Author Topic: How do I exactly go about to meet them?  (Read 6519 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: How do I exactly go about to meet them?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 11:34:56 pm »
I used eastloving...I had no issues with them.  They are in Shenzhen, which is right over the border from Hong Kong.  I met the owner, and she seemed like a really decent person.  Her name is Ding (Jane) Weijian (Ding is her first name.)

There web page is www.eastloving.com.  Phone number is 86196782 or 86196020 or 86196705 or 86196706.
QQ #4109 11301, and MSN dingweijian117@hotmail.com

HAHAHA, for the first time, I have found use for one of the many business cards that I got when I was in China.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 11:41:28 pm »
Haha you keep all those cards?

I don't, not enough weight allowance for luggage :icon_cheesygrin:
Go deep or don't go

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 11:54:15 pm »
I always keep the cards and when I get back to the hotel, I enter them into outlook.  You never know when they might come in handy.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 02:54:12 am »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='28531' dateline='1263775929'

Quote from: 'Oiler1' pid='28528' dateline='1263775187'

I do not know if the personal e-mail they give me is an agency one or not though as sometimes it has yahoo in it.

Don, a typical agency email account is HuJintao6080001@yahoo.cn

The women get the email account opened for them as part of their service for which they pay.

You can buy an electronic translator, try searching "Besta" on the forum, there are several threads. When you get your hotel booking, get the address in Chinese and print it out to show to a taxi. Ctrip provides this service.

I saw two ladies on my first trip, but I did not mention it to either, I do business in China so it was easy to find an excuse for the trip ... but the lesson I learned is that if you like #1, you'll have zero bandwith for #2, so there's no point following through. On my next trip I am seing several, but it's so early in our communications (2 are even blind dates, well I saw pics and a basic profile, no exchange though) that it would be hard to choose. I'm writing to 3 and will probably eliminate one in the next couple of days.

Edit: As I am writing this, I just realized that one is standing out now from the 3, I might actually focus on her soon ...

The woman I am writing to has an e-mail like 1_love_me_2009@yahoo.com. Is this an agency e-mail address too?

Good idea, I found a Besta electronic translator in Canada for about $330.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 04:37:55 am »
Oiler , I hope that ending on that email address you are talking to  is not .com , any Yahoo that comes out of China is .cn with all my contacts , pehaps someone else can think on this , regards Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

brett

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 04:46:40 am »
Oiler - if you know people in China then can they introduce you to some ladies? At least then you would know they were more likely to be honest. Friends of friends is how many Chinese find their partners.

My lady gave me her contact details. I only went to see one lady, as I was certain she was the one for me.

If you're going to meet several ladies do not tell them about the others. Chinese women (well maybe all women!) are very jealous of rivals.

Good luck!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 04:51:05 am »
Quote from: 'RobertBfrom aust' pid='28589' dateline='1263807475'

Oiler , I hope that ending on that email address you are talking to  is not .com , any Yahoo that comes out of China is .cn with all my contacts , pehaps someone else can think on this , regards Ying and Robert .

My lady joined up on Yahoo.com and had a yahoo.com email address.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline jeffm

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 07:12:40 am »
Quote from: 'Oiler1' pid='28548' dateline='1263786242'

I have a ticket to Hong Kong to arrive on February 24th. I am due back in Canada from Shanghai on April 8th. In between that time I really haven't formulated a plan except I have one lady in Shanghai I could meet and one in the Guangdong province area. I have another far away from both cities.

If there are guys who know of any honest (oxymoron) agencies or can help near the south China it would be appreciated.

I had a really good experience with ChangSha MeiYin International Marriage Introduction Company p218.  They bent over backwards to help/find someone.  I would go back to them, but I'm focusing on Guangxi and Guangdong provinces, and I do business in Shenzhen, so it's not practical right now.
I had a girl who also had a yahoo.com address.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:17:21 am by jeffm »
Watch what people do not what they say

ttwjr32

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 08:35:53 am »
some do have a yahoo.com address  not sure hoy they get it?
 but for the most part its yahoo.com .cn

Vince G

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 09:10:07 am »
I've posted this before so here we go again. My lady didn't have an email address (or a computer) but her sister did. I told her how to make an email address on yahoo. In the next letter she sent it to me.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 09:25:32 am »
Quote from: 'Oiler1' pid='28528' dateline='1263775187'

when you don;t have any other interpreters what can you do? I suppose one can go to a university or hotel and try to find someone who speaks English.

Don

Don
When I went to Qingdao in November, I knew VERY little Chinese.  I had a little dictionary and some sentences wrote down in a note book.  I then went into town and (well read my story:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:) FOUND SOMEONE TO HELP ME GET A TRANSLATION MACHINE.  I asked and stopped people on the street, and also got help from the hotel staff
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 09:26:12 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 09:49:56 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='28609' dateline='1263824732'

When I went to Qingdao in November, I knew VERY little Chinese.

And there was Anne walking along the street minding her own business and she suddenly found that she knew a little Scot.

Try Robs method Don he asked for a electonic translator and ended up with much more than he expected.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 09:53:33 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='28610'
And there was Anne walking along the street minding her own business and she suddenly found that she knew a little Scot.

Try Robs method Don he asked for a electonic translator and ended up with much more than he expected.

Willy
[/quote

HEHE Now aint that the truth....LOL:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 11:45:38 am »
Hey guys, what type of e-mail ends in .163com? Is this an agency monitored e-mail address that some woman are giving me?

I will buy a BESTA electronic translator either in Canada, HK or China. The one in Canad/USA is more geared towards English speakers learning Chinese though. It have English instruction book and menus. When I was in HK, they had different model numbers than China or North America. Some had additional dialects like Cantonese which may be useful too.

BTW, I am of Chinese descent, but born in Canada. I can understand a little Cantonese and another local dialect but that's all I know.
Quote from: 'brett' pid='28590' dateline='1263808000'

Oiler - if you know people in China then can they introduce you to some ladies? At least then you would know they were more likely to be honest. Friends of friends is how many Chinese find their partners.

My lady gave me her contact details. I only went to see one lady, as I was certain she was the one for me.

If you're going to meet several ladies do not tell them about the others. Chinese women (well maybe all women!) are very jealous of rivals.

Good luck!

I actually have relatives in China but I never met them until last year. When I was over there last year all sorts of people wanted to introduce me to a woman, but most of them I did not like.

Yes, I am a bit picky, but this is an important decision that cannot be taken lightly. I could try again to network around I suppose but using the Internet and agencies gives me a better choice and meets my specifications for a woman.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:52:24 am by Oiler1 »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 02:00:46 pm »
Do what Chong did...ask the security guard at the hotel.  The more you get your name out over there, the better odds that you will meet that special someone.