet, but it is the holiday, so nothing is happening as usual right now.  

On another note I have been in contact with a girl I met here back in August.  I didn’t meet her on any of the services chnlove, cll, blossoms, etc..  I actually met her in a Starbucks one morning in Shekou.  When I live here I am totally less dependent on the services and their games.  I can meet people easily, so it isn’t an issue.  I just moved into my apartment at the time in Shekou and I didn’t have a coffee maker yet, so I would always get up and walk about a quarter mile (as the crow flies) and get there when they opened. The Starbucks is in the sea world area.  I am sitting in there by myself at about 7:05am relaxing and waking up with my coffee.  This stunning looking girl comes walking in with her laptop and sits in a different section.  So I went over and asked if she would mind if I joined her to chat.  She accepted.  She is from the Philippines and is a teacher over in Zhuhai and was off on a break for a few days.  She spoke clean near perfect English, which was a relief. Quite intelligent. Had a very nice talk and stayed in touch through email and skype.  We wouldn’t talk often because we had conflicting schedules so the connection was extremely fragile and could easily have went the way of never talking again at any point.  We just didn’t talk much, but we still barely maintained our communication how little it was.  We have been in contact on my trip a couple of times only because she went to Thailand with her parents for a couple of weeks.  We both do want to meet again.  I think she senses what I am that we have hung on this little communication and want to see more if this means anything between us.  I don’t know why I kept in touch other than a couple of skype conversations of her telling me where she is in her life.  Who knows could this be the woman all along and I just don’t know it.  When I return we both will see if this means something or nothing.  

I leave to go back tomorrow.  This trip was not a failure by any means, but a building block to finding the lasting relationship that I seek. I am looking for that spark again. Like the one I had last year.  I’m a little protective of getting emotionally involved.  I’ve been tore up and as some of you know yourselves it is not pleasant.  I am fortunate enough to be able to do it this way, and it is the best way other than living here full-time.  To live here for long periods of time and integrate into the culture, one is able to really meet special people who have something to give in their own way.  Not just women but people in general.  Business contacts and the whole feeling of the culture.  I hope to bring my 7 year old daughter with me this summer while she is off of school. I return to Shenzhen March 2nd , so I will only be gone for a couple of weeks.  I plan on staying here for the entire month of March and a little of April.  

I would have tried to post pictures of my trip, but my computer’s permissions seem to be blocking me.  I don’t understand it, because I can send pictures in any other platform except this one for some reason.  A phenomenon lol.  When I figure out the solution I will do so if you guys are interested.  I have many lol.  

That about covers it.

Jeff

Offline jeffm

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2010, 02:26:23 am »
One important side note that I left out in my summary.

The Brother that I mentioned I ran into at this hotel after over 3 years not seeing him ended up being an important meeting.  We had a major falling out when our Mother died in 2006 and had not spoke since, and our Father died in 2004, so it was our last parent we lost.  This meeting went a long way in repairing our relationship....  God truly works in mysterious ways....  The chances of meeting in a 10 million populated city in a 2 billion populated country are rare.  I think the chances of getting struck by lightening or winning the lottery are better.  It did make me step back and reflect on life....and the meaning of this unexpected meeting.  There was a message in this trip, and if for nothing else a part of your family gets repaired then it is a good thing.  He lives in San Diego and I will probably at some point go there  to see him and the prospects of moving my home office there, in addition to the other cities I have  on the list including Austin, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia.

ttwjr32

« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2010, 09:16:47 am »
Jeff ,

looking forward to the pics maybe next time you get here
we could meet up for dinner

Ted